The Fans on the hill....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Triple A said:
Haha thanks Mark, top bloke. Out of curiosity who's the loudest voice you've heard? My moneys on Vidmar?!

Noisy bastard that Vidmar!!

castle eagle said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
Happy to promote this on MWTS Facebook page as well.

And we'd love some more likers as well, need about 60 to get to 1000 (which is quite a goal for us!!)

http://www.facebook.com/mwts40nil

So click on here and like if you are not already a liker of the page
59 now mark,
i don't have a fb account but i signed in as the wife to help you towards 1000

Love your work

bones said:
Shoe1 said:
The league is entering its 115th season and there isn't a significant tradition of singing and chanting all through games. Good luck starting one now. For me each play needs to concentrated on, so it's too intense a game to play singalongs.

106th season.

Cheers! And aaa bugger the players, I need to concentrate!

Shoe1 said:
bones said:
Shoe1 said:
The league is entering its 115th season and there isn't a significant tradition of singing and chanting all through games. Good luck starting one now. For me each play needs to concentrated on, so it's too intense a game to play singalongs.

106th season.

Cheers! And aaa bugger the players, I need to concentrate!

Lol c'mon mate. Bit if crowd noise will do us good!

SeaEagle007 said:
I agree with Pontian Eagle, Why not look at how some of the a-league boys do it, Ive been to both sydney fc (The Cove) and western sydney wanderers (RBB), the atmopshere they create is nothing short of amazing. Gets the supporters goin , and the teams.

It works in England, why dont we set the benchmark in the NRL ... win lose or draw the crowds will still flock in for the atmosphere
SE007 maybe have something in the sense where 2 sections of the hill chant to each other e.g one sings who loves yu manly, & the other sings we luv ya badly.Similar to what the victory fans do in melbourne.

ManlyArmy said:
Triple A said:
Lol I don't understand why anyone would be against this?
I encourage everyone to like that Army Facebook page and to watch this space because whether the people who are against this like it or not, it's happening.

Well said mate, well said!

Send me a PM if you want to share your ideas and I can add them to the plan for the march/inside brookvale oval.

Cameron

Triple A said:
Will do mate! Lets do this!!!

I don't use this forum too often so I don't know how to PM. Add us on Facebook if you can:

Adam Agresta

lol, Strike 1 up for AAA. Cameron tried to get a pm outta him so he could steal his ideas....aaa countered with the 'i dunno how to send one' (even though there's a button) so add me on facebook.

aaa wins!!!!!!!!

(kidding)

And there's a north and south clique at brookie?? Good grief.

Chants:

Whenever the opposition score chant this:

1) Who just got lucky?

2)You did! You did! (whilst pointing at the player)

You're welcome.

globaleagle said:
Chants:

Whenever the opposition score chant this:

1) Who just got lucky?

2)You did! You did! (whislt pointing at the player)

You're welcome.

That's no good g/e

Chants for rare events easily get forgotten

tumblr_m9kr6oPH9a1rvzu9do1_500.gif

Triple A said:
Haha thanks Mark, top bloke. Out of curiosity who's the loudest voice you've heard? My moneys on Vidmar?!

Tie between Vid and the artist formerly known as Cam

Pommie Eagle said:
I think the problem is not necessarily getting people to stand together but the fact that the songs are so ****e! Maaaannnly and, Manly clap clap clap is pretty much the full gamut...... Surely a bit of wit and intellect can generate something a bit more engaging. Failing that we're the right side, we're the right side.....would get the whole hill going I reckon.....

There use to be this one involving Danny Wicks

Give us a pinger Danny Wicks

Mals said:
Perhaps as a starting point the words to the various Manly chants can be posted on here.

http://www.silvertails.net/articles/songs-and-chants

Pommie Eagle said:
I think the problem is not necessarily getting people to stand together but the fact that the songs are so ****e! Maaaannnly and, Manly clap clap clap is pretty much the full gamut...... Surely a bit of wit and intellect can generate something a bit more engaging. Failing that we're the right side, we're the right side.....would get the whole hill going I reckon.....

This, this so bloody much. Thing is, many people have tried & failed. All of the better chants die off after about half a minute because there's only the same 10 or so people that can actually be bothered to sing after the first line.

TBH I really don't have much faith in any NRL team actually being to rope together some decent active support, let alone us. History has shown that most people (even around the beer shed :argue: ) would rather just not get involved.

eagles2win said:
Triple A said:

Pommie Eagle said:

Would you give me a pinger Danny Wicks
Would you give me a pinger
Or slip one to our winger
Give me a pinger Danny Wicks

You're welcome ;)

Wolfpack said:
Pommie Eagle said:

This, this so bloody much. Thing is, many people have tried & failed. All of the better chants die off after about half a minute because there's only the same 10 or so people that can actually be bothered to sing after the first line.

TBH I really don't have much faith in any NRL team actually being to rope together some decent active support, let alone us. History has shown that most people (even around the beer shed :argue: ) would rather just not get involved.

We have been trying extremely hard for the past 5 years to get something going. We even brought in new chants than the boring bull**** Manly chants. As Wolfpack says though, it's extremely difficult to get anyone involved beyond the group of us on the Northern end of the hill.

The dream is for no one to be able to hear my horrible drumming because we are so loud. Unfortunately, its a pipe dream because Manly fans are the most fickle in the NRL and don't like change or new ideas.

Just all sing 'swing low, sweet chariot, and be done with it!!

edit: Every time I look at this thread title...the line

"The fans on the hill go round and round..." pops into my head.

round and round...

round and round...

Jono said:
eagles2win said:
Triple A said:

Pommie Eagle said:

Would you give me a pinger
Or slip one to our winger
Give me a pinger Danny Wicks

You're welcome ;)

Wolfpack said:
Pommie Eagle said:

We have been trying extremely hard for the past 5 years to get something going. We even brought in new chants than the boring bull**** Manly chants. As Wolfpack says though, it's extremely difficult to get anyone involved beyond the group of us on the Northern end of the hill.

The dream is for no one to be able to hear my horrible drumming because we are so loud. Unfortunately, its a pipe dream because Manly fans are the most fickle in the NRL and don't like change or new ideas.

I am NOT fickle...

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4