• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Field goals.jpg

Geez he was good yesterday. Having a good number 6 to take the pressure off him has done the world of good. I think we may almost now have the fast halves pairing in the comp!

Does anyone realize that provided he stays healthy ... in 3 weeks at Brookvale against Penrith, Daly Cherry-Evans will play his 310th first grade game for the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles to become the most capped player in club history??

On that day he should pass the current record of 309 held by the great Cliffy Lyons since 1999.

Damn! he might even get close to Beaver's 349 games for the Sea (Northern) Eagles.

307 games + 22 remaining club games in 24, may miss one or two over the origin period, let’s say 327 games by seasons end, baring injury, suspension or other which going of his history seems at odds.

2025 let’s say he pulls the pin on rep duties and plays a full season, there’s another 24 possible games 327 + 24 = 351 games, thats not counting any finals, which hopefully adds another 6, yes.

It’s well set for him to break the overall club record even if Beavers record was in tact. Let’s get carried away and say, throw in back to back premierships from inside the top 4 and round it up to a neat 357, I like the sound of it, it’s a good career which ever way you look at it.

I've watched every Manly halfback since the early 60's and there have been some excitement machines: Phil Blake, Johnny Gibbs, Rick Chisholm, Paul Shaw, Gary Stephens, Dennis Ward, Matt Orford, Craig Field, Kevin Junee, Steve Martin, Mike Eden ... some great competitors: Geoff Toovey, Des Hasler, Johnny Mayes, Alan Thompson . . .
but DCE has to be our best overall due to his longevity, leadership and all-round ability, which includes kicking 27 field goals, most of which won us matches at clutch moments. I continue to admire his competitiveness and ability to absorb punishment without missing matches.
I hope those who occasionally knock DCE will come to realise just how great he is.

I've watched every Manly halfback since the early 60's and there have been some excitement machines: Phil Blake, Johnny Gibbs, Rick Chisholm, Paul Shaw, Gary Stephens, Dennis Ward, Matt Orford, Craig Field, Kevin Junee, Steve Martin, Mike Eden ... some great competitors: Geoff Toovey, Des Hasler, Johnny Mayes, Alan Thompson . . .
but DCE has to be our best overall due to his longevity, leadership and all-round ability, which includes kicking 27 field goals, most of which won us matches at clutch moments. I continue to admire his competitiveness and ability to absorb punishment without missing matches.
I hope those who occasionally knock DCE will come to realise just how great he is.

I think I mentioned last year that he might just be our best ever 7.

Yes, accept it and enjoy him while he is still around.

A club all-time-great

Eric Sims has the most FGs ever with 86, who is 2nd all time?
Bob Fulton 58
Yep, but they were worth 2pts when tries were 3pts so why wouldn't you have shots?

I just looked it up, Simms kicked something like 68 field goals in three seasons, no wonder they changed them to 1 point!

Not to mention giving the opposition a seven tackle set if you miss now.

Last edited:
I’ve said it in previous years, but we will not win another premiership while DCE is there.
I know we got rorted by the officials today, but his leadership was sorely lacking when required. Too many times he takes the wrong option at crucial times, and our defence on his side of the field is abysmal.
What happened to setting up Haumole today? He wasn’t even sighted in attack, and we resorted to hitting it up one out for most of the second half.
Also questioning Seibold’s coaching and selections if he thinks Paulo is a first grade winger.

My only issue with DCE at this point so far is that he is meant to be the composed one out there, yet today and against souths where we've been starved without the ball for 10-15 mins, then we make a break and finally get into good field position where we can apply some pressure, he kicks the ball away into opposing players with a brain snap on tackle one or two.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8