The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KOMORI

Born and bred an Eagle
I don't want to sound cynical here but.....

Apparently all of this Foran/Speels contract drama started 3 or 4 weeks ago. Has anyone else noticed that has coincided with a big turnaround in Foran's on field performances? He's gone from playing like he doesn't care to playing like someone looking for a contract.
Spot on. Two things that concern me here though...

1) Who's he trying to impress? We KNOW he's good, but only when his heart is in it. I'd think that he's effectively a free agent at this point, so he's fair game for any club.

2) Do we really want to keep him? He's a damn good player when he puts in, we know this. However, he's actively white-anted the coach, spread dissent amongst the team, and proven to be somewhat of a liability at times and I still feel that (as noted by an earlie post) his attitude cost us a minor premiership and a shot at the big one last year..

JenEagle

Bencher
We haven't seen chewy/chief for a while. Funnily enough he is constantly on here paying out on fans about the fact that we lost Foran to the eels.

If he actually read through the posts on this thread as much as most manly fans love Foran and want to keep him the general consensus is that we can't afford both he and dce with the money they command under the cap and would prefer he join the eels rather than the dogs or roosters.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
NRL were yapping on about Smith having discretionary warchest to keep marquee players in the game. @:cool:

Foran can cost Parra millions in legal fees and make the NRL the laughing stock of professional sport if he proceeds to seek damages. Hopefully the brilliant ARLC has a practical solution @:rolleyes:

Sharp will be on Sterlo tonight :confused:

HappilyManly

Journey Man
http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...gning-their-star/story-e6frf3ru-1227413120199

The 'What If' factor. Is it viable to rely on two key signings, which take up a significant chunk of the cap, and an unknown coach to bring success?

This is exactly what Manly did from 2004. A couple of overpriced Players (BK,Lyon,Kite etc), a rookie coach (Dez) and the ten year domination began.:mm:

There are plenty of Scumo Players that never made it under Bellamy. They only reference the successful set - Gorgeous George came back to the Dragons much worse.@:rolleyes:

No Team has their Cap split evenly across the top 25 Players.

They are just worried that the death riding of Manly is futile :giggle:

Shoe1

Journey Man
Foran asks for cap exemption
SMH 24/6/2015

In the strongest indication Kieran Foran won't be at Parramatta next season, his management held a meeting with the NRL on Wednesday to ask for a salary cap exemption that will allow him to link with Manly or Canterbury.

Fairfax Media can reveal Foran's manager Paul Sutton met with NRL salary cap auditor Jamie L'Oste Brown at League Central on Wednesday to discuss Foran's options if he was to walk out on his four-year $4.8 million deal with the Eels.

It is understood Foran's management requested the meeting with L'Oste Brown to talk about the possibility of the NRL granting a club salary cap exemption to sign the five-eighth for next season.

Neither Manly or Canterbury has the available space in the salary cap to afford Foran for in excess of a million dollars, however his management made enquiries with the NRL about the possibility of an exemption.

Manly haven't got a lot of room to move having signed halfback Daly Cherry-Evans to an eight year $10 million deal, however Foran is believed to be keen to hear what the Sea Eagles can offer.

The Bulldogs don't have the salary cap space either, but the likely departure of Trent Hodkinson, who met with Newcastle Knights officials on Tuesday, could help free some room.

Parramatta Eels chairman Steve Sharp wrote a letter to Parramatta members on Wednesday afternoon, apologising to the long-suffering fans disillusioned by the Foran contract fiasco.

"The Board and I acknowledge that speculation around Kieran Foran's contract and other issues in the media have been unsettling for you; the Eels fans and Members, our club, our team and Kieran," Sharp wrote.

"For that, we apologise. However, we are conscious of our duty and obligation to ensure the long-term viability of our club and its effective governance. As has been reported, an irregular clause in Kieran's contract was detected and we are working to resolve this matter. We want to assure you we are responding to the challenges at hand."
L'oste-brown should give manly a cap exemption and take it from the eels cap.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16
12 6 5 36 15
13 7 6 133 14
12 6 6 77 14
13 7 6 4 14