• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Cronk was in the paper yesterday saying the same thing. The cheats should be the last ones handing out contract advise.

Of course this has nothing to do either with the Manly & Storm rivalry which has been a salivating content for some years now.

I doubt if Slater or Smith signed with another club you would hear Lyon or Stewart weighing in or saying anything about it. They have class.

Of perhaps The Storm and the Titans have a lot more in common than we know.

Yeah I cannot believe all this poor titans bullsh$t.

They screwed and completely embarrassed the nrl with salary cap rorts, drug sagas and the management sent the place bankrupt. How is that giving back to the game.

Manly have internal political issues however are profitable and successful and give the NRL all these rivalries that help promote the game as well as many years of success and loyalty. Remember manly spent a fortune fighting the super league war.

Manly have never been over the cap or been fined for poor conduct however seem to get absolutely blasted by every one in the game constantly.

DCE wasn't wanted by any other club FFS. Manly developed him and made him what he is. If he decides to change his mind well he has every right to. The Gold Coast have done nothing but the thrown massive coin at him that they don't even have.

It's absolutely outrageous all of this anti manly sentiment and anti dce sentiment for maybe having second thoughts.

I have heard a lot said about the "backflip" in the media lately and NRL are apparently contemplating changes to the rule, but I am concerned from what I have heard, that they are missing the REAL issue. The problem is not the backflip itself, it's the fact that they are signing this early in the season.
Past and current players and coaches are having their say, and the majority are up in arms over the backflip. Dave Smith says it's bad for the fans to see players backflipping, what's worse is watching a player contracted to another club for next year, running around for a whole season in their former clubs colours. How can I cheer my team on, when integral parts of it, don't even want to be here? That's the issue!!!

You are right @Snake If your team was going to get a player and then he doesn't come nothing has changed.
If you develop a player to Premiership winning halfback level and then he leaves that is very hard on fans and the club. The poor titans business is total rubbish.
From what I can see there are no further reports on DCE so has it been confirmed he is absolutely going to the GC with no chance of staying at Manly?
It frustrates me that Manly is losing a player of such skill but our club doesn't matter it's all about the titans.
Nobody in the Nrl or media reacted to any other player backflipping but mention of the chance for Manly to keep DCE and everyone's up in arms.

You are right @Snake If your team was going to get a player and then he doesn't come nothing has changed.
If you develop a player to Premiership winning halfback level and then he leaves that is very hard on fans and the club. The poor titans business is total rubbish.
From what I can see there are no further reports on DCE so has it been confirmed he is absolutely going to the GC with no chance of staying at Manly?
It frustrates me that Manly is losing a player of such skill but our club doesn't matter it's all about the titans.
Nobody in the Nrl or media reacted to any other player backflipping but mention of the chance for Manly to keep DCE and everyone's up in arms.
Exactly nicci-and right there! Is what is wrong with this modern game. **** Manly they are winners who got an ace player tempted away from them...a big name player. Ahhhh no he was NOTHING before we groomed his career. **** the NRL they are so out of touch with the fans swimming around in their TV rights money. Media prostitutes

Last edited:
I'm sure it's been posted before (maybe by me) but isn't it amazing how player after player can backflip and very little waves are created....

but...

Based on a simple rumour that a manly player might backflip, nrl world is up in arms and the rule gets changed - or at least looked at.

I'm actually a little surprised the nrl didn't rush a rule change in to prevent dce from backflipping.

Seems we all know what it takes to get a rule changed in this game:

If Manly benefits from it....change it.

If it screws over Manly, wait till it does then change it before it hurts any other team.

Hopefully dce stays so we can all send a big thankyou to the nrl.

Last edited:
Dce is a pioneer!
How did management not get together with him and start rumours that he was going to union and force the nrl to help keep him in the game.

I'm sure it's been posted before (maybe by me) but isn't it amazing how player after player can backflip and very little waves are created but...
Based on a simple rumour that a manly player might backflip, nrl world is up in arms and the rule gets changed - or at least looked at.
I thought that but then got an attack of the objectives and realised that this is a bigger deal, primarily because it has far reaching consequences that, if the system continues, could hit us some day down the track.
In this case, if Cherry comes to his senses and stays, Canberra may or may not have Seizer for next season so they may or may not be scrambling for a half. The Titans would be scrambling for one half, possibly two if Elgey commits elsewhere (hopefully us) before Cherry decides. Nate Myles may commit to another club (hopefully us) because the Titans had no money for him, then they could be looking to replace an international. Aah, but then if Myles changes his mind because Cherry has come to his senses then his former new club now has a hole to fill ... and on it goes.
This is a big one and should be the case that has the NRL fix this situation.

I thought that but then got an attack of the objectives and realised that this is a bigger deal, primarily because it has far reaching consequences that, if the system continues, could hit us some day down the track.

You make some valid points and that's good because.....I don't think I ever post on here to be objective!!!!

Thankfully others, like you, do! :)

All the media outrage over the Titans' uncertainty about whether they have DCE secured - or not secured - is laughable. It totally misses the point:
1. At the time the Titans secured DCE they KNEW they didn't have him secured.
2. The damage to Manly of having this current rostered player already signed with another club far, far outweighs any "damage" to the Titans from their uncertainty.

If the NRL fix the backflip problem, they've got their eyes totally on the wrong problem.

The pulling of the offer as opposed to calling and saying 'what's doing, why don't we have an answer?' seems contrary to negotiations @:cool:

Chez is gone firstly due to being ousted by the disgruntleds. Then JK focusing on Foran and publically stating that Manly will continue with trying to change Foran's and only Foran's decision. :banghead:

Manly and Manly Fans can only put our energies into rebuilding. @:cool:
You lose all power if you create a deadline, give them extra time and then don't follow through. It reminds me of a little kid going "pwease daly tell us what you're doing" (insert sad eyes). No its a negotiation and a business and you have to apply leverage if you think you have it. Its all well and good for everyone to just say they should have done it but there are so many factors. You don't want to financially cripple the clubs roster and you don't want to pay overs.

I think they knew daly wanted to stay and were calling his bluff. He then followed through (lol) and has now freaked out that he shouldn't have done it and responded out of emotion. I personally think he'll sign with us because as others have said reputations are quickly forgotten. The one that people forget: Cronk was the only one to have guarantees that his money was within the cap. Smith is a scumbag cheat but hes the aus captain and apparently a saint. Fitler coached one of the ****test seasons ever with an awesome roster yet apparently knows about coaching. Gasnier can't speak English but presents on fox. Dell was done for Coke yet is now a celebrated media identity. League has a short memory. Not enough brain capacity.

Last edited:
Agree reputations are forgotten very quickly. What about Gallen and the stuff he has done over his career. Carney would only need one year of playing good footy and keeping away from trouble and he would be on every league how in the country being interviewed.

What about the dogs and the damage they have done to the game over the years (coffs, sal cap scandals, crowd violence, Ben Barba domestic violence) and they are considered a great organisation and the envy of every other club except souths with their administration.

What about Greenberg FFS.

Dce should not worry about reputations in the slightest. It would be old news in 3 months time. Maybe even in 3 weeks. Maybe even 3 days

Agree reputations are forgotten very quickly. What about Gallen and the stuff he has done over his career. Carney would only need one year of playing good footy and keeping away from trouble and he would be on every league how in the country being interviewed.

What about the dogs and the damage they have done to the game over the years (coffs, sal cap scandals, crowd violence, Ben Barba domestic violence) and they are considered a great organisation and the envy of every other club except souths with their administration.

What about Greenberg FFS.

Dce should not worry about reputations in the slightest. It would be old news in 3 months time. Maybe even in 3 weeks. Maybe even 3 days
if he had a good game prob in 3 hrs

Another rubbish story...........debated on whether to post it or not, but was bored so here it is.....! :banghead:

Oval Office: Daly Cherry-Evans’s family steps up as contract saga drags on
  • Michael Westlake
  • The Courier-Mail
  • April 22, 2015 12:00AM

IT is hard to decide who to believe in this DCE Manly-Gold Coast saga, but we reckon a decent insight might come from the public musings of the young halfback’s family.

Younger brother Dylan has remained largely tight-lipped on the issue, but intriguingly retweeted commentator Andrew Voss who wrote: “There have been players do backflips before but I believe this story will be shown to be a source at Manly putting unfair pressure on DCE.”

However Cherry-Evans’s mother, Kellie Cherry, was far more forthright.

She also retweeted Voss’s comment, plus another of his that read: “I am calling the Daly Cherry-Evans backflip story crap.”

She also wrote a tweet directed to the journalist who broke the story, Channel Nine’s Erin Molan, declaring it “amateur” and suggesting she “find who started the rumour = massive story”.

This columnist has had enough swollen earlobes over the years to know the maxim “mother knows best” is true.

If mum says nothing doing, I believe her.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...ct-saga-drags-on/story-fns99y8z-1227311571869

You lose all power if you create a deadline, give them extra time and then don't follow through. It reminds me of a little kid going "pwease daly tell us what you're doing" (insert sad eyes). No its a negotiation and a business and you have to apply leverage if you think you have it. Its all well and good for everyone to just say they should have done it but there are so many factors. You don't want to financially cripple the clubs roster and you don't want to pay overs.

I think they knew daly wanted to stay and were calling his bluff. He then followed through (lol) and has now freaked out that he shouldn't have done it and responded out of emotion. I personally think he'll sign with us because as others have said reputations are quickly forgotten. The one that people forget: Cronk was the only one to have guarantees that his money was within the cap. Smith is a scumbag cheat but hes the aus captain and apparently a saint. Fitler coached one of the ****test seasons ever with an awesome roster yet apparently knows about coaching. Gasnier can't speak English but presents on fox. Dell was done for Coke yet is now a celebrated media identity. League has a short memory. Not enough brain capacity.
spot on Lurker...
Once you set a deadline in negotiation, You have lost the game if you dont call time!
Assuming that DCE wanted to stay, I would have expected his manager to say something like "kid, I WILL get you more money than Manly is offering now. BUT, you will have to leave to get it" If you want to stay, then set your sights a bit lower."
= Thinks to himself... "hmmm then my commision will be lower - mate, you should leave"

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10