• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Honestly is anyone that surprised? Seriously?
D$E wants D$E gets.
House by myself please-sure no problems
New contract please on the same value- sure no problems, cause obviously you’ve been great value.

The guys poison.
He asked nad was given it

He asks for a contract and is given it

The failure is in how he has been managed since before his backflip till now. THe club keeps creating the structures that allow this to be a mess

408C608B-1C13-4DB7-8486-CE58A2CCDAB3.jpeg

Phew

If Buzz is reporting it then at least we know it is not true
Hopefully he is a bit on the money.

DCE leaving, irrespective of how good he can be 'on his day', just seems sensible. We've had similar problems over the years and plenty of publically-available evidence points to DCE [also the common denominator]. Even if he doesn't leave he seriously is not an smart choice for captain anymore. It would be pretty dire if his new contract wasn't on a significantly reduced salary but I don't trust it.

Been saying it for a few years now. This guy is poison to team harmony. The most polarising , self absorbed footballer I've ever seen and the idiots running the asylum have let this madness spread right through the whole club.

If he , as reported , has been able to extend his 1.2 million a year contract for 3 more years then no wonder there’s unrest in the camp.

At this stage of his career he’s worth no more than $800k.

If the Dolphins want him for 1.2 million let him go.

It would be very tough for us without a half back but we would have a lot of extra cap space to entice one over for 2024.

G'day all,I thought there was certain rules about the players and the covid bubble.Surely the house arrangement would of breached those rules so how was he allowed to play,or have I got it wrong.
cheers mike

If he , as reported , has been able to extend his 1.2 million a year contract for 3 more years then no wonder there’s unrest in the camp.

At this stage of his career he’s worth no more than $800k.

If the Dolphins want him for 1.2 million let him go.

It would be very tough for us without a half back but we would have a lot of extra cap space to entice one over for 2024.
No way any club pays full freight if he went

We would carry a % of him for all the years he is contracted - that is what makes him appealing if he does go.

Again if it were people in the club trying to get rid of him it is the wrong way by saying he is a devise character. Who wants to bring that to the club?

G'day all,I thought there was certain rules about the players and the covid bubble.Surely the house arrangement would of breached those rules so how was he allowed to play,or have I got it wrong.
cheers mike
As long as he and his family don't leave the house, he is not in violation

No way any club pays full freight if he went

We would carry a % of him for all the years he is contracted - that is what makes him appealing if he does go.

Again if it were people in the club trying to get rid of him it is the wrong way by saying he is a devise character. Who wants to bring that to the club?
Yep we’d be stuck with a fair chunk of it.

“He’s on $1.2 million until the end of the 2025 season, now is that good value?” Rothfield questioned.

Can't be right.....that cannot be right?

I mean, I'm not one to be hammering DCE for signing a ridiculous 10 year deal that was offered to him...especially considering he'd agreed to terms to 850 odd or whatever it was with the Quantium side before the whole debacle.

But heads must roll at the club if the 2 year extension was on the same money.

Surely it had to roll back to say, 800k.

I can't believe that.....for my own sanity
These are only Rothfields rantings, he would have no idea of what his extension is

In light of what happened to one Paul Green not so long ago, I think this witchhunt being conducted by the media on DCE needs to stop.

I read what Hadley said, & he said (paraphrase) "Once the government eased restrictions DCE was allowed to live in a house away from the compound all of the NRL players had been living in prior to restrictions being eased".

Notice Hadley didn't mention if any of the other players requested to also be allowed to live in a house with their families?

Now, if other players did request to be allowed to move into a house with their families & were refused, then yes, DCE has been shown favouritism.

But maybe DCE moved into his own house (you know, the one that we all heard about him buying on the GC before he backflipped to stay with Manly)?

Perhaps, with the majority of the team being a bunch of younger blokes, they were all quite happy living in the resort they were all being put up in & stayed of their own choice/didn't request to move into a house that they would have had to pay for?

Last edited:

Hadley criticised coach Des Hasler’s preferential treatment of Cherry-Evans after reporting the Maroons captain wasn’t subjected to the same bubble conditions as his teammates during the 2021 season.

It was reported that the 33-year-old was allowed to live away from the standard accommodation in a house with his family, which caused frustration amongst the playing group.

“We all know that last year, first of all the players went into a bubble and a number of clubs went into Twin Waters in the Sunshine Coast,” Hadley revealed on 2GB.

“I think Penrith were among the clubs that went there, Manly certainly went there, Newcastle went there and maybe the Roosters were there at a time as well.

“Manly were there as well, they went there, when restrictions were eased the families were exported from New South Wales to spend time with the players and be housed in I guess a location where fathers had access to children and their wives, partners and things like that.

“On the Sunshine Coast Manly there with other New South Wales based teams there was apparently special dispensation given to the skipper Daly Cherry-Evans to live away from the bubble in a house.

Completely legal but that didn’t go down too well with other players, whose wives and family were living in close vicinity to where they were.

“You had the coach allowing the captain to be special and live in a house away from the rest of the players and that created a divide and I’ve confirmed that with a number of players.

“They tell me that it created a divide and that divide was well before the rainbow jumper round, well before it.

“To try and trace it back to happening around the rainbow jumper round is ridiculous, it happened when Des Hasler decided as the coach to allow the captain to live elsewhere and some of the players were upset about it and continue to be upset about it.

I know neither of them but from their public personas I can't imagine Mr Mestrov would have much time for DCE. One seems very genuine and to the point, the other, not so much.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8