The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Club Statement regarding Kieran Foran

This morning the Sea Eagles Club and players were informed of Kieran Foran’s decision to sign with the Parramatta Eels from 2016.

Sea Eagles Head Coach Geoff Toovey acknowledged that while the club is disappointed that it has been unable to retain Kieran, he thanked him for his service to the Club.

“Kieran is a fantastic player and a wonderful young man. He has played an integral role in the Club’s recent on-field successes and will do so for the remainder of this season,” Toovey said.

‘Kieran has the utmost respect of everyone at the Club and we are proud to have seen him develop into the player that he is today.”

“While today’s news is disappointing, we respect his decision and will move on quickly to ensure that’s we’re focused for Friday night’s clash with the Bulldogs at Brookvale Oval.”

Sea Eagles CEO Joe Kelly also paid tribute to the service Kieran has provided.

“Kieran has been an incredible talent for the Sea Eagles for many years and it’ll be sad for all of us to see him leave at the end of the season,” Mr Kelly said.

“I have great admiration for Kieran, not only as a footballer but most importantly as a person. He is a quality individual. I recognise that it has been an immensely difficult decision for Kieran.”

“The Club is now in a position of having the resources necessary to recruit some of the best talent in the marketplace, to ensure that the Sea Eagles remain a dominant team in the NRL.”

“We have an extremely bright future here at Manly. There is some prodigious young talent rising through our junior ranks, we have increased our resources in the football department, and we are investing in state of the art training facilities.”

Foran, 24, has played 129 NRL matches for the Club since making his debut against the Canberra Raiders back in Round 15, 2009. He has played in two NRL Grand Finals (2011 and 2013), guiding the side to the premiership in 2011.

The Ellerslie Eagles and Asquith Magpies junior has represented New Zealand on 18 occasions, and has also captained his country twice in 2013.

The Sea Eagles take on the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs at Brookvale Oval on Friday Night. Tickets available through Ticketmaster.

So @Ryan, Is anyone else leaving ? Give us the list of those departing . . . . .tell us now, put as in the picture, so we can factor in all the bad news at once. . . .

im sad he is going but very happy the club didnt match or come close to the reported offer, that is just salary cap suicide, the expectation on Foran will be massive next year and what happens when the parra board changes and Arthur is removed for Anderson

IMO Foran has lost all credibility through this saga.

He's been sly, deceitful & dishonest to his teammates & the club.

This was done months ago but he didn't have them backbone or balls to announce it sooner.

He may have won a premiership for us but he's now lost all respect I had for him.

DCE may not be considered one of the boys but in my eyes he has more dignity & moral fibre than Foran could dream of.

Get out of our club!

In retrospect, Daly was honest throughout even though Orr did his best to create a circus (and I'm hearing found himself in a bit of strife with his client).

Foz on the otherhand bought into Watmoughs unholy crusade and did us equally dirty. He outright lied- just like Choc. He screwed the club whatever reason and quite frankly he can **** right off.

well, that's done, the band aid has been ripped off. the club desperately needs some good news.

My major gripe with the spin the club puts on it, is that they say we are now in a position to hit the market for the best quality players, we had two of THE BEST and somehow we couldntr even keep one. no point replacing players of lesser quality.

what a debacle. Whats a good email address to vent to the club where I wont just get a cut and paste response.

They have been pretty uninspiring and amateurish throughout all this.

And so begins yet another media circus for week 3 of the season.

They can stand in circles all they like ( and yes that was a nice touch) but that isn't going to stop the bloody journo's.

There's " blood in the water" and they won't stop until the carcass is stripped dry!!

I understand it probably makes people feel better to think that these two are being payed overs, and yes if we had both of these guys on 1mil at the club at the same time then its probably not good for the cap, but having one of these guys on 1mil + is not that big a deal in the modern game. The cap has increased significantly, and looks like it will again. You've only got to look at the teams Souths, Roosters, and Bulldogs have to know that you can put together a star studded line up even with big $$$ going to one player; SBW for example.

The cap climate has changed, and it would have been fine to have one of the two at the club on a million bucks a year. We probably panicked and tried to keep both, when we would have been better off making one a priority and offered 1.2 mil.

I honestly believe that both were unhappy at the club for various reasons, and have been for some time, so money probably wasn't going to change the result.

I have been a bit over this saga but at least we can move on now i think we still will have a good year and make those 2 realise what tbey will be missing

I understand it probably makes people feel better to think that these two are being payed overs, and yes if we had both of these guys on 1mil at the club at the same time then its probably not good for the cap, but having one of these guys on 1mil + is not that big a deal in the modern game. The cap has increased significantly, and looks like it will again. You've only got to look at the teams Souths, Roosters, and Bulldogs have to know that you can put together a star studded line up even with big $$$ going to one player; SBW for example.

The cap climate has changed, and it would have been fine to have one of the two at the club on a million bucks a year. We probably panicked and tried to keep both, when we would have been better off making one a priority and offered 1.2 mil.

I honestly believe that both were unhappy at the club for various reasons, and have been for some time, so money probably wasn't going to change the result.
We don't even have a major sponsor for next year yet

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12