The Guthersation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Can't afford to spend on marquee players?

Depending on your personal opinion on their worth, it could be argued we already have 3 marquee players in DCE, Tom and Jake.

Throw in Taupau and the rising stocks of AFB, amd it does not leave a lot of room for many more superstars.....unless Uncle Nick is your benefactor.
Yes I agree with your point and everything you have said, but every time a player is linked to us, it always comes out that we dont have much space in our cap to move and the fact we have moved on more players than other club to get back under the cap, but yes you are 100 % right about those Marquee players we have, no argument there, and no uncle Nick isnt my financial benefactor, I wish he was lol

He was, but Toddy stopped it by putting our salary cap issues as a block for Pearce not to sign with Manly .

Hate to say this. I mean....I REALLY REALLY hate to say this.....

But thanks Greenturd. By his office "leaking" certain information that was heard by who it was meant to be heard by (Wayne Pearce), I think we dodged a bullet not signing Pearce.

As for Gutherson.....now that the Dalai has re-signed with the Worms (Hooper's comments were more than laughable weren't they?), I kinda expect that he will stay where he is. I do think he'd go well under Des, especially as a centre and backup fullback, but I suspect he'll stay put. In saying that though, I hope I am wrong because like most I'd love to see him back in the maroon and white.

If it came down to a choice between signing Gutherson and signing James Roberts......come home Gutho.

My personal opinion with the Eels and Gutho - is they obviously want him to stay but it's always been for less than he is worth. Through the negotiation they've offered him less repeatedly than he wanted both in dollars and years. I think they put the captaincy on him too as a stealth move to try make him feel tied to the club with this added burden of being the "leader", but good on him - he's 24 - 4 years takes him to 28 and if he's still fit and healthy he gets a 3 year deal then after which he can go to the UK.

If he was set on staying he would have happily said they're close, but this has taken 6 months to get here. In 6 months of negotiations you have ample opportunity to work something out. And we worked out before that there are 8/9 teams that could use a fullback. So whether it's to us or someone else, I'd say there is a deal elsewhere for what he wants on the table and he'll take it.

The same sources that had jorge taufua being converted to a second rower, or the official on the plane to new york to sign mitchell pearce. Your a muppet, talk about walter mitty like visions of grandeur
He’s been on the money way more than not. SL keep it coming, the rest of us understand how fluid these situations can be and that they change in an instant.

BREAKING : New 3 year deal @ClintGutherson formal announcement expected today. Double bonus @TheParraEels after re signing coach Brad Arthur this week @7NewsSydney #NRL
7 news reporting it now too...

Would of been great to have him back but not for that price tag. I’m glad we didn’t get into the bidding war. Lol anyway at parra for making themselves look like rookies with the whole mess. Looks like James Roberts might be the mid season buy

My personal opinion with the Eels and Gutho - is they obviously want him to stay but it's always been for less than he is worth. Through the negotiation they've offered him less repeatedly than he wanted both in dollars and years. I think they put the captaincy on him too as a stealth move to try make him feel tied to the club with this added burden of being the "leader", but good on him - he's 24 - 4 years takes him to 28 and if he's still fit and healthy he gets a 3 year deal then after which he can go to the UK.

If he was set on staying he would have happily said they're close, but this has taken 6 months to get here. In 6 months of negotiations you have ample opportunity to work something out. And we worked out before that there are 8/9 teams that could use a fullback. So whether it's to us or someone else, I'd say there is a deal elsewhere for what he wants on the table and he'll take it.
Admins please delete this post

Arthur has got his deal sorted so now he has told Gutho to just take whatever is on offer. It would have been nice to have Gutho back, but with the talent we have coming through I reckon it would be a waste of money. I hope we helped to get him more money.

Gutho's management have been playing this well. I'd love to have Ayoub as my agent for whatever it is I'm chasing. He'll get the best deal he can and if that means Gutho staying at Parra, then I think that's what he'll do. Would love him back at Manly, but my gut feeling is he'll stay. Drat

I'm perfectly fine with missing out on Gutho. Hope we cost Parra a few $$ along the way.

I just pray we dont go all out for J.Roberts now.

Agree mate. Whilst a great player on his day, I just think there is too much risk associated with a signing like this. I was listening to the Matty Johns Podcast this week and Paul Kent mentioned that there were a number of issues Roberts has had in Brisbane that have been swept under the rug.

Whilst that may not happen here, after what the club has gone through with the Walker situation, I don’t think it is a signing the club should look at too deeply.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8