The dream first week of finals

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Meanwhile on the Northern Beaches, there was a study (maybe) that showed on the Northern Beaches, the amount of doom & gloom ****posting on Silvertails went nuclear after a Manly loss....

....to the form team of the comp who had a record-equaling run of consecutive wins through-out the year, scored the most pts ever scored, had the largest for/against pts differential at the end of the year ever, and scored 40+ pts the most times of any team in any season ever - including most recently against us. The form team who read all week in 'expert' media release how they would be dismantled by a 24 year-old prodigy they would be powerless to stop....

....and that same useless Manly team may as well not show up to the next game, the season is done - even if we beat the Rooters apparently. And regardless it doesn't matter, our young team is done even if we limp home against a team that is one step short of being euthanised anyway. We won't even play our best player who we are letting go to the Dragons, and they will obviously win the comp next year with him. All coz Coach has lost the dressing room, the brotherhood is split and never reforming, our young fellas are too simultaneously gassed, we have no team harmony, no respect for the ball or the opposition or the fans/the coach/Igor, and there are obviously problems between individuals in the team. Our mental game is off, we are just partying up in lockdown, the team doesn't care and the season is pretty much a complete failure anyway.

Now all that's out of the way - Manly by 20+ this week!!
Thanks for getting that off my chest mate, see you all game day.

Fark really??? One loss and things are amiss in the squad??? Gee we looked pretty f$&@en happy a week ago tearing the a$&& out of the Cowboys no? How bout we played like f$&@en s$&@, dropped ball in key moments and were playing the best club to go around in like, well near on history! We’ll be better next week and if we’re not, we’ll to bad season over! And its still a successful year! Bring in Easts as I for one think we are gonna tear em apart!
At last !!... an opinion that resonates with the majority of Sea Eagle supporters.

I don't think it was the one bad game. It was when we had it. Finals footy. This is when you should be standing up & hitting your straps. If you look at all the other teams who played all of them had a go & gave it their all.
I’ve been criticised a few times on here for saying much the same but you are so right.

Every single one of the other teams had a pretty good crack, oh sure the Panthers were beaten but gee not by much , the Roosters / Titans game , boy didn’t both sides out in

And even the Knights , who let’s face it are pretty average , only went down by 8.

But we were absolute and utter ****.

I’d love to win on Friday but if we lose I won’t be too disappointed as long as we have a red hot go!!

If we capitulate again , it will be devastating!!

I don't think it was the one bad game. It was when we had it. Finals footy. This is when you should be standing up & hitting your straps. If you look at all the other teams who played all of them had a go & gave it their all.
Well, we don't have long to wait until this supposed team disharmony rumour gets put to the test.

Basically most of the team was pants. Turbo was just one of them,

I just didn’t think we had any game plan. Just like a Baz game.
I reckon this was a Hasler failure.
unmotivated players without an idea of what they were trying to do.
It certainly looked that way mate

Every other finals match this week had teams battling to go through. They looked like finals matches.

We looked like a bunch of park footballers just playing for the pissup after the game at the club.

Poorly coached and poorly lead. If this continues we won’t and don’t deserve to progress.

over to you Mr. Hasler.
Jerry I thought the other games looked pretty crap. Park football from knights, titans, eels, panthers to varying degrees.

For mine only melbourne and Souths played with intensity.

Jerry I thought the other games looked pretty crap. Park football from knights, titans, eels, panthers to varying degrees.

For mine only melbourne and Souths played with intensity.
I didn’t see that. I watched them all.
I didn’t see any team tank it. Well other than….

looking at various media and reports they all seem to agree The only team that totally capitulated was……..

I’ll leave you to fill in the blanks…

looking at various media and reports they all seem to agree The only team that totally capitulated was……..

Anyway that’s enough of my negativity I’m looking forward to a massive improvement agains the chickens. Go Manly.

Lets look forwards, not backwards. I have zero interest in rumours about team disunity, or further analysis of the last game. We lost. Lets move on and focus on the next game. It's a game we should win. I believe it's a game we will win. Some of the bull**** negativity on this site is unbelievable. We are in the second week of the finals. We are playing a team that we have an excellent chance of defeating. We have come from nowhere at the beginning of the season to get this far. The fat lady won't be appearing this game.
Go Manly. We got this.

I watched them all too, there was a stark difference in the quality of opposition and Intensity as well as how the game was refffed. I doubt we had a good 8m let alone 10.

After watching all games the Storm would have blown anyone they faced off the park last weekend and made them all look ordinary with the exception of Souths
At the same time I felt even with the way we looked against the storm we would have taken care of any other team playing except south's and with Penrith being a close one.

Basically even though the games were tight and intense at times they didn't match the Storm level.

We made dumb mistakes, had a shocker but the Storm made us look worse. After watching all the finals games I still think we would have taken care of business with the exception of Souths possible riff.
We will bounce back against the roosters.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12