[Resurrected] The Hill @ Brooky and other suburban grounds.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Napper

Bencher
I think there should be a section on the Hill for Men and women 18+ who can tolerate swearing. The family Hill is where families belong. I like getting drunk and swearing at the footy. I shouldn't have to feel guilty by doing so.

Thoughts?

There's nothing wrong with calling anyone a 'derogatory term for homosexuals' just read the Webster thread. It's unnatural and God doesn't agree with it.

Back on topic, getting told "excuse your language please I have my 4yo daughter here" is rude imo.

A funny story. the last time I was on the hill was Manly V storm rnd 25 and my nephew was way pizzed and swearing like a champion all the first half, and there was a group of young teenage boys enjoying his banter but a bit taken a back by it and by the second half one of them piped up with some real funny expletives aimed at cam smith and slater.
Damn made me proud.

I would have an issue with the swearing which is why I would take my boy to the family hill

The club makes a place "safe" for families . If you choose to go out of that then you are opening yourself up to stuff you might not want to hear

Yeah. It's that sort of **** that ruins it for everyone. Put your 4yr old in a creche or whatever.

lsz said:
I would have an issue with the swearing which is why I would take my boy to the family hill

The club makes a place "safe" for families . If you choose to go out of that then you are opening yourself up to stuff you might not want to hear

I got 2 kids myself. Although they're both under 4 and don't attend the footy yet, I'll be taking them to the Family Hill, besides, my 18month old son only drinks VB anyway.

I think kids should be getting drunk and swearing at the footy from an early age, so they're ready to join in once they become an adult.

Hurling drunken abuse and threats at opposition players and fans is a given, but there should be a section of the hill where you are allowed to actually throw things and punch people if you want. Let's face it, how else could all those men with zero accomplishments and zero prospects really act out their fantasy that they are top of the heap?

Another gripe is that too many opposition fans seem to be able to park near Brookie without having their cars vandalised. It would be great to see a lot more drunkenness on public transport after the games, too. The ARLC really needs to think hard or they might end up losing some of the games traditional supporters.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Hurling drunken abuse and threats at opposition players and fans is a given, but there should be a section of the hill where you are allowed to actually throw things and punch people if you want. Let's face it, how else could all those men with zero accomplishments and zero prospects really act out their fantasy that they are top of the heap?

Another gripe is that too many opposition fans seem to be able to park near Brookie without having their cars vandalised. It would be great to see a lot more drunkenness on public transport after the games, too. The ARLC really needs to think hard or they might end up losing some of the games traditional supporters.

Spot on mate. Well said.

I think there should be a crystal meth stand on the hill. It's not my go, but it would be good for those who wish to partake. No-one would be forced into it. They could have mid-strength meth for minors.

SeaEagleRock8 said:

In their defence the NRL is doing all the can to promote this kind of thing. They put Greenburg in there with a mandate go spread the Bulldogs culture across the entire NRL. What more can they do? I suppose sanctioning the weapons with club logos that the Chaser boys sold a few years ago woul be another positive step. The game still has a very long way to go if we are to compete with the Wandeders.

Actually trying to add a bit of sense to this topic, I think one of the biggest issues with cricket and the lack of crowds at test matches outside ashes aeries was the crack down on beer sales as well as the fun police throwing people out just because they threw a beach ball, had a beer cup snake and decided to start singing to celebrate the post tea session.

My old cricket club use to run buses to the test matches for the first 2 days of the Sydeny test - we use to get around 30 to 40 punters to both days. Now they don't get anyone going because you can't even get a full strength beer at the game.

There should be a part of brookie where you can go and buy full strength beer for the full game and where a 'different' level of behaviour is tolerated and you can have a bit of fun.It should be clearly marked so you can avoid if you don't like swearing, having beer split on you and if you don;t like having beer laden vomit on your legs.

If you cater for families you shoudl also cater for other sections of our supporter base.

SeaEagleRock8 said:

Love your work here SER8;)

bones said:
The Wheel said:
if you don;t like having beer laden vomit on your legs.

I thought they killed him?
Lol. That was the bin one with the beard, not the beer one with keg.

bones said:
I think kids should be getting drunk and swearing at the footy from an early age, so they're ready to join in once they become an adult.

Technically we're only getting them ready for high school :p

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4