• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I don’t disagree with all of that, and that is a pretty common issue that all halfbacks have that aren’t absolute top liners, which is where the debate can enter the fray about reported pay packets. He frustrates me at times as well, especially when a few years back he was outstanding at getting a repeat set and now he never tries it which drives me insane. But there is a genuine issue with the depth of halfbacks in the NRL at the moment, and while he have one, I wouldn’t want to let him go

Just for that last point, I can give you that game, Canberra at Brookie earlier in the season, it was the best kicking display I have seen from a Manly halfback and he absolutely kicked them to death including a 20/40 and a 40/20
agree totally that their is a lack of quality in the halves across the NRL. Absolutely spot on. Where do we get another half from - not sure but he is not worth $1.2 million when he is rocks and diamonds. When the Dolphins were announced as the next franchise - we should have had a plan in place to get younger at half and start grooming someone because as an old Redcliffe boy DCE would have jumped to the Dolphins if we were looking at someone else. He is a great kicker but when the chips are down ... he just is not the man to dig you out of that hole.

Kiwi I didn’t say they weren’t grubs. But they were liked, more importantly respected.
And at certain times Mason and Watmough were on top of the league in there respective positions. AFB is a fair point..

Fair points again with some of the things said on here, i myself probably go a bit far. But it’s passion and frustration. As far as DCE goes on a personal level, good luck to him. Professional level, got zero respect for him, overpaid and underperforming. Woeful no, but very very very overrated.

But it’s just my opinion ( again means zero). I just want us to contend again.

Fair enough, I just don’t think there is a way at the moment where we contend better without him, than with him on the park

I’d probably throw Mitchell Pearce up to make that point. Consecutive top 8 appearances for the Knights, Pearce much maligned a lot like DCE. They move him on/let him go in the off season, got Clifford and Clune for his money, and fell off a cliff without him. The Titans reportedly said no to him, and let their halfback go in Fogarty, and they had a disaster of a year as well. Our year wasn’t great in the end, but at least showed some promise at times, those clubs were a train wreck from start to finish

agree totally that their is a lack of quality in the halves across the NRL. Absolutely spot on. Where do we get another half from - not sure but he is not worth $1.2 million when he is rocks and diamonds. When the Dolphins were announced as the next franchise - we should have had a plan in place to get younger at half and start grooming someone because as an old Redcliffe boy DCE would have jumped to the Dolphins if we were looking at someone else. He is a great kicker but when the chips are down ... he just is not the man to dig you out of that hole.

In the general NRL market is he more rocks and diamonds than others reportedly around his pay grade ? We have Hunt, Brooks, Fifita and Ponga that I can think at the moment. Look at those names and every club has probably struggled this year. To a lesser degree Munster is there as well, his diamonds are fairly bright though and gloss over the boulders he can regularly produce. All those guys probably need a top line foil, and that’s where we have struggled with Tom out

Cody Walker was crap for a lot of the year, then Latrell come back and all of a sudden he is flying again. Keary struggled for a lot of the year but Tedesco carried him through. Cleary is the best by a mile at the moment with quality all around him

He won't be going anywhere. Not even Bennett would pay that freight for a polariser. He just needs to be knocked down a few pegs. Relieved of the captaincy for starters and pulled into line with some hard truths about his aloof , sh*t don't stink attitude.
Why does he "need to be knocked down a few pegs"? Because he can string a sentence together? Because he doesn't feel the need to be a true representative of QLD and be a complete and utter bogan?

He has seemingly done enough for the NRL playing group at large for them to trust him in his roles with the RLPA

Maybe enough of the knuckle draggers realise this and that is why they have entrusted both DCE and Christian Welch with significant responsibilities

Both DCE and Christian have something in common - they are demonstrably intelligent and also don't feel the need to "toe the line" and bogan up. We are lucky to have several clearly balanced members in the club which bodes well (Garrick, Turbos).

Tall Poppy syndrome is alive and well

Getting over the anti dce stuff..

Name another halfback that has been playing pretty consistently for the last 11 years without missing games thru injury?
How many games has he missed that weren’t rep related over the last 11 years?? Ide say less than 10…
He’s not a tampon like some blokes that are on millions, and no one can say the guy doesn’t try when he plays..
The guy runs in circles like a chook with its head cut off because he’s usually one of the ONLY blokes trying..
This manly team has been dreadful for the better part of the last 7 years…
Half the time dce is the bloke trying too hard because the blokes around him arnt putting in… sometimes the results are dreadful games from dce, but ALOT of times the bloke has single-handedly won us games with his kicking game alone…

“His team mates don’t like him”
Why? Because he has a brain in his head? Because he made sure with each contract he signs that his family is set for life?
Because he wants a career in the media post playing career so actually thinks, and articulates when he speaks??
He’s not a “yea nah” “credit to the boys” “we play for each other” cliche spewing dipsh!t ?

Without dce this season, we get the spoon.. fact.
There needs to be a mass clean out at this club..
Players
Coaches
Training staff
Hell, the owners can go too..

But dce… nah, one of the last on the list.. put him next to the turbos in the stay Column, the rest of the team can go before them as far as I’m concerned

A premiership ring on the back of a golden generation, a Churchill medal that he shouldn’t have got/ pretty sure Bozo was a judge. And could not give a single fuk about his rubbish rep honours.

And last year?? Your giving Dce raps for it??? Rubbish, laughable. Turbo had a year that may never ever be matched, out of this world. He won the Dally M despite missing what 5-6 games. Jerry the blind wombat at the local zoo could of sat comfortably on his coattails!

And what about the players that hate him?
Yeah rubbish as well….
Mason on record hating on him and saying he divided the playing group…. Again.
Watmough on record calling him a fukwit
Clear problems with the golden generation
AFB hates him.
Problems with the Turbos amongst others( watch the games mate, nobody talks to him!)
Yeah none of them have any footy IQ and definitely didn’t play in teams that won!!!!!

But let me guess it’s all a massive conspiracy, none of them are telling the truth. All liars every single one of them….
Geez @hozza can you ease up on the blind Wombat bit. And now you’ve given him a name.. Jerry.;)@:p

In the general NRL market is he more rocks and diamonds than others reportedly around his pay grade ? We have Hunt, Brooks, Fifita and Ponga that I can think at the moment. Look at those names and every club has probably struggled this year. To a lesser degree Munster is there as well, his diamonds are fairly bright though and gloss over the boulders he can regularly produce. All those guys probably need a top line foil, and that’s where we have struggled with Tom out

Cody Walker was crap for a lot of the year, then Latrell come back and all of a sudden he is flying again. Keary struggled for a lot of the year but Tedesco carried him through. Cleary is the best by a mile at the moment with quality all around him
Oh I would have Ben Hunt any day of the week - tough as nails...all heart and effort and he leads from the front every week. But yes sorry DCE's time is quickly running out if it hasn't already run out.

Oh I would have Ben Hunt any day of the week - tough as nails...all heart and effort and he leads from the front every week. But yes sorry DCE's time is quickly running out if it hasn't already run out.
Ben hunt had some pretty ordinary years when he first went to the dragons. Would you have taken him then?

This isn’t aimed at you specifically, but I find the constant barrage of vitriol, name calling and attacks on him pathetic and disgraceful, especially in wake of what we have just witnessed with Paul Green, and is a major reason why I barely find time to read the comments on here very often these days
I've never been a fan of DCE and have said so on occasion on here, a footy forum. The whole point of a footy forum is for people to argue their point of view presumably and hopefully, respectfully.
What I do have a bit of an issue with is the number of people using Paul Green as an example as to why 'negative' opinions can't be shared as you have here KE, but this is not aimed at you specifically.
No doubt it was a tragedy, as were the (statistically) six other men and three women who also took their lives that day and every day since, a vast majority of whom would never have been mentioned in media, social or otherwise.
Green was one of the most popular blokes in the game and I highly doubt it was fan discussion that drove him to abandon his wife and family forever.
People who commit suicide suffer from clinical depression, not just the sadness that overtakes us all when things aren't going our way or criticisms are made.
This is not to say that all discussion of others shouldn't be done respectfully but it is an effort to get people to understand that clinical depression is a severe mental health condition, one which is not caused by mere fan criticism.
Sorry KE, it's just bugging me a bit.

Last edited:
I've never been a fan of DCE and have said so on occasion on here, a footy forum. The whole point of a footy forum is for people to argue their point of view presumably and hopefully, respectfully.
What I do have a bit of an issue with is the number of people using Paul Green as an example as to why 'negative' opinions can't be shared as you have here KE, but this is not aimed at you specifically.
No doubt it was a tragedy, as were the (statistically) six other men and three women who also took their lives that day and every day since, a vats majority of whom would never have been mentioned in media, social or otherwise.
Green was one of the most popular blokes in the game and I highly doubt it was fan discussion that drove him to abandon his wife and family forever.
People who commit suicide suffer from clinical depression, not just the sadness that overtakes us all when things aren't going our way or criticisms are made.
This is not to say that all discussion of others shouldn't be done respectfully but it is an effort to get people to understand that clinical depression is a severe mental health condition, one which is not caused by mere fan criticism.
Sorry KE, it's just bugging me a bit.
Yep fair, respectfully is fine, but if you run through this thread and most of the game day ones, respect turns into downright abuse fairly quickly

It’s not so much that the fan discussion solely drives people over the edge, but the personal attack and vitriol that the players themselves may not read, but family and friends do and would no doubt relay it to them and if not a starting point, it can be a contributor to the spiral when the media is piling on publicly as well week after week

The best thing about this forum in its early days was everyone had the ability to talk about the game and players without having to hop into the gutter, the great Jye Mullane who the site was built on never copped the it as rough with the abuse as we currently see lol

The other thing that separates Cherry from a lot of the players is age. I mean, how is a 33-year-old dad supposed to relate to an 18- or 19-year-old off the field?

Anyway, playing groups are always going to contain different people with different background and different personalities. You can't expect them to be best mates, but you can expect them to show up and play footy for the team.
Foran seems to manage.

Just sayin’

Ben hunt had some pretty ordinary years when he first went to the dragons. Would you have taken him then?
Not sure....DCE was playing well so there was no need to sign him. Hunt is also significantly younger than DCE and was learning his craft. Hunt has always had that pig dog mentality - you would never question his effort. So then wasn't the time to take Hunt or any half but DCE is coming to the end of his career. His composure/leadership behind a beaten forward pack is terrible. Hunt on the other hand can put a team on his back with his will and effort. He is not anywhere near as talented as DCE but he leads from the front... something we badly miss and will miss lots more next year without Foran.

Foran seems to manage.

Just sayin’
What proof do we have of that. Foran comes from a pretty well off family does he not? Most of our young lads come from near poverty from what I can see.
I haven't see Foz out hanging in western Sydney at any point. Happy to be corrected of course.

Not sure....DCE was playing well so there was no need to sign him. Hunt is also significantly younger than DCE and was learning his craft. Hunt has always had that pig dog mentality - you would never question his effort. So then wasn't the time to take Hunt or any half but DCE is coming to the end of his career. His composure/leadership behind a beaten forward pack is terrible. Hunt on the other hand can put a team on his back with his will and effort. He is not anywhere near as talented as DCE but he leads from the front... something we badly miss and will miss lots more next year without Foran.
Can't disagree with a lot of your points there. For me its like the coach situation. If there is someone better with tangible upside then let Des walk.
Same for Cherry but I just don't see any available 7's that are markidly cheaper that would come to us.

You just gave the answer, perhaps if we had Turbo playing the same games as DCE things would be a lot different for us
If Tom played the majority of the year we would be in the 8. Sure he was underdone for whatever reason to begin the season but he would have come good.
Every bad point thats happened this year directly relates to Tom and his absence.

Defence shot - starts from your fullback
Wingers not scoring starts from the fullback.
Sets starting slowly starts from the FB.

On another note. Whats the record for thread length? This DCE punchafest must be getting up the leaderboard?
The guy has been here for 10 years, he's our marquee player and Captain, why wouldn't it be a long thread ?? There's just as much blind devotion in these 400 pages as there is "punchafest".

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10
10 5 5 -13 10