The Hoppa - Parra deal

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
HappilyManly said:
Why do they call you mad, MadMarcus :p Your rational scenario has me rolling on the floor! Thanks for the chuckle.

Well Happly Manly they say the people who are called "mad" fall into 2 categories:

1. The great geniuses of the word
2. Bona fide complete lunatics.

While I may clearly fall in the second category (particularly when I don't have my weekly therapy of screaming at players and refs at each Manly game), at least I can say I have something in common with the people in the first category!!

I've been told Hoppa has broken his jaw in a basketball game with friends and in a bad way with his mission possibly put on hold. Although he would have plenty of time to heal maybe having second thoughts on the mission?? Anyone else heard news of this?

Pride said:
I've been told Hoppa has broken his jaw in a basketball game with friends and in a bad way with his mission possibly put on hold. Although he would have plenty of time to heal maybe having second thoughts on the mission?? Anyone else heard news of this?

Carefactor < 0

Broken jaw from basketball? Maybe he was actually playing 5th grade rugby like his old man used to?

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/06/11/1055220655231.html

The Slime players are having to take full time jobs in the off season working from 9am to 4pm and then back to training at 5 or 6pm.

I wonder if Jr Hoppa knew about this? Work placement may not last when he gets back.

I think it’s a great idea as it keeps players busy and out of trouble however my concern is that this type of work placement could be used as a bit of a scam to beat the salary cap? Players working for the sponsors of the club and being paid for it.

I wonder if they are getting paid for the work and what other inducements to do they receive for doing such work.

http://www.parraeels.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=44793&title=pirtek-eels-go-back-to-work

OneEyedEagle said:
The Slime players are having to take full time jobs in the off season working from 9am to 4pm and then back to training at 5 or 6pm.

I wonder if Jr Hoppa knew about this? Work placement may not last when he gets back.

I think it’s a great idea as it keeps players busy and out of trouble however my concern is that this type of work placement could be used as a bit of a scam to beat the salary cap? Players working for the sponsors of the club and being paid for it.

I wonder if they are getting paid for the work and what other inducements to do they receive for doing such work.

http://www.parraeels.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=44793&title=pirtek-eels-go-back-to-work

The Storm do this also, the boss of the company (usually a supporter of the club) reports back to the coach on the work ethic of the player and whether or not he gets along with others.

So all in all not really a bad thing

A Tongan guy came into my work this week wearing a Manly 2011 Premiers polo shirt. We got to talking about football and he claimed to know the Hopoate family. He told me that Will's plan is to return to Manly after making some fast, BIG money at the Eels for two years. Not sure if he was genuine but I just thought I'd share it. Oh... He also asked me not to tell anyone so keep it to yourself :p

bones said:
A Tongan guy came into my work this week wearing a Manly 2011 Premiers polo shirt. We got to talking about football and he claimed to know the Hopoate family. He told me that Will's plan is to return to Manly after making some fast, BIG money at the Eels for two years. Not sure if he was genuine but I just thought I'd share it. Oh... He also asked me not to tell anyone so keep it to yourself :p

cool bones I won't tell anyone

maybe it has been Will's plan all along to first help out his family (and church obviously too) with the big bucks first up and then to come back to the club he grew up supporting and loving.....

or maybe as he said that was his ambition for 2014 originally but got railroaded into the Parra deal by other influences...time will tell

bob dylan said:
He is getting Hindmarshs & Fui's money from 2014.

Hope he makes as many tackles and hitups for the same money.

Hindmarsh makes 30 3rd man in flops a game to boost his tackle count and Fui blows up after 5 minutes. I can't see Hoppa having much trouble matching that, though pulling on the blue and gold is likely to turn his blood to water.

How funny if he got injured and had to sit out the first 12 months of his Parra contract. All that cash on the sideline then trying to play after a three year break.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2