• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Fox sports chasing DCE hard. Explains why Kelly and Orr were at Fox recently. Maybe a TPA to stay?

DCE offside right from the start

So when did Daly Cherry-Evans' relationship with the media turn so bitter?

The problems started early on in his career when DCE refused to do one-on-one interviews, demanding they be all-ins or nothing at all.

Normally only those with 100-plus games and a huge profile can make such demands, but Cherry-Evans was putting these stipulations on from almost the get-go.

At other times he's encouraged players to back out of interviews, pointing out that they'd completed their media commitments for the day/week.

And when DCE does front the media, he tends to give little away and talks in clichés with little interest in providing any real insight or giving much of an effort.

If the No.7 is interested in repairing his relationship with the media, he would be well advised to sit down with the likes of Robbie Farah, Jamie Soward or Benji Marshall.

Those three big names have all had well publicised run-ins with those who report on the game – and came out the other side to build a good working relationship with the media.

Why Fox Sports is so desperate to secure DCE is the greatest mystery of all.

http://www.sportal.com.au/league/nr...-8-the-final-rev-up/leu6kuve6nev1stubzur61wyn

Fox sports chasing DCE hard. Explains why Kelly and Orr were at Fox recently. Maybe a TPA to stay?

The problems started early on in his career when DCE refused to do one-on-one interviews, demanding they be all-ins or nothing at all.

Normally only those with 100-plus games and a huge profile can make such demands, but Cherry-Evans was putting these stipulations on from almost the get-go.

At other times he's encouraged players to back out of interviews, pointing out that they'd completed their media commitments for the day/week.

And when DCE does front the media, he tends to give little away and talks in clichés with little interest in providing any real insight or giving much of an effort.

If the No.7 is interested in repairing his relationship with the media, he would be well advised to sit down with the likes of Robbie Farah, Jamie Soward or Benji Marshall.

Those three big names have all had well publicised run-ins with those who report on the game – and came out the other side to build a good working relationship with the media.

http://www.sportal.com.au/league/nr...-8-the-final-rev-up/leu6kuve6nev1stubzur61wyn
It's common sense they're keen to secure him because compared to anasta and gasnier he has way more promise. they can put the training into him and get him in their pocket early. He's confident when he speaks which is half the battle now they just need to teach him what to say. Gasnier is a joke. I will admit anasta is getting better.

We are still holding out hope.

The reason Fox wants him is that he is intelligent and articulate, unlike most of the dribblers who were good footballers but can't string two thoughts and one sentence together.

Another rubbish story...........debated on whether to post it or not, but was bored so here it is.....! :banghead:

Oval Office: Daly Cherry-Evans’s family steps up as contract saga drags on
  • Michael Westlake
  • The Courier-Mail
  • April 22, 2015 12:00AM

IT is hard to decide who to believe in this DCE Manly-Gold Coast saga, but we reckon a decent insight might come from the public musings of the young halfback’s family.

Younger brother Dylan has remained largely tight-lipped on the issue, but intriguingly retweeted commentator Andrew Voss who wrote: “There have been players do backflips before but I believe this story will be shown to be a source at Manly putting unfair pressure on DCE.”

However Cherry-Evans’s mother, Kellie Cherry, was far more forthright.

She also retweeted Voss’s comment, plus another of his that read: “I am calling the Daly Cherry-Evans backflip story crap.”

She also wrote a tweet directed to the journalist who broke the story, Channel Nine’s Erin Molan, declaring it “amateur” and suggesting she “find who started the rumour = massive story”.

This columnist has had enough swollen earlobes over the years to know the maxim “mother knows best” is true.

If mum says nothing doing, I believe her.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...ct-saga-drags-on/story-fns99y8z-1227311571869

I wouldn't trust him mother. Based on some of her tweets I wouldn't blame the guy trying to backflip to stay away.

I missed this little bit of info. Seems plausible, and fits with his new nickname;

Dollar Cheque Earnings...show him the money baby

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/moles-monday-scoops-38/

I immensely dislike the "poor Titans" quote!

Also, I'm starting to feel like signing with the Titans was a brilliant, albeit under handed, power play by Orr. Manly place a deadline on him to try and gain leverage, he subsequently signs a big money contract with a desperate Titans to place a deadline back on Manly gaining significant leverage by demonstrating his value to other teams. Orr is the worst kind of person and represents everything that is wrong in professional sport, but you have to give credit where it's due. He has put his client in the best position to earn the maximum amount of money, aka his job.

Doesn't mean I agree with his methods though!!

Form reading the lurker and looking on the bright side dce will stay and get a fox sports TPA. and both myles and Elgey will join the eagles.

I reckon about 5 percent chance of this happeningthis happening

I'd just say to him, here is 1.1 mill cash. That is more attractive than 1.2 mill made up of 3rd party deals that could fall over.

I reckon he would take that and we'd be competitive for years to come.

In my book, he is a must for our future.

Is there anyone worse than Greg Inglis? Maybe Bryce Gibbs.

LOL. I can't even understand Inglis. He mumbles in some foreign language.

I must admit though that DCE isn't very candid in interviews, definitely a cliche churner. He is at least able to form a coherent sentence, so he has the basics. I'd just like to see a bit of personality come through when he does interviews, it's all very boring line and length replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12