The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
RE: Foran close to agreeing on a new Manly deal

If Foran, T-Rex and Lussick all go, we may finally have some cap to actually buy someone on the market.

Any good props off contract? Kasiano and Russel Packer would be good options.

Why be rude and slag me off when I point out a coincidence.

lsz said:
Above all he is a kid trying to do what is best for his future

As it stands if he gets a serious injury during the course of this next contract what are the chances of him playing again? Where is his future $$$ going to come from....and please do not peddle me the "he will be a manly legend forever" as we all see a number of first graders working

The amount of pressure on him is just a joke

God forbid he'd have to get a real job like the rest of us. Poor fella!

When he's got kids he can't feed let him talk about pressure.

Daniel said:
More and more mail coming in that he is gone. I don't generally believe these things until I have them confirmed but jeez there is a lot of movement on the topic

Yeah, either way it will be announced next week just to upset the apple cart of the team that misses out.

Haz88 said:
My point is cliffylyons that if it were me and i was on 400k or so a year with manly my team i love the mates who i have won grand finals with , the place where i live. If the scum dogs or someone was to offer me 450 or 460 k like you say there is no way i would take it. Not only being loyal but you also have to think of travel perhaps relocation this costs money and it adds up does it not?? also being away from family or what who knows.

Then would that 50 k become so much more and worth it ... not for me!!

Good luck to them if they want to leave and chase the $$ for SOME there is more important and other things to consider

Why would you have to relocate from Manly if you train in Belmore? 40 odd km's. It is a stone's throw away? I travel from Engadine to Chatswood/ Artarmon daily, and I haven't moved. It is easy to say that you wouldn't swap, but when a contract is put infront of you, it's harder to say no.

cliffylyons said:
Haz88 said:
My point is cliffylyons that if it were me and i was on 400k or so a year with manly my team i love the mates who i have won grand finals with , the place where i live. If the scum dogs or someone was to offer me 450 or 460 k like you say there is no way i would take it. Not only being loyal but you also have to think of travel perhaps relocation this costs money and it adds up does it not?? also being away from family or what who knows.

Good luck to them if they want to leave and chase the $$ for SOME there is more important and other things to consider

Why would you have to relocate from Manly if you train in Belmore? 40 odd km's. It is a stone's throw away? I travel from Engadine to Chatswood/ Artarmon daily, and I haven't moved. It is easy to say that you wouldn't swap, but when a contract is put infront of you, it's harder to say no.

Manly and Belmore are worlds apart mate...in every respect.

PS Bob- I wrote this to keep my post count up with my alter ego Cliffy.

PPS Bob- There could be nothing worse for a Manly fan right now than to be compared to the scumdog fans...hence my short fuse. Apologies.

I dont think you would feel comfortable walking around Manly after you just signed with the Dogs

cliffylyons said:
Haz88 said:

He could get a lift with the coach.

Vyssini said:
cliffylyons said:
Haz88 said:

PPS Bob- There could be nothing worse for a Manly fan right now than to be compared to the scumdog fans...hence my short fuse. Apologies.

Sorry my alter account is one post behind, better even it out. But how are they worlds apart? ~45km? Or are you talking cultural diversity? If so it's great to see we have racist fans among us....

Masked Eagle said:
cliffylyons said:
Haz88 said:

He could get a lift with the coach.

Take him past McDonalds on the way home from training?

How long a bow do you want to draw to make that racist ? Idiotic comment

Honestly,would he announce the same week were playing the Dogs that hes leaving??? Surely not.

cliffylyons said:
Vyssini said:
cliffylyons said:
Haz88 said:

Sorry my alter account is one post behind, better even it out. But how are they worlds apart? ~45km? Or are you talking cultural diversity? If so it's great to see we have racist fans among us....

No sunshine- club culture is what I am taking about- the reason why your chihuahuas are trying to buy everything north of the Spit.

By the way, are you a member of Mensa?

cliffylyons said:
Haz88 said:

You taking the piss or???

it takes me 40 mins at least to get from Seven Hills to Rhodes to work of a morning , i dont know the K's it would be maybe 15 or so. Im asuming that double the distance would take slightly longer.

It is harder for SOME to say No , so blokes have never said no to a contract from an opposition club for more money? Spose Menzies and Hindmarsh those sort of blokes etc never had better offers? they were happy with what they had and were they played counted to them.

Times have changed though

Ceagle said:
cliffylyons is a dogs fan, ignore him

Yes because I have nothing better to do than to pretend to be a Manly fan on this forum. How did you know? Was it because I offered an opinion that some way challenged your simplistic/ egocentric opinion? I'm sorry, I'll just bury my head under the sand and pretend everything is alright.

Pull your head out mate.

cliffylyons said:
bob dylan said:
How weird is this.

As I type, cliffylyons and Vyssini are arguing directly above this post.

Both joined in November 2011 and both have posted 37 times.

Has anyone seen this pair together???

And they are calling each other trolls.

Post count would have been higher but I was overseas over the X-Mas and NY Break, and stayed a little longer as my father passed away.
umm, you signed up around the time Des signed and now you're back to stir more **** up about Foran. I remember someone saying on the Kennel they made a troll account over here named "cliffylyons". I bet that after the Foran saga, you will not be seen around here again.

Now please go back over there.

Vyssini said:
cliffylyons said:
Vyssini said:
cliffylyons said:
Haz88 said:

No sunshine- club culture is what I am taking about- the reason why your chihuahuas are trying to buy everything north of the Spit.

Fair enough, good to see you clarify that, because the last thing we need is racism. No I'm not part of Mensa, why do you ask?

Haz88 said:
cliffylyons said:
Haz88 said:

it takes me 40 mins at least to get from Seven Hills to Rhodes to work of a morning , i dont know the K's it would be maybe 15 or so. Im asuming that double the distance would take slightly longer.

It is harder for SOME to say No , so blokes have never said no to a contract from an opposition club for more money? Spose Menzies and Hindmarsh those sort of blokes etc never had better offers? they were happy with what they had and were they played counted to them.

Nah, being serious. While it does get a little congested during normal working house (roughly 1 hour and 15min to get home), hence why I leave a little earlier, I have found when I do night shifts/ call outs (start at 6pm and finish 6-7am, I am an Area Operator for Ausgrid) on the way to Chatswood in the Afternoon get's a little packed over the Harbour, and on the way back, once you're over the Harbour Bridge, you're basically going against peak hour traffic.

Ceagle said:
cliffylyons said:
bob dylan said:
How weird is this.

Post count would have been higher but I was overseas over the X-Mas and NY Break, and stayed a little longer as my father passed away.
umm, you signed up around the time Des signed and now you're back to stir more s**t up about Foran. I remember someone saying on the Kennel they made a troll account over here named "cliffylyons".

Please point me to the right direction.

cliffylyons said:
Vyssini said:
cliffylyons said:
Vyssini said:
cliffylyons said:

Fair enough, good to see you clarify that, because the last thing we need is racism. No I'm not part of Mensa, why do you ask?

Haz88 said:
cliffylyons said:
Haz88 said:

Nah, being serious. While it does get a little congested during normal working house (roughly 1 hour and 15min to get home), hence why I leave a little earlier, I have found when I do night shifts/ call outs (start at 6pm and finish 6-7am, I am an Area Operator for Ausgrid) on the way to Chatswood in the Afternoon get's a little packed over the Harbour, and on the way back, once you're over the Harbour Bridge, you're basically going against peak hour traffic.

Ceagle said:
cliffylyons said:
bob dylan said:
How weird is this.

umm, you signed up around the time Des signed and now you're back to stir more s**t up about Foran. I remember someone saying on the Kennel they made a troll account over here named "cliffylyons".

Please point me to the right direction.

Ah ok then thats not to bad.. for myself no matter what way i go its at least 40 mins ! burns me.

Anyway my point is i just hope some of these players stay loyal and become greats for our club.

the mauler said:
Honestly,would he announce the same week were playing the Dogs that hes leaving??? Surely not.

Exactly why I am still holding out for good news. As I mentioned in an earlier post, is it not unusual that one of a team's leading players is allegedly meeting up with the coach of our immediate next opponents.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12