The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
RE: Foran - Will he ? Won't he ?

Cameron said:
MrInvisible said:
Just on this... and I'll be brief. Remember there was a big hoohah made about this by the Manly club, with talk of them suing Hasler, etc etc? Notice that went very quiet and nothing more was said?

From what I've heard on the ol' grapevine, the emails do not exist, and it was put out as a media release to attempt to appease fans that the club was doing something about the situation.

I could be wrong, but my source is sound and it makes sense as to why they wouldn't have already launched legal action against Bulldogs club and Hasler (which could really upset our coaches season).
Before anyone makes a smart comment about me reopening my account let me make it really clear it wont be an ongoing thing. To be honest I'm over rugby league and all the bull**** that goes with now days. So my intention is to ignore all the media s**t including this site and just watch manly games with what ever players we do or do not field in the future. If you can't control why give a rats.

Saying that I felt that someone had to shut down Mr Invisible's fairy tales regarding the above comment, seriously if you believe that Mr I your probably still believe in Santa Claus, The Tooth Fairy and the easter bunny.

1) There are emails alright, emails from Person A to Person B about Person C and so on all retrieved
2) Des Hasler wont be the Target of Legal action
3) The Legal action may not be taken by manly. (read between the lines)

I have 3 sources for this info who I will not will reveal because I promised them I would not reveal who they are but the owner of this website knows they are real people and know I have this info for atleast 4 weeks.

But seriously it's no skin off my nose if you Mr Invisable or anyone else beleives me or not.

Hi Cameron

I'm new here and I have read many things

I have posted some of my thoughts & opinions stating without sources or facts.
I liked your post finally something proper .

I didn't understand read between the lines

Also is it worth the club taking legal action over whatever is the issue ( will they gain anything ) ??

If you like to answer thank you in advance

Cameron said:
MrInvisible said:
Just on this... and I'll be brief. Remember there was a big hoohah made about this by the Manly club, with talk of them suing Hasler, etc etc? Notice that went very quiet and nothing more was said?

From what I've heard on the ol' grapevine, the emails do not exist, and it was put out as a media release to attempt to appease fans that the club was doing something about the situation.

I could be wrong, but my source is sound and it makes sense as to why they wouldn't have already launched legal action against Bulldogs club and Hasler (which could really upset our coaches season).
Before anyone makes a smart comment about me reopening my account let me make it really clear it wont be an ongoing thing. To be honest I'm over rugby league and all the bull**** that goes with now days. So my intention is to ignore all the media s**t including this site and just watch manly games with what ever players we do or do not field in the future. If you can't control why give a rats.

Saying that I felt that someone had to shut down Mr Invisible's fairy tales regarding the above comment, seriously if you believe that Mr I your probably still believe in Santa Claus, The Tooth Fairy and the easter bunny.

1) There are emails alright, emails from Person A to Person B about Person C and so on all retrieved

I have 3 sources for this info who I will not will reveal because I promised them I would not reveal who they are but the owner of this website knows they are real people and know I have this info for atleast 4 weeks.

But seriously it's no skin off my nose if you Mr Invisable or anyone else beleives me or not.

Mate, what 'Mr invisible brain' also fails to mention is that it was Hasler that first threatened legal action against Manly for terminating his contract. Why has there been no more said by that scumbag on his piss weak threat of legal action? Maybe it's because he is now at the bulldogs,which means it is his duty to continue the corrupt ways of that (deservedly so) maggot farm Peter Moore.

AFAIK the legal idea was dropped because it would get nowhere.

I'll sue you for terminating me from a job I really no longer want to be in (catch my drift?).

Earnie the Eagle said:
As to your opinion that emails do not exist, then the ones that the SMH have copies of must relate to something else then and fyi the program used to scan the computers was called Encase, google it.
Used Encase before, no longer use it after we started using FTK (which is the best of the best out there).

Still not as fun as pulling apart hard drives and doing data recovery though :)

Daniel said:
It seems an expensive exercise for a complete waste of time. It's tough for those apps to recover emails though, they more target files.
The biggest problem about an email paper train, is that in court it is generally hard to prove that lets say John Doe, actually physically sent the email that John Doe did.

It could say John Doe, but perhaps Billy Blogg sent it from John Does computer. After all Billy Bloggs knows John Does password because John Does forgetful and left a PostIt Note on his monitor with his password, or went home and didn't log his computer out.

Heck we've been called in to investigate incidents where a cleaner from a company sent an email from a CEOs account under false pretence.

FTR I do not work in federal law enforcement just to clarify that above comment.

Cameron said:

Vice versa I also have my contacts which have proven numerous times to be correct, and called the Hasler move well before it happened (verified on here with those who needed verification too).

The comment I got fed was that "the emails do not exist". It was not elaborated on as to if it was "they don't exist" or if they actually do not exist.

That said and as mentioned though, the burden of proof from what I've been told in court (and I don't get involved in the legal side of things) needs to be on the accusing parties side. I.E Those taking legal action would need to prove that the accussed actually physically sent the email, not that simply the email was sent from their account.

Anywho we are getting rather off topic aren't we! One thing I agree with you about though, is all the cross club contract talk. NRL need to look into this because there is more in the papers in regards to contract talk, than actual footy it seems these days.

Couple that with idiotic childish commentary and shameless Coles/Ch9 show promotion, and there is really not that much of the actual game going on eh!

MrInvisible said:
AFAIK the legal idea was dropped because it would get nowhere.

I'll sue you for terminating me from a job I really no longer want to be in (catch my drift?).

Earnie the Eagle said:
As to your opinion that emails do not exist, then the ones that the SMH have copies of must relate to something else then and fyi the program used to scan the computers was called Encase, google it.
Used Encase before, no longer use it after we started using FTK (which is the best of the best out there).

Still not as fun as pulling apart hard drives and doing data recovery though :)

Daniel said:
It seems an expensive exercise for a complete waste of time. It's tough for those apps to recover emails though, they more target files.
The biggest problem about an email paper train, is that in court it is generally hard to prove that lets say John Doe, actually physically sent the email that John Doe did.

It could say John Doe, but perhaps Billy Blogg sent it from John Does computer. After all Billy Bloggs knows John Does password because John Does forgetful and left a PostIt Note on his monitor with his password, or went home and didn't log his computer out.

Heck we've been called in to investigate incidents where a cleaner from a company sent an email from a CEOs account under false pretence.

FTR I do not work in federal law enforcement just to clarify that above comment.

Cameron said:

Vice versa I also have my contacts which have proven numerous times to be correct, and called the Hasler move well before it happened (verified on here with those who needed verification too).

The comment I got fed was that "the emails do not exist". It was not elaborated on as to if it was "they don't exist" or if they actually do not exist.

That said and as mentioned though, the burden of proof from what I've been told in court (and I don't get involved in the legal side of things) needs to be on the accusing parties side. I.E Those taking legal action would need to prove that the accussed actually physically sent the email, not that simply the email was sent from their account.

Anywho we are getting rather off topic aren't we! One thing I agree with you about though, is all the cross club contract talk. NRL need to look into this because there is more in the papers in regards to contract talk, than actual footy it seems these days.

Couple that with idiotic childish commentary and shameless Coles/Ch9 show promotion, and there is really not that much of the actual game going on eh!
you sir are a liar and have been shown up.
Look what pops in to sunday's paper hmmmm.
Toddy can deny it all he wants as i said this may not end up a civil mater

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/legal-eagles-sit-on-damaging-emails/story-e6frexnr-1226335147557

Legal Eagles sit on damaging emails
James Hooper
The Sunday Telegraph
April 22, 2012 12:00AM

THE grudge match between Manly and the Bulldogs always threatened to explode - and right on cue the grenades have been tossed.

The Sea Eagles board have sought legal advice over a series of what they claim are damaging emails incriminating former coach Des Hasler, Bulldogs CEO Todd Greenberg and player agent George Mimis.

Sea Eagles insiders have told The Sunday Telegraph that club solicitor Tim Unsworth is in possession of a trail of emails showing the Bulldogs knowingly induced Hasler into breaking his Manly contract last August - six weeks before the grand final.

Manly also allege Greenberg guaranteed Hasler the Bulldogs would cover his legal costs should the Sea Eagles sue him for damages.

This is something Greenberg strongly refutes.

Which brings us to the next hot item in the ever-widening chasm between the Bulldogs and the Sea Eagles - the fight to secure the signature of Manly's New Zealand international five-eighth Kieran Foran for next season.

Some Sea Eagles power brokers wanted to use the allegedly damaging emails to stop the Bulldogs' attempts to poach Foran.

The Sea Eagles even discussed as much at the board meeting at Manly Leagues club last month, where it was agreed that chairman Scott Penn should reach out to Bulldogs counterpart Ray Dib for a "sit down".

Manly powerbrokers are privately fuming after Penn did not immediately arrange the meeting with Dib, instead sailing off for a family holiday two weeks ago.

Imagine when Sea Eagles insiders learn what Penn initially told Hasler when confronted about the Bulldogs offering the premiership-winning coach a contract last year? "You should go," Penn told him.

This development will only further split the fault line that exists inside the Sea Eagles board room.

At the same time as Penn has been sailing the world and attending a wedding in Las Vegas, Foran let an unofficial deadline to sign with the Sea Eagles lapse two weeks ago and continues to weigh up his options.

The longer Foran delays a decision, the more people suspect he's going to join Hasler at Canterbury.

The Bulldogs have rubbed salt into the Sea Eagles' wounds by releasing a tongue-in-cheek T-shirt stating "Be Manly, be a Bulldog".

Another T-shirt that ended up on the cutting room floor was even more provocative.

The Bulldogs marketing department initially tossed up: "Catch a train, because we've got your coach."

It all just adds to the expectation that this will be the grudge match of the year next Friday night at ANZ Stadium.

Bring it on.

"Catch a train, because we've got your coach" is actually pretty funny.

The not so funny thing is the boardroom rumblings and alleged disatisfactions being played out in the media again. I thought we had moved past that.

bones said:
Cameron said:
MrInvisible said:

Or even God.

Tooth fairy 2 was funny

So the boardroom isn't united. The bs continues

Foran - Will he ? Won't he ?

I did enough contract law to know Greenberg has a case to answer. The main issue is whether Gallop will tolerate one NRL club destroying another in court.

Cameron, thanks for explaining your reasons for deactivation. I think there are quite a few of us feeling he same way.

Daniel said:
So the boardroom isn't united. The bs continues

One wonders why one of the other Board members couldn't get in touch with Dib, allowing the guy who pays all the bills to enjoy his pre-booked holiday in peace.

Eagles2nv said:
SMHs 2 cents worth. despite the stupid title it basically states that forans manager says foran is torn between the decision, the money is the same and he needs to take his time to make his decision.

Basically what we already know, here it is anyway.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/delay-fuels-manly-fears-foran-is-bound-for-dogs-20120420-1xcdw.html
Foran wont admit he has signed with them until the bulldogs game is over,if he signs with us it will be tommorow....but he has gone to the dogs my opinion.....

Townsville Eagle said:
To be honest, if it comes to it, I would rather keep the majority such as T-Rex, Matai, Balin, Stewart and lose Foran than keep Foran and lose the rest. Foran is a wonderful player but it is easier to be without one star than many.

Hope he stays but if he goes, he goes.

This.

As TE said, would prefer to keep T-Rex and co at this point in time.

Zorba just said on 2ky his "gut feeling is Foran and Stewart will stay and the big point is Liam as they are joined at the hip" his words

MrInvisible said:

Is that you Donald Rumsfeld ? Anyone for unknown knowns ?

Cameron said:
From an article you quoted in another thread:
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/eagles-to-obstruct-a-foran-defection-20120421-1xdoz.html#ixzz1sgcRSwX9
The Sun-Herald revealed in February that Manly were considering legal action against Hasler for breach of contract.
Points 2 and 3 straight out the window.

Note the words "WERE considering".

Cameron said:
* Edited. what part of no abuse is hard to understand? *
Look what pops in to sunday's paper hmmmm.
Toddy can deny it all he wants as i said this may not end up a civil mater

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/legal-eagles-sit-on-damaging-emails/story-e6frexnr-1226335147557

Legal Eagles sit on damaging emails
James Hooper
The Sunday Telegraph
April 22, 2012 12:00AM

THE grudge match between Manly and the Bulldogs always threatened to explode - and right on cue the grenades have been tossed.

The Sea Eagles board have sought legal advice over a series of what they claim are damaging emails incriminating former coach Des Hasler, Bulldogs CEO Todd Greenberg and player agent George Mimis.

Sea Eagles insiders have told The Sunday Telegraph that club solicitor Tim Unsworth is in possession of a trail of emails showing the Bulldogs knowingly induced Hasler into breaking his Manly contract last August - six weeks before the grand final.

Manly also allege Greenberg guaranteed Hasler the Bulldogs would cover his legal costs should the Sea Eagles sue him for damages.

This is something Greenberg strongly refutes.
FINALLY A FACT!!!

Which brings us to the next hot item in the ever-widening chasm between the Bulldogs and the Sea Eagles - the fight to secure the signature of Manly's New Zealand international five-eighth Kieran Foran for next season.

Some Sea Eagles power brokers wanted to use the allegedly damaging emails to stop the Bulldogs' attempts to poach Foran.

The Sea Eagles even discussed as much at the board meeting at Manly Leagues club last month, where it was agreed that chairman Scott Penn should reach out to Bulldogs counterpart Ray Dib for a "sit down".

Manly powerbrokers are privately fuming after Penn did not immediately arrange the meeting with Dib, instead sailing off for a family holiday two weeks ago.

Imagine when Sea Eagles insiders learn what Penn initially told Hasler when confronted about the Bulldogs offering the premiership-winning coach a contract last year? "You should go," Penn told him. ANOTHER FACT??

This development will only further split the fault line that exists inside the Sea Eagles board room.
Logically one can draw a line to that conclusion

At the same time as Penn has been sailing the world and attending a wedding in Las Vegas, Foran let an unofficial deadline to sign with the Sea Eagles lapse two weeks ago and continues to weigh up his options.

WOW hang on, too much fact here, this is work of fiction after all

The longer Foran delays a decision, the more people suspect he's going to join Hasler at Canterbury.
Yes they SUSPECT, much like most of this article

With all due respect to the above quote I just put in it's place, this is the greatest load of dribble I've had the displeasure of reading. Pretty much a trained monkey can write a Daily Telegraph article, because they seem to all come of the same template, with a few blanks filled in.

The key to such articles is to never name your sources and remain as vague as possible to avoid the papers lawyers copping a defamation lawsuit should someone get a bit angry.

According to <insider/powerbroker/officials inside the club/source> <player_name> *insert rumour from internet*. Off to press we go.

I've bolded all the areas of vagueness in this article.

Mr Invisible. It doesn't alter that Hasler is not the target of legal action. Perhaps you should trawl through some commercial law cases to see what happens when an entity is found to be inducing key personnel from another entity to break contract.

Won't hold up anyway. A precedent was set with the Aussie home loans guy that left and started a new business taking a whole lot of blokes with him

Matas, Just how illegal is inducing someone to break a contract?. And what are the penalties that are applied is it just financial. It would be nice if they could Hang one of these people LOL.

"You should go," Penn told him.

So thats the "get out" clause everyone has been talking about !!!!!!!!

conanu said:
Matas, Just how illegal is inducing someone to break a contract?. And what are the penalties that are applied is it just financial. It would be nice if they could Hang one of these people LOL.

Damages would be payable. And what NRL club is a bottomless pit of finances?

Oh except for the Broncos and Storm.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12