The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, Ricky Stuart report

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Very harsh on Jennings, Hayne and Bird CF2, but spot on in relation to Ricky Stuart.

I don't think Ricky has the coaching ability to beat Queensland. He doesn't know how to select a team, develop a game plan or use his bench.

Queensland are a very good side but they are not unbeatable. They only have that aura because NSW have not been dishing up rubbish teams with rubbish game plans against them for the last 5 years. It is no surprise that Game 1 this year was no different.

If we want to win we need to appoint - wait for it - DES HASLER as coach. I have been saying that for a few years and the fact that he has left Manly doesn't change my view. I know people will say we need a coach who is dedicated to Origin but if we are honest we all know the only reason Ricky isn't involved in club football is because nobody in the NRL wants him. Is that what we are aiming for? The best available coach who can't get a gig in the NRL?

I have to say this very thread sums up why NSW havent won a series in what is looking like 7 years. No support, just back stabbing. Lets think about this really. Who else is there to coach NSW? Hasler? The recommendation was a full time coach with no club affiliation. So who does that leave? If Stuart is such a bad coach why does he have a premiership on his portfolio? I didnt agree with much of this column at all. You cant judge a players performance in a SOO match on his club form. I found the story to be a long way off the mark in so many ways. If i was Stuart id have been filthy and surly after the game as well. I remember all to well Cecchin's refereeing abilities in previous matches and how this guy got last nights match is still beyond my comprehension. Any way we all have out opinions i dont agree with those in this column.

Ricky said we'd see a New Direction. Perhaps he was confused about Delta doing the pre-game performance, thinking it was to be that new boy band from England?

Aside from say Bird and Hayne who I agree were pretty good I thought CF2 was spot on with the all the rest of it. Jennings costs us badly with the dumb punch. The decision to go for goal (and then miss it) was hugely costly. Creagh is useless. Glenn Stewart was not used correctly. Choc should have played. Buhrer's 7 minutes was a joke.

All points spot on if you ask me but regardless of all that the basis of CF2's article is about Ricky Stuart and what a surly tool he is which I completely agree on. Sitting at a press conference saying nothing for 6 minutes is pathetic.

Ricky is a bad sport period. God even Brian Smith smiled on Sunday and said Manly would have won in any case regardless of the Mortimer no try.

bazeagle said:
Good work Volley, you must be best pals with Jatz whatever his name is.
At least you didn't resort to name calling. And better work from you Haz88. Your further post helps to prove me wrong about you having no idea.
Also while I'm on the subject of having no idea = Nate Myles MOM? Sorry? I must have been watching another match.

Wonders will never cease, couldn't agree more about the Shate Myles MOTM decision. Had to be Thurston.

Checcin or the man upstairs had to be MOM for QLD. Didnt need ricky to state that in any press conference.

As for the article, piss poor compared to normal.

Bird, Hayne, Jennings all played well, Jennings would not have been marched in any other origina game to date for that, he cant help it if they change the rules.

And a lot of you clearly don't know the rules to think the Inglis try should have been disallowed.

Farah's boot knocks the ball from Inglis' hands. Thats play on and then Inglis forces it for a try. It's not as though Inglis was dropping it he had it knocked out. Rules of the games guys I'm afraid as stated by Bill Harrigan this afternoon.

If the same happened to Brett Stewart in a Manly game and Slater knocked it out with his boot (which he often tries to do) we'd all be screaming for a try.

Can't have it both ways unfortunately that's the rules.

lillchip said:
And a lot of you clearly don't know the rules to think the Inglis try should have been disallowed.

Farah's boot knocks the ball from Inglis' hands. Thats play on and then Inglis forces it for a try. It's not as though Inglis was dropping it he had it knocked out. Rules of the games guys I'm afraid as stated by Bill Harrigan this afternoon.

If the same happened to Brett Stewart in a Manly game and Slater knocked it out with his boot (which he often tries to do) we'd all be screaming for a try.

Who doesn't know the rules?

Loose carry A referee may decide that an attacking player did not sufficiently protect their possession of the ball as they came into contact with defenders; this is termed a loose carry. This interpretation allows a referee to decide if they think the attacking player committed a knock-on or whether the defenders stripped the ball with intent.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glossary_of_rugby_league_terms

Firstly, Ricky didn't coach Jennings to run in and throw a punch and get sin binned. Jennings did that all by himself - Turning Point Number 1.

David Carney (twin brother of Todd), not kicking out on a penalty - something you get castrated for at NRL level let alone SOO - Turning Point Number 2. Ricky didn't coach him to miss that.

Gallen deciding to kick for goal when NSW on the acendency - and Carney missing - again, not the coaches wishes, nor 1.3 million supporters watching. Turning Point Number 3.

These games are so tight, that mistakes on this level are inexcusable and punishable only by losing.

The Inglis try was immaterial. NSW had lost the game already and because of the three issues above.

Leave the team as is. Leave the coach. Maybe bring in Choc - but nothing else. Oh, T Rex to be on the run on.

MadMarcus said:
lillchip said:

Who doesn't know the rules?

Loose carry A referee may decide that an attacking player did not sufficiently protect their possession of the ball as they came into contact with defenders; this is termed a loose carry. This interpretation allows a referee to decide if they think the attacking player committed a knock-on or whether the defenders stripped the ball with intent.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glossary_of_rugby_league_terms

Game, Set & Match. Thank you linesmen. Thank you ballboys!

The rules need to be looked at otherwise League players may as well go & play Aussie Rules aka fumble ball.

Good call. I thought Brent Tate should have been mom. Totally courageous and safe under the high ball and made plenty of metres. On Greg Bird, total grub. face massages, lying on top of tackled players, whining and whinging. Stupid prick. Inglis's try, totally legal, unlike Uate's knock-on. Uate lost the game for NSW. Twice caught out of position for two tries. Hopefully he will be dropped for SOO2. Lewis and Creagh did sfa. Carney was rubbish. And Farah kicking the ball out on the full in the 75th moment when a wide ball would have been interesting, I guess that was for his mum to catch. On Sturat? total worm. Why drag the team straight off the park at the end? I'd like to see the team at least acknowledge their supporters win lose or draw. I'd like to see that with Manly teams, not only when we win, but when we lose as well.

It wasn't a loose carry with the Inglis try. Farah deliberately kicked at the ball. Penalty try in my opinion.

DSM5 said:
Good call. I thought Brent Tate should have been mom. Totally courageous and safe under the high ball and made plenty of metres. On Greg Bird, total grub. face massages, lying on top of tackled players, whining and whinging. Stupid prick. Inglis's try, totally legal, unlike Uate's knock-on. Uate lost the game for NSW. Twice caught out of position for two tries. Hopefully he will be dropped for SOO2. Lewis and Creagh did sfa. Carney was rubbish. And Farah kicking the ball out on the full in the 75th moment when a wide ball would have been interesting, I guess that was for his mum to catch. On Sturat? total worm. Why drag the team straight off the park at the end? I'd like to see the team at least acknowledge their supporters win lose or draw. I'd like to see that with Manly teams, not only when we win, but when we lose as well.

There are classy ways to win and classy ways to lose. Seems Ricky hasn't got that one figured yet. I think the comment on Farah and his mother was uncalled for.

Of course, in all of this - have we forgotten that Queensland is virtually the Australian test team?

Pretty hard to beat that, no matter who you have coaching or playing.

OMG. Farah's foot knocked the ball out. That is not a loose carry. That my friends was the interpretation and that's why it was a try last night, still is a try from Harrigan today, and still will be tomorrow.

Game, set and match to the ruling, to Harrigan, and to Qld! And I say that with disappointment cos I'm a blues fan but that was how it was ruled.

Like I said when Brett goes to score and Slater's foot knocks the ball out of his hands what will you all say then? Exactly!

DSM5 finally someone backing the truth here.

Bird is a grub and yes Ricky Stuart rushing the players off to the sheds is yet another Stuart cry baby moment which he would have done in his grubby day playing for Canberra. Stand out there boys and accept defeat it wasn't 52-0 you lost by 8 points to Australia nothing to run away from!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6