• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Eagles2nv

DESpicable Manly
I think a fair and balanced story on this from Andrew Webster....
SMH link here:
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-stay--its-not-his-fault-20150420-1morwa.html

Yeah that was a fairly balanced article. I find he generally writes fairly balanced articles.

He makes a fairly good point about DCE, his communication in the media has not given any definitive answers. There are too many unanswered questions.

Its possible though this drama has shut the door on speculation as DCE might just stick with his decision due to the media pressure.

Mavin

Bencher
We are being selective because at the moment no 1 wants 2 sign with us and I don't blame them.

Last 2 seasons we have lost Stewart,Watmough,Foran and DCE we are on the bottom of the table the owner isn't sure he wants 2 keep the coach so not many selling points at the moment.

weev

Bencher
He won't be the first player and certainly while this rule is in place the last to backflip.
Most of the time these backflips have occurred, it happened with the said player or original club saying , the player has changed his mind and staying where he is.
Unfortunately for DCE and Manly some big mouth so and so ???? Zorba has leaked this potential backflip to the media before it could be finalised . This now puts all this pressure on DCE by the media to honour his contract with The Titans . He is however, perfectly within his rights to change his mind as many others have in the past.

Did Zorba leak it? Someone did and did it for their own purposes. If it was kept secret it would have a better chance of happening.

But as Kelly and DCE were having meetings at TV stations it wasn't that secret.

Prez

Reserve Grader
C'mon DCE it's not that hard! We'll practice together :thumbsup:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    323.4 KB · Views: 7

SeaEagle21

Bencher
Premium Member
Even though he called Frizelle, it was before the Bulldogs clash. That article doesn't add anything other than more media pressure to attack DCE's integrity and reputation. I think the only person to blame here is our club's management pure and simple. DCE had his offer pulled and therefore signed with the Titans which he can do. Our management wanted Foran but should have had him signed up before pulling out of DCE talks. Now it makes our club look really stupid and desperate and reflects how bad the management is atm.

If i was DCE i wouldn't bother with our club as they have shown their cards that they didn't want him. Would love for him to stay and he did parade around at other clubs which was a bit mis-guided but If they have gone back to the negotiating table it shows they haven't got a clue and are probably going to have to stump up as much cash as the Titans to even have a chance. Instead of offering originally close to what he wanted we will probably be paying more now that Orr knows we are desperate...

The only reason DCE will stay, is if FOX tell him its Sydney or obscurity.

His problem is planning a future in the media from the GC is near impossible. So his choice is GC $'s now, media later (if he holds his star charm and brand) or Sydney club & media now.

Either way, the Biro biatches & Fat Turd really ****ed this up, and they don't deserve anything less than to watch him walk.

To think of the thread announcing Biro biatch buying out Quantum exists still (and that I was a happy part of it) just makes me pissed off.

Welcome to the cellar Penn; you thoroughly deserve it.

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
Well if you believe what Joe Kelly said in the Q & A, they didn't kill DCE's deal, they pulled it with a view to re-tabling something once the season was a few weeks old. They were getting dicked around by him and Orr so it's a fair move and justifiable.

I personally don't think he is cut out for a media career if what he's shown thus far is anything to go by. Very rehearsed, doesn't offer up much insight beyond cliches, no sense of humour on camera. He's dime a dozen. He really needs to relax and be a bit more off the cuff.

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
From SMH today - Andrew Webster. He says the whole thing is enough to give you an ice cream headache and he's not far off with that...

Orr certainly left the door ajar when I contacted him on Monday, claiming his client's "preference" was to sign with the Titans. "There's no change to the situation, at this stage," Orr said. "Daly's preference is to head to the Titans."

Then he said this in relation to Manly and Kelly, who had withdrawn the offer to the halfback at a critical stage of negotiations last month: "Daly didn't take the offer off the table. If there is any change, it is in the hands of Manly."

• 👍
Reactions: Rex

Mavin

Bencher
Well if someone withdraw my offer I would say they don't want me especially after Foz signed Kelly was in the media saying he will be doing everything 2 change his mind not the same for DCE.

As has been reported Kelly and Penn made Foz the priority and now they are left with egg on there faces.

Everybody knows a rebuild or even attracting players that are of any quality is easier with 1 quality half.

Now we have a pop gun forward pack 2 centres that are on the way out (age wise) and both halves leaving not to mention a coach who may be sacked.

We are in over pay for rubbish territory at the moment with a good half (over paid) you can attract other quality at a lower price.

SeaEagle21

Bencher
Premium Member
G'day all'Given some of the nongs and dribbleheads such as Fittler and Gasnier for example that currently have media jobs he would appear to be far to eloquent for that sort of career path?
cheers mike

Good point Mike, Gasnier, Hindmarsh etc are hopeless and offer nothing other than bias towards the clubs they used to play for. If they can make it to the media anyone can. However if that's the standard they are looking for then DCE better dumb it down...alot!!

Sideline Eye

Reserve Grader
I'd say the only prize we will achieve is a thread longer than those in the past. I would put this to bed until something concrete comes from this. There is too much speculation and innuendo. People are spending far too much time trying to read between the lines and contorting words to make them feel comfortable in the hope DCE will stay.
Whilst I certainly hope DCE stays, until (and if) its official I will assume he is gone and certainly hope the club makes some announcements on player signings soon, in particular our juniors.
To throw a spanner into the works, what's to say Manly does sign Myles and the Tits attempt to keep him at the GC so as not to loose DCE? He too has until round 13 to reneg on his handshake agreement.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Well if you believe what Joe Kelly said in the Q & A, they didn't kill DCE's deal, they pulled it with a view to re-tabling something once the season was a few weeks old. They were getting dicked around by him and Orr so it's a fair move and justifiable.

He said that they had a deadline, heard nothing 2 days after the deadline (which I think is quite rude) so then took the offer off the table for the time being.

So I agree with what you're saying.

Some media (and posters) start referring to kelly pulling the offer like dce was poised with pen in hand and that dce was totally surprised by this move.

However, Kelly,(and neither orr or dce dispute this) said, we gave them a deadline, they didn't respond....we gave them 48 hours past the deadline....still heard nothing.

I typed this before but if true, I just don't wont the myth of kelly pulling the offer to become fact.

Totally agree @globaleagle

The problem is, in their rush to find someone to blame people don't take the time to really think about how these events transpired. I am not in the Kelly is useless camp, nor am I "pro" Kelly, but I believe he inherited a dud hand which gave him limited power. I also believe pulling the offer was correct - I imagine if he didn't people would still find something to carry on about

Mavin

Bencher
He said that they had a deadline, heard nothing 2 days after the deadline (which I think is quite rude) so then took the offer off the table for the time being.

So I agree with what you're saying.

Some media (and posters) start referring to kelly pulling the offer like dce was poised with pen in hand and that dce was totally surprised by this move.

However, Kelly,(and neither orr or dce dispute this) said, we gave them a deadline, they didn't respond....we gave them 48 hours past the deadline....still heard nothing.

I typed this before but if true, I just don't wont the myth of kelly pulling the offer to become fact.

Joe did say there was a deadline and if true it was poor form 2 at least not get back 2 them.

But Toovey is on record as saying no deadline existed so someone is lying.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
The pulling of the offer as opposed to calling and saying 'what's doing, why don't we have an answer?' seems contrary to negotiations @:cool:

Chez is gone firstly due to being ousted by the disgruntleds. Then JK focusing on Foran and publically stating that Manly will continue with trying to change Foran's and only Foran's decision. :banghead:

Manly and Manly Fans can only put our energies into rebuilding. @:cool:

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
In hindsight I think both halves had no investment in the club. Foran because of the whole Glenn situation and Cherry Evans because he was bullied by the Watmough faction. Probably best that they both go and take their baggage with them. Give the young kids a chance to buy into the Manly culture as sold to them by Tooves, Bozo, Beaver, and Cliffy. And us in the crowd!

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
12 9 3 83 22
13 10 3 80 22
13 9 4 110 20
12 7 5 64 18
12 7 5 -37 18
13 7 6 133 16
13 7 6 81 16
13 7 6 47 16
13 7 6 -34 16
13 6 6 27 15