The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
+ 1. wanted to be part of the history books. foran signing with manly and the 1000 post thread. a manly win will make this a great day.

I am going to close the thread at 999 just to be an a$$hole

**Ive edited your post for language, but moreso because I had the same thought as you and you beat me to it**

When we hit 1000 posts are we going to have Millenium Bug style issues? Does it mean my microwave will start thinking it's a fridge?

bones said:
Reynolds is quite good. It's their halfback that is crap. I reckon Des wanted Foran to play 7.

I reckon this whole pursuit of Foran has been a ruse from the beginning. When the dislickers wanted De$ they intentionally spread the rumour that they were chasing Ricky Stuart.

I reckon their real target all along has been T-Rex and they have sent Manly on a wild goose chase after Foran, bumping up what we pay him so we can't then match them for T-Rex.

Daniel said:
Im devastated, I don't know what we are going to speculate on now

It will be T-rex, the Stewart bros, Matai, Ballin, lussick, etc,etc,etc even the ones not off-contract. Then the media will then hone in on our "fractured board", then senior group apparently being at loggerheads with the board and blah, blah blah. Oh, wait a minute that's already starting to happen.

Well done for Manly retaining Foran (if indeed true). Of course it will come at the cost of a few other high profile players (I dare say) and potentially his brothers career.

Just goes to show money is stronger than family !

Might help having a strong halves combination, but with a few players to be pushed out, an ageing side, and very little NSW Cup/Toyota Cup depth, sooner or later there will be bigger issues than signing up 3 players on huge contracts.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ricciardi and Foran (Liam) look elsewhere now, as theres no space for them in NRL at Manly short of an injury. That also means an injury to either halves player for Manly could be bad.

Ralphie said:
bones said:
Reynolds is quite good. It's their halfback that is crap. I reckon Des wanted Foran to play 7.

I reckon this whole pursuit of Foran has been a ruse from the beginning. When the dislickers wanted De$ they intentionally spread the rumour that they were chasing Ricky Stuart.

I reckon their real target all along has been T-Rex and they have sent Manly on a wild goose chase after Foran, bumping up what we pay him so we can't then match them for T-Rex.

Interesting theory - a bit convoluted, but interesting. If they get T-Rex they will seriously have to adjust their forward pack balance, too many "power" forwards IMO.

69 to go people

MrInvisible said:
Well done for Manly retaining Foran (if indeed true). Of course it will come at the cost of a few other high profile players (I dare say) and potentially his brothers career.

Might help having a strong halves combination, but with a few players to be pushed out, an ageing side, and very little NSW Cup/Toyota Cup depth, sooner or later there will be bigger issues than signing up 3 players on huge contracts.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ricciardi and Foran (Liam) look elsewhere now, as theres no space for them in NRL at Manly short of an injury. That also means an injury to either halves player for Manly could be bad.
Thanks for your input on OUR TEAM you should be more concerned about your coach getting sued now admitting in the media of enticing players to sigb with ghe dogs while still contracted to Manly but please now go back to your kennel to discuss with the inbreds

MrInvisible said:

Thanks for nothing. Today I'm happy, tomorrow I'll be happy. Get used to it.

MrInvisible said:

Your post shows just how much class you have Mr Invisible. You and the Bulldogs are a perfect fit.

MrInvisible said:

Yes - we need an abundance of quality halves in the team "just in case"

Liam has not made the grade - because he doesn't make the grade, he is a journey man at best IMO. A bit of sour grapes with that money v family statement.

I've been on the fence with you and your posting but I think your facade cracked a little in that post

ManlyBacker said:
MrInvisible said:

Thanks for nothing. Today I'm happy, tomorrow I'll be happy. Get used to it.

What a mean spirited post Mr I - where is your "reasonable man" persona now?

We may well lose a couple of players, but don't discount us keeping Liam if Matty Ballin is forced out. Also Higgins can play.

This just came on the @manlyseaeagles twitter account.

"We're in final discussions with Kieran Foran about his future with the Sea Eagles, but no deal has been signed yet." - David Perry #gomanly

I'm still waiting for it to be official.

Manly coach Geoff Toovey confirms Kieran Foran's three-year, $1.95 million deal with Sea Eagles
by: Tyson Otto From: The Daily Telegraph April 27, 2012 9:09AM

He's laughing: Kieran Foran (left) has knocked back the really big bucks to stick with partner-in-crime Daly Cherry-Evans (centre) at Manly. Picture: Gregg Porteous Source: The Daily Telegraph

MANLY coach Geoff Toovey has this morning confirmed star five-eighth Kieran Foran has re-signed with the club.

Ahead of tonight's blockbuster between the Sea Eagles and their former coach Des Hasler's Bulldogs at ANZ Stadium, Toovey said it is an incredible show of support for Manly's post-Hasler administration that both Foran and halfback Daly Cherry-Evans have re-signed with the club this year.

The Daily Telegraph understands Foran has rejected a massive offer from the Bulldogs and agreed to a three-year deal worth about $650,000 a season with the Sea Eagles.

Speaking on Sky Sports Radio's The Big Sports Breakfast this morning, Toovey said Foran is capable of taking his game to another level with the Sea Eagles over the next few years.

mcatt said:

"We're in final discussions with Kieran Foran about his future with the Sea Eagles, but no deal has been signed yet." - David Perry #gomanly

That is very disappointing. This could be a major stuff up...

MrInvisible said:

So Manly should have let Kieran go just so they could keep Liam? LMAO

mcatt said:

We'll make 2000 posts if that is the case

MrInvisible said:

Most clubs have pretty crappy back up halves. So thanks for pointing out the bleeding obvious that if we get a injury to one of our key play makers we might struggle. Next you will be saying if the Storm lose either Slater, Cronk or Smith they will struggle.

• 👍
Reactions: PJ

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10