• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It was all rosy for choc until he had to play. If he told the truth I reckon he would be regretting spitting the dummy sure he has the new contact but he doesn't seem to be enjoying his football.

He just looks like a busted old footballer with a botox face.

Who plays in the halves for our 20s and NSW cup? Can they be developed into decent players? Also what about Gutherson in the halves?

I've g
He wont see another 3.5 years out imo
No chance mate .look at him now and how bad he is .I can't believe that he has 3 more after this year wow. They will get rid of him before end of 16 for sure. Poor Parra.

Exactly Jen a team can be a champion team but it doesn't mean they are a team of champions. Look at the Storm they constantly bring in scraps and make them look a lot better then they were. We had perfect foils all over our great side they complimented each other beautifully.
Hopefully DCE can see that, look at other players, Toni Williams, hoppa just to name a couple. Money might be higher but the grass isn't always greener.

My personal opinion is he wants to stay and never really wanted to go but there is no way the NRL will let him renege. They want the Gold Coast to survive and if DCE was allowed to backflip it would be disatourous for them having lost Sezer already. Any losses in media obligations etc. that his manager is using as the excuse to renege will be given to him through paper bags.
Ultimately the decision is up to DCE not the Nrl. It seems like he's made up his mind I think you're right about the Nrl making sure it happens.
Seem really corrupt to me.
It would be a very gutsy decision for Cherry to stay at Manly as he'll be slaughtered by the media if he does.
He could always play the family card. Everybody else does. It would be nice if this was the ace to keep Cherry.

My understanding is that DCE has signed a contract with the Gold Coast and the round 13 scenario is that the NRL just doesn't have to register it with them till round 13. Not that it isn't a legally binding document till then, and you can just walk away. For a player to renege like Tedesco or Papalli did, they still needed a legally mutual agreement from the club to be released from the contracts they signed. If this was the case it could get very ugly and turn into a Tallis situation where DCE sits on the pine for the first 2 years then he could activate his player option for the last 2 years and be free at Brookvale..
Wrong

My understanding is that DCE has signed a contract with the Gold Coast and the round 13 scenario is that the NRL just doesn't have to register it with them till round 13. Not that it isn't a legally binding document till then, and you can just walk away. For a player to renege like Tedesco or Papalli did, they still needed a legally mutual agreement from the club to be released from the contracts they signed. If this was the case it could get very ugly and turn into a Tallis situation where DCE sits on the pine for the first 2 years then he could activate his player option for the last 2 years and be free at Brookvale..

Not true at all. The titans have no contract that's why they were panicked.

The titans (the nrl) have a heads of agreement with Orr and DCE that only comes into effect when or if the nrl players contract is signed and registered .

Tallis still had a year left on his contract that's why he couldn't play.

Last edited:
The truth is the rule is a joke. DCE wants to stay but the media have backed him into a corner and he feels like he can't back flip.

The media is a disgrace this rule has been abused for years yet no 1 said anything no 1 cared but because it involves Manly and DCE it's a rort and we have to change the rule.

So true poor guy has his integrity attacked. Papalli, Tedesco and the like get a sympathy pass, isn't it great he wants to stay with his family rah, rah, rah.

This year a couple of weeks before the "rumoured" DCE back flip and all the talk about integrity the Mata'utia brothers reneged on a deal with the bulldogs yet most people didn't know or even care less.

No 1 questioned the integrity of them or even said we need to change the rule.

The truth is the rule is a joke. DCE wants to stay but the media have backed him into a corner and he feels like he can't back flip.

The media is a disgrace this rule has been abused for years yet no 1 said anything no 1 cared but because it involves Manly and DCE it's a rort and we have to change the rule.
DCE doesn't want to stay!

Joker Mind Loss.jpg

It is obvious what motivates DCE and good luck to him, he now has a chance to make all the coin he wants to. Our club indeed made mistakes in trying to retain him and the damage is done. It is now important that the club learns the lessons and keeps quiet in relation to deals as negotiations are sensitive and privacy needs to be paramount. The truly disappointing thing about this is the day to day leaks from the club and his management, for me that is what destroyed any chance we had of him staying.

I want to move on and enjoy what is left of his time with us. We have to move on!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8