The End of the Stewart Bros Era ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Has anyone considered we played a pretty good footy team thats been scoring tries with ease & struggled with an intercept & fumbled kick for their 2 tries against us??
Glen is flat, 60% fit & been thrown in at the deep end since his return, come October everyone will be praising him & without B. Stewart, forget about the 2013 season now.

MK Eagle said:
Has anyone considered we played a pretty good footy team thats been scoring tries with ease & struggled with an intercept & fumbled kick for their 2 tries against us??
Glen is flat, 60% fit & been thrown in at the deep end since his return, come October everyone will be praising him & without B. Stewart, forget about the 2013 season now.

Agree MK, time will tell, and I reckon time will be kind to both stewie boys.

Sometimes people get carried away with emotion and post something that defies footy logic. We here at Silvertails understand that & we take it into account, especially for newer members.

EagleFromMay1967 said:
I want those guys to come back at my bottom like a scorpion.

This sentence above however. Bannable. Very bannable !

Jatz Crackers said:
Sometimes people get carried away with emotion and post something that defies footy logic. We here at Silvertails understand that & we take it into account, especially for newer members.

EagleFromMay1967 said:
I want those guys to come back at my bottom like a scorpion.

This sentence above however. Bannable. Very bannable !

Thanx everyone i feel better now. Got you all talking anyway.;)

There was enough venting on the game day thread last night to last a season.....I had a quick look about an hour after the game and said "enough for me good night"

I think glens problem atm is his body and his mind are at different levels. His mind never had a break and knows what it takes to win footy games. His body, timing and place in the team is a little behind that. He probably just need to run a bit and stop overplaying his hand and it will all fall into place in time. He is still trying to run the show when he just needs to get back to basics .

Run hard , tackle hard and he will be laying on tries in no time

jbb/james said:
I think glens problem atm is his body and his mind are at different levels. His mind never had a break and knows what it takes to win footy games. His body, timing and place in the team is a little behind that. He probably just need to run a bit and stop overplaying his hand and it will all fall into place in time. He is still trying to run the show when he just needs to get back to basics .

This happens as you get older; the mind/ body thing that is, but he is a champion and will figure it out. Or like I said in another thread put on some beef and become a prop!

manlyfan76 said:
jbb/james said:

This happens as you get older; the mind/ body thing that is, but he is a champion and will figure it out. Or like I said in another thread put on some beef and become a prop!

It also happens when your out of practice. Ever had 6 weeks off work and virtually need re training. I can even forget peoples names with an extended lay off, even when i was 20

jbb/james said:
manlyfan76 said:
jbb/james said:

It also happens when your out of practice. Ever had 6 weeks off work and virtually need re training. I can even forget peoples names with an extended lay off, even when i was 20

That's good way to look at it JBB. Personally I'd be on the oxiviva for at least the first two weeks back...:D
I think his lack of fitness and execution stands out like dogs balls atm because of the injury toll in the forwards...I'm just happy he's back.

Glenn has been playing around his current weight and fitness levels for years this is not something new. For too long he has been happy or the coaching staff have wanted/happy with Glenn to just ballplay on the edge not much go forward and rack up a steady 30-40 tackles a game.

He has been a spot defender for years not just to fatigue him so that his attack is blunted but he tends to use his arms a lot and misses tackles when the speed of the game is real quick.

Has a good steady motor in grinding games but gets found out with speed, mind you most forwards do it's just for a backrower you tend to think they can mostly keep up.

panash said:
the games at brookie - souths/roosters we all know our team and what the mighty eagles are capable of and with our line up... 2nd to none

so i guess its frustrating firstly to see our team lose when we didnt really get beaten by the opposing sides..

then we witness dumb plays and errors ( that we laugh at other teams when they do them ) and not scoring points.
especially in front of a great crowd ( well done to those that were there , i thought we were going to get home with the crowd you guys got the team going ).

not using the bench to our advantage and so on...

then us as supporters start pointing the fingers at what went wrong which players did this and that and that ,im sure its not deliberate to upset others but its natural to vent anger/frustration...

all players get older and not as effective , but i wouldnt say thats our problem yet , were only in may we have had a couple bad games , we are well above the talent of other teams position 5 and under , we just dont have the formula right just as yet , one pass to late , one step to early etc...

i have faith in the boys , the only issue is that it needs to be addressed and rectified sooner than later... i guess we will lose to the hungry storm team next week away , but that will bring desire moving forward...

i love been part of passionate supporters on this forum , i live in the shire and i cant find one Manly supporter..

Manly 2013

Hey Panash, I grew up in the shire and have 6 brothers and sisters and 16 neices and nephews that all still live in the shire and we all go for the Mighty Eagles.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Shame on you for starting this, I agree with Susan.....champion players are always that, and these two are absolute champs.

We lose a game and everyone wants to jump off Sydney Heads...fair dinkum, you guys were maybe not around in Northern Eagles days or early Des days THEN you would have had something to complain about.
I remember those awful NE and the rebuilding Manly aftermath, Mark. I remember when winning was a bit of a novelty and when we were being smashed by someone I'd just hope for a try or two and celebrate like crazy when we scored.
We are lucky to have had so much recent success. No need to worry about our Stewies people. They'll be right where we need them at the pointy end.

jbb/james said:
manlyfan76 said:
jbb/james said:

Explains why he was so below par in winning that Churchill Medal a couple of years ago I guess.

R9 2011 we had won 6 lost 3. We had 190 for 139 against for a plus 51. I seem to recall a similar level of despair. Calm the farm people there is a long way to go yet.

MPC75 said:
panash said:
the games at brookie - souths/roosters we all know our team and what the mighty eagles are capable of and with our line up... 2nd to none

so i guess its frustrating firstly to see our team lose when we didnt really get beaten by the opposing sides..

then we witness dumb plays and errors ( that we laugh at other teams when they do them ) and not scoring points.
especially in front of a great crowd ( well done to those that were there , i thought we were going to get home with the crowd you guys got the team going ).

not using the bench to our advantage and so on...

then us as supporters start pointing the fingers at what went wrong which players did this and that and that ,im sure its not deliberate to upset others but its natural to vent anger/frustration...

all players get older and not as effective , but i wouldnt say thats our problem yet , were only in may we have had a couple bad games , we are well above the talent of other teams position 5 and under , we just dont have the formula right just as yet , one pass to late , one step to early etc...

i have faith in the boys , the only issue is that it needs to be addressed and rectified sooner than later... i guess we will lose to the hungry storm team next week away , but that will bring desire moving forward...

i love been part of passionate supporters on this forum , i live in the shire and i cant find one Manly supporter..

Manly 2013

Hey Panash, I grew up in the shire and have 6 brothers and sisters and 16 neices and nephews that all still live in the shire and we all go for the Mighty Eagles.

I'm in Caringbah guys. Moved here about a six weeks ago after 11 years in Randwick. @[Timmy] is in the shire and @[Napper] and @[RL Gronk] are nearby also.

It is still early days, Glenn has only had a couple of games under his belt, not to mention missing the back end of the pre-season. Once he has a few more games and builds up his combination on the right side and fitness he will be fine. Last season Manly had the best right edge attack in the league hands down and Glenn was a big part of that. Teams learnt from last yr that if you shut down the right hand side you stifle Manly's attack. The problem is if the play was spread across the left flank which is just as dangerous it would open up some space for him to work with.

B.Stewart is B.Stewart, doesn't need to justify his place or influence because he is up there with the best in the business. Might have lost a bit of speed but he is still indespensible especially in covering/directing the defence.

Both still have a lot to offer and it's a knee jerk reaction to start questioning their value to our team. We may be in a bit of a rough patch but all teams go through them. No need to panic, this team is built to push on into September and on the bright side we are still towards the pointy end of the table.

Btw hello to my fellow MWSE supporters, first post out of the way :D

I've heard that Glenn is quite jealous of Brett's reptilian moniker, 'Snake'.

Glenn wants to be known as 'Sidewinder' from here on in, and he has the runs on the board to back it up.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8