The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So the only way the eels convinced Foran to sign with them in March was to get him to sign an illegal contract that they could never register for an insane amount of money. So it was an offer that other clubs couldn't compete with. Then once Round 13 was over they attempted to change the contract.

My mind is just boggling.

On the other hand If what Paul Kent said was correct why did foran's manager allow him to sign a contract with TPA's guaranteed by the club when he would have known that the NRL wouldn't allow that.

I hope not, I rate snake over foz anyday! Not just because of their playing ability but because of their attitude and influence around the club. When chez signed to the Titans he never once wore the manly top and gave any less than 100%, foz showed all year he only cares about himself. I hope we give snake the send off he deserves
Not saying I agree with it but it could just be the way it unfolds. Also if Inglis goes to the Broncos the Vermin could make a play as Johnson isn't the answer at the back there

The eels have enlisted the services of a high profile negotiator to ensure Foz plays with them or no one!

YnE59xg.jpg

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...writes-paul-kent/story-fnp0lyn3-1227411831128

Sea Eagles are set to offer Kieran Foran a ‘DCE-sized’ deal, writes Paul Kent
  • PAUL KENT
  • THE DAILY TELEGRAPH
  • JUNE 23, 2015 10:46PM
MANLY are poised to offer Kieran Foran a Daly Cherry-Evans sized contract to remain at the Sea Eagles for life.

Say what you will about Manly, but the Sea Eagles are finally back in the game.

The deal will match the size and scope of the contract that ultimately enticed Cherry-Evans to abandon his deal with Gold Coast to remain at Manly for the rest of his career.

Foran’s management is waiting for Manly to finalise the deal before plotting his next action.

For some years the club got comprehensively outplayed at the negotiating table but the stunning turnarounds of the past fortnight have arrested Manly’s decline.

Suddenly, they can be contenders again. The Sea Eagles can now go into next season with Cherry-Evans and Foran working behind Nate Myles, three top-shelf players to join the likes Jamie Lyon, Brett Stewart, Steve Matai and Matt Ballin.

Two months ago, not one of them was going to be at Brookvale.

The question is how Manly can do it.

The answer is surprisingly easy.

Foran, 24, will be offered the same deal as Cherry-Evans.

It will be six years with a two-year option, in the club’s favour, that will be guaranteed for every day the contract runs. (It's actually in the Player's favour - Kenty)

This guarantee was considered crucial to Cherry-Evans remaining at Brookvale.

Foran will be 33 when the deal expires.

The Sea Eagles are in the midst of a dramatic overhaul of the playing roster, moving on players the club believes previous management paid too much for and others they believe should not have been recruited altogether.

They are also getting towards the end of the bulk of restrictive, back-ended contracts that saw payments balloon in the final years of contracts but were a double-edged sword.

While it kept a core playing group together for an extended period of success, resulting in premierships in 2008 and 2011, it also limited future success as players approached the balloon portion of their contracts, choking the salary cap and preventing Manly from remaining active in the player market.

For example, the final year of Anthony Watmough’s contract saw him owed $980,000 after he sacrificed earlier earnings to keep the playing group together.

The Sea Eagles eventually did a deal to release Watmough to Parramatta to clear room in the salary cap but are still paying a portion of Watmough’s contract at the Eels.

Those payments stop on October 31.

On top of that, the length of the Foran deal will also provide an unexpected advantage.

In terms of salary cap space, the Sea Eagles basically have clear air from 2018 onwards. It allows the club to shape its player deals around the Foran and Cherry-Evans contracts.

The obvious concern is that, combined, the two contracts would take a significant chunk of salary cap and make recruitment virtually impossible.

It is a cost the Sea Eagles believe is worth paying, as it contains one simple truth:

Having quality halves does not guarantee a club will win a premiership, but not having quality halves virtually guarantees they won’t.

Manly will be shaped around Foran and Cherry-Evans if Foran decides to stay.

So once again the Sea Eagles show they cannot be counted out.

When it appeared likely just a month ago that the club would undergo a rebuilding phase, always estimated to be between three and five years depending on the club’s patience, many Manly old-timers were appalled.

Most notably Bob Fulton, who did not become an Immortal by compromising.

Fulton accepted a consultancy role and insisted he not be paid so could present an unvarnished truth to club bosses, all the way up to the Penn family, the owners.

Yet the Penn’s trusted in Fulton and now look set to be rewarded with the signatures of the two key players all but lost a month ago.

Are parra the dumbest club in professiona sport? maybe essendon in the short term but long term parra makes the worst decission time and time again.

I think they should be in full time residential care now.
They do seem to be almost magically half-witted. It must be hell being a Eels fan, with nothing to look forward to but another year of abysmal failure.

I can't believe people wouldn't want him to stay - he's arguably one of the best young 5/8 in the competition and pair him up with DCE and our backline, it's pretty bloody impressive stuff. If he will stay at Manly then that's tops. Would hate to see him go to Parramatta (I'd end up feeling so sorry for the poor bugger much like I did with Jarrod Hayne, he was far too good to be playing with that bunch of nufties).

I can't believe people wouldn't want him to stay - he's arguably one of the best young 5/8 in the competition and pair him up with DCE and our backline, it's pretty bloody impressive stuff. If he will stay at Manly then that's tops. Would hate to see him go to Parramatta (I'd end up feeling so sorry for the poor bugger much like I did with Jarrod Hayne, he was far too good to be playing with that bunch of nufties).
I agree totally - I don't really understand the dislike of Foran. I'm sure if he stays all the haters will be back on his bandwagon again. Does anyone know him personally and can vouch for all the "so called bad things he has said/done" - I would take him back in a heartbeat.

I personally cannot forgive Foz for the way he disrespected our 18th alternate jersey (the Nines jersey)

I remember early in the year a big news story that Eels had put together a "war chest" of 3rd party arguments and were embarking on a spending spree. So why would Forans contract be just tied up with the Clubs offer.

He was offered a contract (and both parties signed) that would have made him the highest paid player in NRL history. During that time and now a lot of Clubs committed nearly all their "top end" money else where. For a Club to pay for Foran they would have to move on under contract players. If this contract cannot be enacted by the NRL (illegal) then if Foran wants to back and sign without another Club he is disadvantaged financially.

If he does stay at Manly it would be an easy thing to say "hey Parra throw in $300,000 for say 2 years and it wont become a court case". That sounds possible except Parra have the cap issues. They might be backed into a corner and have to pay AND lose 4 points next year.

Of course I have no idea but just speculating.

And I will not take back a negative word I said about Foran if he says.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10