• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Thats right. Brian was called glass arms as he could not fight. Brain Adams, Zorba, David Costello all shared a flat in ship mates at Collaroy beach. It was there that Zorba met his now wife and sister to Pick Penn. I still see Brian around and as for Costello he is still a grub doing Zorbas bidding.
Was Penns sister a stewardess at Flight Deck?

• Clever
Reactions: Rex

Ah Yallop.....how fondly South Aussie cricket fans like myself remember him as the Victorian captain. His delaying the Vics declaration in a 1982/83 Sheffield Shield game at the Adelaide Oval caused this from our own captain who got angry and promoted himself to opening bat :D

Hooksey's 100 came from 34 balls in just 43 minutes. Sit back and enjoy :)

Ah Yallop.....how fondly South Aussie cricket fans like myself remember him as the Victorian captain. His delaying the Vics declaration in a 1982/83 Sheffield Shield game at the Adelaide Oval caused this from our own captain who got angry and promoted himself to opening bat :D

Some great batting in that but, some pretty ordinary bowling too. Plenty of half volleys on leg stump in that package.

Thanks for sharing that video HoldenV8. What a magnificent batsman Hooksey was. One of the real tragedies of the hit from behind merchants.

To change the ip all you gotta do is use a different device or reset the modem

Yes, I am fully aware of that but are you aware that by doing that, you will only be given a new IP address within that ISP's range of IP addresses. Each ISP is given a range of IP addresses each and both lovefooty and the user [Mavin/Desert Boot Kid/Lil_Wayne] belong to different ISPs so even if they did reboot their modems and get a new IP address, they will not get to share the same IP address.

Thanks for sharing that video HoldenV8. What a magnificent batsman Hooksey was. One of the real tragedies of the hit from behind merchants.

I spent a lot of Sunday's during summer growing up watching Hookesy and Darren Lehmann plunder interstate attacks at the Adelaide Oval. I also remember that with crowd numbers down for Sheffield Shield games due to the rise of the old Benson & Hedges World Series Cup and its affect on crowd numbers at state games (which were never great anyway) due to people staying home to watch the one dayers on TV, the SACA introduced 'Dollar Days' on the Sunday of Shield games to get more people through the gates. Kids under 15 got free entry and all those 16 and over (other than members) got in for just $1. It worked, Shield crowds in the late 80's and early 90's in Adelaide, especially on those Dollar Days, went from struggling to attract 1,000 fans (with often a lot less than that) to getting around 5-10,000.

Did they ever do anything like Dollar Days at the SCG for Shield games?

Yes, I am fully aware of that but are you aware that by doing that, you will only be given a new IP address within that ISP's range of IP addresses. Each ISP is given a range of IP addresses each and both lovefooty and the user [Mavin/Desert Boot Kid/Lil_Wayne] belong to different ISPs so even if they did reboot their modems and get a new IP address, they will not get to share the same IP address.
I didn't know that first part but if someone like me did that showing a telstra isp then done a reset you'd have no hope with guesstimating being such a massive provider

Now if it was a higgledy piggledy iinet or ozemail you'd know it was them fo shizzle

I didn't know that first part but if someone like me did that showing a telstra isp then done a reset you'd have no hope with guesstimating being such a massive provider

Now if it was a higgledy piggledy iinet or ozemail you'd know it was them fo shizzle

Most broadband providers in Oz run on static IP. You keep the same IP forever. If you find the IP address you can do DNS lookup (who is) & find where they are within a couple of K's.

Last edited:
I spent a lot of Sunday's during summer growing up watching Hookesy and Darren Lehmann plunder interstate attacks at the Adelaide Oval. I also remember that with crowd numbers down for Sheffield Shield games due to the rise of the old Benson & Hedges World Series Cup and its affect on crowd numbers at state games (which were never great anyway) due to people staying home to watch the one dayers on TV, the SACA introduced 'Dollar Days' on the Sunday of Shield games to get more people through the gates. Kids under 15 got free entry and all those 16 and over (other than members) got in for just $1. It worked, Shield crowds in the late 80's and early 90's in Adelaide, especially on those Dollar Days, went from struggling to attract 1,000 fans (with often a lot less than that) to getting around 5-10,000.

Did they ever do anything like Dollar Days at the SCG for Shield games?
Please don't embarrass us, no, not at the SCG

Considering iinet (previously 4th alrgest isp in aus who aquired ozemail already) merged with tpg (the 2nd largest), I would say you know nothing of the telecoms industry at all, combined they are equal or slightly smaller than Telstra and their biggest rival is daylight then optus (who are struggling).

Even a tiny ISP would have thousands of IP addresses under their control so the likely hood of 2 people sharing the same IP on silvertials is quite low (disregarding someone sharing the same proxy server).

If anyone wanted 2 accounts it would be fairly easy to proxy their IP addresses if they wanted to. hell they could even VPN tunnel it not hard.

Considering iinet (previously 4th alrgest isp in aus who aquired ozemail already) merged with tpg (the 2nd largest), I would say you know nothing of the telecoms industry at all, combined they are equal or slightly smaller than Telstra and their biggest rival is daylight then optus (who are struggling).

Even a tiny ISP would have thousands of IP addresses under their control so the likely hood of 2 people sharing the same IP on silvertials is quite low (disregarding someone sharing the same proxy server).

If anyone wanted 2 accounts it would be fairly easy to proxy their IP addresses if they wanted to. hell they could even VPN tunnel it not hard.
I think when he described them as "higgeldy piggeldy" he was in way over his head..I can't talk I'm still wondering where this VPN tunnel is...we got lots in Qld!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8