The fairytale is over

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
That’s ok that’ll be Canberra’s problem.

There almost certain to get towled by the Cows, then they go the Capital and that will be an extremely tough gig, then we get to play them at their house, they most likely will be 0-6. Sounds stupid but that will be a pressure game for us.
We have a couple of big games, next week, then we travel to the land of the long white cloud, the week after it’s Hello Dessie, we could be 2-4, let’s hope not, either way it will be a must win, if we go 2-5 our season will be looking very glum, with Para back home the week after, not worth thinking about, id rather hope for some kind of miracle over the next 2 weeks. There’s no easy games.
The big plus through, the last 2 games we haven't lost anyone to injury. Lodge back hopefully for the Titans game, perfect warm up game for him leading into the bigger games ahead.

When I looked at our draw at the start of the season I thought, I'd be happy for us to be 3 from 6 as long as we were building.
Truthfully, the loss to st merge dented my confidence a bit and although it's not desperation stakes just yet, the next fortnight will probably show us the true character of this team.

Really? We were up 14 nil and lost. Mainly due to errors imo.

Perhaps my expectations are a little higher of our team 🤔

Gotta give credit to their offloads and take into consideration the leg up from the refs and home ground crowd.

I really enjoyed the match. The result not so much.

After the 'Manly Way' video's and the whole Las Vegas extravagander I was optimistic of a Top 8 finish. Up 14-0 versus the Eels I was even thinking "gee we have got a very good team this year". Then the second half capitulation against the Eels, followed by a whole lot of excuses. The performance versus the Dragons was back to where we were last year. Just disappointing and our senior players need to be better.

I’m edging until I see some decent results.

It’s a long season so have to maintain control.

NYEagle
Hannah Tease GIF by HannahWitton

There never was a Fairytale. Anyone who thought there was, was just deluding themselves. This team is a mid-table team at best, and I don't see any prospect of a premiership window anytime soon.

Fact:
1. Tom Turbo is no Brett Stuart, not even close.
2. Jake Turbo is no Glenn Stuart, not even close.
3. DCE hasn't got the foggiest idea of how to manage a game & can't resist "Hail-Mary" plays.
4. Brookes is a proven loser, and nothing has changed.
5. Our hooker isn't a hooker, and we get exposed for that every week.

I mean seriously, do a player-to-player matchup of the 2008 side to this this rabble and it will make you want to cry.

Still, I live in hope each and every week that I will be proven wrong.

we are too inconsistent ot be a top 4 team , when your stars cant play basic football what do u think this does to the rest of the team. they played thier finals footy in the first 2 games,
The new manly way is out and the old manly way is back....cant defend, errors and stupid choices in attack.

Some deep breaths all.

Many got too hyped up after two wins and ever more are spiralling after two losses.

There are 2 points between 1st and 13th. The comp is close and if you dont show up on any given day you will get done.

If you ride the wins and losses this hard than it is going to be an awfully long season.

For mine, I still think we could finish anywhere form 4th to 12th

There never was a Fairytale. Anyone who thought there was, was just deluding themselves. This team is a mid-table team at best, and I don't see any prospect of a premiership window anytime soon.

Fact:
1. Tom Turbo is no Brett Stuart, not even close.
2. Jake Turbo is no Glenn Stuart, not even close.
3. DCE hasn't got the foggiest idea of how to manage a game & can't resist "Hail-Mary" plays.
4. Brookes is a proven loser, and nothing has changed.
5. Our hooker isn't a hooker, and we get exposed for that every week.

I mean seriously, do a player-to-player matchup of the 2008 side to this this rabble and it will make you want to cry.

Still, I live in hope each and every week that I will be proven wrong.
Both the Canberra and Parra coaches were bemoaning how their teams were trying for the "soft win" this week and didn't roll their sleeves up and play tough as required, We know we can certainly add Manly to that list.

These games just happen, and most teams will have weeks where they are not up for the game.

How Manly respond with their performance against Penrith will be telling.

NYEagle

A loss which was in part to some very questionable decisions and another in a place where we have won once in 20 something years.

But I agree lets panic and make mass changes to the team / write the season off

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8