The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am still flabbergasted that foran went there. Fair enough if he wants to leave manly however he obviously didn't think it through or he got very bad advice to choose the eels.

It's common knowledge that the place is a graveyard for players. They have the opposite culture to the storm and to a lesser extent us and the dogs.

Justin Poore, sandow, Shane Shackelton etc are good examples of players who ruined their careers by signing with the eels. Look at Hoppa and watmough. They are shadows of their former selves now they are at the eels. They haven't had a good halfback since Sterlo FFS.

On top of that they have won 2 out of the last 3 spoons and will be in contention this year.

And we have discussed their off the field issues in other threads so I won't go into that.

I think he has made a huge mistake.

I am not suggesting nor do I want him to do a backflip and stay at manly but a player with his skills and reputation surely could have chosen a stronger all round club than the eels for his future career.
The eels offered him ridiculous money even if he was the fully fit 2011 version,which he is far from. He would know his body is breaking down. He grabs the money and laughs all the way to the bank.
On a side note , I was at the club after the game on Sunday and thought of all the players he alone showed no interest in engaging with the fans. I was surprised to even see him there.

Brooke, he was probably there because he had to be. Nothing more.

The club really did screw up big time targeting Foran as the one to keep rather than DCE and I personally think it had more to do with him being closer to certain factions at Manly than anything else (from what I have heard/read he is close to the senior group and Z, and Z has family pull with the Penns). Problem was that like Choc, Foran couldn't forgive the club (or DCE and Tooves it would seem) for what happened with Gifty last year.

If Snake can get past it and continue to show that he is one of the premier fullbacks in the game when it was his own brother who was forced out, surely Foran can.

Manly are starting to show that we are still a top 8 team when we have the troops available. The Speels are showing that they are a bottom 4 side despite having the Dalai Arthur as coach and pretty much everyone available.

More and more I get the feeling that Foran knows his body is starting to show major wear and tear and that his signing with the Speels is just him getting the biggest pay day he can before his body cries enough. He actually reminds me a bit of Bradley Clyde in one respect. For the first 8 or so years of his career Clyde threw himself into everything on the field. As a lock he played like a front rower and was a battering ram both in attack and defence. It eventually took its toll on his body and in his last 5 or so years he was a shadow of his former self. I can see that happening with Foran.

Last edited:
The eels offered him ridiculous money even if he was the fully fit 2011 version,which he is far from. He would know his body is breaking down. He grabs the money and laughs all the way to the bank.
On a side note , I was at the club after the game on Sunday and thought of all the players he alone showed no interest in engaging with the fans. I was surprised to even see him there.

I'd say he was simply looking for a place to hide, or trying to find his spine..

Poor Kieran, karma's a bitch isn't it.

A mighty fine high horse you've got there Ryan.

Have you ever criticised Manly, its management, owners or players? Openly?

Do as I say, not as I do?
I'm not getting paid 600-700 thousand a season to be employed though mate.

I'm also not undermining my coach, the fans, the members, the sponsors, the owners & management.

I'm also not under performing while casting demands everywhere.

Im not putting my selfishness before the club by running into a game injured, in the last year of my contract with that club.

Actually, i love my workplace, and would recommend it to anyone.

What i am is a season ticket holder, and member, and his attitude and culture has in part stuffed the year for me.

Just posting so I can tell me kids I was part of this history making thread...Seriously though guys why waste your time on this bloke? His efforts this year are the biggest non event since the Eels last premiership push...Come to think of it the two will suit each other perfectly.

Remember at the beginning of the year Foran wanted additional training equipment and medical staff as part of his conditions for possibly extending his contract. I wonder if somehow in some deluded way he blames the club for his chronic injuries.

Remember at the beginning of the year Foran wanted additional training equipment and medical staff as part of his conditions for possibly extending his contract. I wonder if somehow in some deluded way he blames the club for his chronic injuries.
Or maybe he knows how bad his body is and he is going to need all the extra medical etc

Surely we could chip in for a fit ball and those squeeze grip things that build massive forearms? Or an ab circle pro from the home shopping channel?

I'd love to be a fly on the wall and know what the players think, to be honest I doubt they'd share our feelings.

Regardless it was a different team out there without him , where that leaves us in 6 weeks who knows .

I'd love to be a fly on the wall and know what the players think, to be honest I doubt they'd share our feelings.

Regardless it was a different team out there without him , where that leaves us in 6 weeks who knows .

Maybe Tooves can do what a first grade coach is expected 2 do pick the best team and at the moment Foran isn't in it.

I'm not basing that on his decision 2 leave I'm basing it on his football for us not the Kiwis.

Maybe Tooves can do what a first grade coach is expected 2 do pick the best team and at the moment Foran isn't in it.

I'm not basing that on his decision 2 leave I'm basing it on his football for us not the Kiwis.

I'd be surprised if that happens , he would need to placate the Z faction

Surely we could chip in for a fit ball and those squeeze grip things that build massive forearms? Or an ab circle pro from the home shopping channel?
I have an old Bullworker[ remember those], that's been sitting in my garage for 40+ years, he's welcome to it.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8