The dream first week of finals

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Imo Sam Verrills must be suspended for the next game - his hit was plush as it comes - just a straight up shoulder to the face. Of course he can still play if they fight their case.....so of course given its the rooters, I expect he will get off and be playing :(
Sio Siua Taukeiaho also is doubt. Victor wont be 100% either but will play.

I just want to see manly steam onto it again in the forwards and make some in roads like we use to be play. Play that tough side like we did against parra when we first met. Sipley has to come in and we have to go with 2 prop interchanges first up and use the bench better

Matches this week have been won in the forwards and commitment in defense.

The draw for the finals is looking idyllic for us if we can make the GF. Two Friday night fixtures, which means we get the turnaround advantage against the Roosters next week and, if we can beat Souths, get an extra day before the GF.

Meanwhile Melbourne and Penrith (assuming they beat the Eels) play on Sat night and with any luck will beat the ever loving s**t out of each other!

We just need to win!

I'd agree with you if we'd had a narrow loss against Melbourne and competed. We could say that the draw has opened up and we're building but the fact we got blown off the park like we did...it's season over whether we win against the Chooks or not.

Every other finals match this week had teams battling to go through. They looked like finals matches.

We looked like a bunch of park footballers just playing for the pissup after the game at the club.

Poorly coached and poorly lead. If this continues we won’t and don’t deserve to progress.

over to you Mr. Hasler.

Every other finals match this week had teams battling to go through. They looked like finals matches.

We looked like a bunch of park footballers just playing for the pissup after the game at the club.

Poorly coached and poorly lead. If this continues we won’t and don’t deserve to progress.

over to you Mr. Hasler.
Yeah, we were awful. But Melbourne were so far ahead of every other team that played this weekend it wasn't funny. They may have made us look worse than we actually were.

Still, we have to get much, much better if we want to compete from here on in.

over to you Mr. Hasler.
Perhaps they were meeting their true mentor and reason behind their year, TBaz at the bar after the game for some undue pushups?

Yeah, we were awful. But Melbourne were so far ahead of every other team that played this weekend it wasn't funny. They may have made us look worse than we actually were.

Still, we have to get much, much better if we want to compete from here on in.
Eels……

I'd agree with you if we'd had a narrow loss against Melbourne and competed. We could say that the draw has opened up and we're building but the fact we got blown off the park like we did...it's season over whether we win against the Chooks or not.
The best we can do ( for experience) is win next week and get another game.

Good long term experience for them.

There’s a big difference between losing to a better side and not having a proper dig.

when your wingers show more heart than the combined rest of the team there’s something amiss..

Sorry been cranky all weekend. :)
This may not be a popular view given Turbo’s amazing season, but here goes…

Talent: 11/10
Impact: 11/10
Heart: 3/10

This may not be a popular view given Turbo’s amazing season, but here goes…

Talent: 11/10
Impact: 11/10
Heart: 3/10
Basically most of the team was pants. Turbo was just one of them,

I just didn’t think we had any game plan. Just like a Baz game.
I reckon this was a Hasler failure.
unmotivated players without an idea of what they were trying to do.

There’s a big difference between losing to a better side and not having a proper dig.

when your wingers show more heart than the combined rest of the team there’s something amiss..

Sorry been cranky all weekend. :)
That's the big thing I do care if we win on Friday night like you against easts. But what will disappoint me more is if our boys don't turn up and have a dig ..

Leaving everything that they have on the field.

That's what I agree with you has hurt most of us more this weekend most of the team taking no pride in that jersey this week and really not turning up.

If we do get to advance to the preliminary that's what I want to see also just having a major dig.

Basically most of the team was pants. Turbo was just one of them,

I just didn’t think we had any game plan. Just like a Baz game.
I reckon this was a Hasler failure.
unmotivated players without an idea of what they were trying to do.
I completely agree. I didn't mean to make out this was Turbo's fault. My #1 concern was the game plan... not even trying to play tough up the middle was such a serious miscalculation in my view. It's like Des expected the games to be officiated and played the same way they have through the regular season. Dumb.

Nevertheless, as I much as I love Tommy and his good wholesome nature, I would love to see him really show some heart. I wanna see him step up and commit to that move knowing he is likely to get smashed. I'm yet to see it. And this is why I have much more leeway for guys like harper and Parker who play beyond their ability and put their bodies on the line regularly.

That's the big thing I do care if we win on Friday night like you against easts. But what will disappoint me more is if our boys don't turn up and have a dig ..

Leaving everything that they have on the field.

That's what I agree with you has hurt most of us more this weekend most of the team taking no pride in that jersey this week and really not turning up.

If we do get to advance to the preliminary that's what I want to see also just having a major dig.
I think this has been echoed by quite a few in different ways in different threads... it was the apparent capitulation, and unfortunately, magnified by the perceived performance of Tom.

Reminds me of 2014 when Penrith upset the Roosters week 1.

Roosters/Souths ended up on the same side of the draw.

Manly/Canterbury fought it out on the easy side of the draw to see who was lucky enough to come up against Penrith and have the privilege of getting walloped by Souths/Roosters in the GF.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10
10 5 5 -13 10