The Kennel .... hmmm

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I really feel for the Bombthrowers ... such a proud club who have been ruined to a large extent by the tools running their fiefdoms and thinking they're important. The have the bankroll to come good though now along with some sharp operators in the back office. With any luck they can ride this to be the competitive club they should be.

Also Brett > Slater any day of the week. Studs Up isn't worthy to lace Brett's shoelaces, despite what the sycophantic media say.

I'd like someone to ask Gus why he advocates struggling clubs should follow the Penrith model and promote players who grew up supporting the club yet, as the Dogs' football guru, he is presiding over exactly the opposite?
The Dogs and Illawarra are trying to buy their way out of trouble and are neglecting their juniors. Doesn'tmatta has been doing this for decades without success.
Easts do it professionally, locking up promising kids from outside their area and bringing them into their system. They have the excuse that they have very few juniors, and can obviously entice these kids with money.
I'm sure if Canterbury, Illawarra and Doesn'tmatta changed their thinking that a 'bred' player is just as good as a 'bought' player then, within a few seasons, all three would be closer to winning a premiership.

I'd like someone to ask Gus why he advocates struggling clubs should follow the Penrith model and promote players who grew up supporting the club yet, as the Dogs' football guru, he is presiding over exactly the opposite?
The Dogs and Illawarra are trying to buy their way out of trouble and are neglecting their juniors. Doesn'tmatta has been doing this for decades without success.
Easts do it professionally, locking up promising kids from outside their area and bringing them into their system. They have the excuse that they have very few juniors, and can obviously entice these kids with money.
I'm sure if Canterbury, Illawarra and Doesn'tmatta changed their thinking that a 'bred' player is just as good as a 'bought' player then, within a few seasons, all three would be closer to winning a premiership.
Because the Dogs have a 10 year plan @:eek:

I think the buy up is a short term fix to get them to be competitive. The local junior system apparently has been neglected for some years so likely a fair bit of work needs doing to get it up and producing.

They know over there what's coming at them next week. How do they stop it? They don't. Emotions run high in their world and it's not good emotions.

And it’s poorly moderated to be honest !!
remember that flog who came over here and trolled when they signed des. Total flog Mr Invisiable i think hes been very invisable since about 2016
hope he enjoys his T Baz made wooden spoon.

Just think if we had of had all the equipment trent required like outdoor chairs etc we too could have had a barrett wooden spoon in 2018 ;)

remember that flog who came over here and trolled when they signed des. Total flog Mr Invisiable i think hes been very invisable since about 2016

Just think if we had of had all the equipment trent required like outdoor chairs etc we too could have had a barrett wooden spoon in 2018 ;)
Funny how he didn’t come on here and brag when they signed Trent. Even he probably recognised that Trent isn’t a good coach.

And yet every second week, or every week, somebody bursts into print suggesting we by Brenton Turdburgler or Manafauangai Kauai from the Sharks or the Knights or wherever, to replace a perfectly capable Manly junior or a youngster brought into the local system early.

Somehow I don’t think we need to do a lot if external recruiting right now.

Last edited:

Yes, he was a piece of work that one..!

But on the other hand we did have @Guzzler commenting here a while and he seemed quite reasonable.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12