[Resurrected] The Hill @ Brooky and other suburban grounds.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Moondog said:
Duff said:
Moondog said:
Duff said:
Moondog said:
I have a sneaking suspicion some of these comments may have been tongue in cheek.... (except for mine of course)

Obvioulsy. My point is that I don't see the connection.
You could be talking about knitting and then start making references about snooker in a tongue in cheek manner but the two points aren't related and I'd look at you like you're a bit odd.
Just the same when one minute we're having a nice conversation about swearing and alcohol and then BAM! Straight out of left field, violence, vomiting and urinating are brought into it. WTF! I don't get the connection. If you do, maybe your violence and obscenity problem is more of an issue than my fondness for stumbling bliss and joy of the English language in all it's juicy glory.
I don't have a violence or obscenity problem.
Your "fondness for stumbling bliss and joy of the English language in all it's juicy glory" does tend to make you sound like a pompous git however.

I've been accused of being everything from pompous git to graceless bogan.
I'm everything to everyone and should therefore get my way.

I now declare Nappers original suggestion as officially approved.
Anyone who disagrees can f**k off.
Should do something about that obscenity problem Duff.

No, vomiting and urinating is obscenity.
Swearing is appreciating the English language in all its glory.

Back on Jesus, I can prove he exists! I took a photo of him on the weekend.

[attachment=720]

Duff said:
Moondog said:
Duff said:
Moondog said:
Duff said:
You could be talking about knitting and then start making references about snooker in a tongue in cheek manner but the two points aren't related and I'd look at you like you're a bit odd.
Just the same when one minute we're having a nice conversation about swearing and alcohol and then BAM! Straight out of left field, violence, vomiting and urinating are brought into it. WTF! I don't get the connection. If you do, maybe your violence and obscenity problem is more of an issue than my fondness for stumbling bliss and joy of the English language in all it's juicy glory.
Your "fondness for stumbling bliss and joy of the English language in all it's juicy glory" does tend to make you sound like a pompous git however.

quote]Obscenity
An offensive or indecent word or phrase
=dirty word, filth, smut, vulgarism
~profanity
Shorter Oxford Dictionary definition.

Duff said:
Moondog said:
Duff said:
Moondog said:
Duff said:

Out demons out and take your bodily functions with you....
As for swearing it does'nt worry me but the Shorter Oxford Dictionary defines obscenity as...
Noun: obscenity
~profanity

Moondog said:
Duff said:
Moondog said:
Duff said:
Moondog said:

As for swearing it does'nt worry me but the Shorter Oxford Dictionary defines obscenity as...
~profanity

Save your preaching for the family Hill ****. Noone gives a **** what you think of us *****

Napper said:
Moondog said:
Duff said:
Moondog said:
Duff said:

~profanity

Save your preaching for the family Hill ****. Noone gives a **** what you think of us *****
Ah F..k Off

Moondog said:
Napper said:
Moondog said:
Duff said:
Moondog said:

~profanity

Ah F..k Off

I'm stunned. I was unaware that 'Save your preaching for the family hill mate. Noone gives a darn what you think of us N00bs" was so insulting that you had to hurl such hurtful insults at me.

Napper said:
Moondog said:
Napper said:
Moondog said:
Duff said:
~profanity

Ah F..k Off

I'm stunned. I was unaware that 'Save your preaching for the family hill mate. Noone gives a darn what you think of us N00bs" was so insulting that you had to hurl such hurtful insults at me.
Put your mind at ease. It was aimed at Noone.

Moondog said:
Napper said:
Moondog said:
Napper said:
Moondog said:
~profanity

Ah F..k Off

Put your mind at ease. It was aimed at Noone.

What a relief. You ****. ;)

Just when the summer topics were getting good Someone hacks a moderators account and bans Napper.

This place will be boring without napper he's great value.

What I find interesting is how does someone get banned for the c bomb when it comes up censored with can't understand norm thinking.

Isn't that the whole ideal of censoring the word?

I'm not being critical just asking the question.

No way will Manly want to endorse that culture by allowing or promoting potty mouth hill. It is not part of the brand and fair enough.Swearing is part of life but no way any organisation will want to be seen promoting anti social behavour, especially in a sporting venue.

If something ever happened, a large fight it would seriously come back to haunt the club.

I swear, I have sworn at footy games, but im not proud of it. A lot is said about the Manly culture and that extends to its fans. Why would we want to alienate other Manly fans, and obnoxious groups of beer swilling smut monkeys do just that

We often talk about low crowds but does anti social behavour contribute as much as channel NEIN. Who knows but it may. A funny, clever, witty crowd may actually draw fans and a lot of the hill stuff is that. I can swear like a trooper at times but i would hate to do so in front of people i dont know, women or children and i still despise the C word.Its only used for shock value and i cringe when i hear it. Maybe im a hypocrite, probably but i know I am not alone

You can renew your membership, pound your chest but you may do more for the club by being civil and courteous rather than demand the right to not be..............just a thought

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4