The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For all those getting sentimental about Foz leaving, there's a reason why this thread is 583 pages long - a really, really negative one. He redeemed himself somewhat in the last two years but he's no Beaver or Cliffy or Wombat or Snake.
C'est la vie

Chances are it will be. You can’t put a price on experience and the Rabbits are finding out the hard way. Better the devil you know and whilst Foran might be getting on a bit, he is still producing exceptional footy every week for Manly.

Very sad that he can’t retire at the Eagles. Looks like my second team will be the Titans next year. I hope he absolutely kills it!
Exactly, with Reynolds Cody is shown up.
My concern with Foran leaving is the calmer, organised aspect.
DCE is no organiser, prior to Fozs return, all these posters now saying Foz leaving is the best thing for the club would have been the same posters lamenting not having a decent 5/8 for DCE yo fully reach his talents. We went through an horrendous period with 5/8s

Now Shu is a star in the making no doubt, but a green Shu with off the cuff plays and headless chook version of DCE could well be a disaster halve pairing.

He's gone and at least this time it's amicably. Good luck to him I hope it works out well for him. But seriously we won't win a premiership until we change Croker #9, Foz #6, Harper #4 & Parker #3 from last year and this. Foz got blown away by Luke Garner ffs yesterday. It's time to assemble a premiership competitive side. I just hope but doubt we have a premiership capable coach for this era.

Life is hard, and often unfair. Its the best outcome for the participants in the circumstances. The question of whether Foz can achieve a 2nd premiership in his career, is now dependent entirely on what happens the remainder of this season. Because, at the Tits he. . . . .. . .

Yes, he should have finished up with Manly. Yes, he and DCE belong together in the same team. Foz's direct play, and DCE's free style with miraculous kicking complement each other. Foz should not have left in the first place. But its easy to have 20-20 vision after the fact. Yes Dan, sell them the Forum - at the end of the year, and the Titans fans can complete the story. Gotta be worth $10 k !! @;)

I think he'll learn to temper his game with continued NRL experience. Also, we have Weekes waiting in the wings.
Time will tell, but fans should expect a few frustrating moments along the way, will it cost us games who knows, buy if I does I can see the captain hindsights screaming why we let Foz go

For all those getting sentimental about Foz leaving, there's a reason why this thread is 583 pages long - a really, really negative one. He redeemed himself somewhat in the last two years but he's no Beaver or Cliffy or Wombat or Snake.
C'est la vie
Foz has walked a redemption story and I have absolute respect for the man for doing so. We are human and we all make mistakes (it's part of the human condition)... and yep, even those great club legends have/had their own demons, though they were not played out in their footy worlds like Foz'. How do you have any compassion or forgiveness towards your own human faults if this is your attitude?

Playing for a rival NRL team seems to be a bit of a curse for Foz. Anyways, wish him well on the Gold Coast but not against us. Got a feeling it's been a huge weight on his shoulders for the past couple of days, now the cats out of the bag, he can concentrate on steering Manly to a GF in 22.

Just a pity that he will almost certainly miss out on 200 FG games for the Sea Eagles.

Mind you that removes a conundrum for the club. 200 FG games (of course) normally means automatic life membership. I think there are probably some former greats who resent how Kieran dragged the club through the ringer 6-7 years ago. I know I do.

However I would have preferred it if he had finished up here.

Foz has walked a redemption story and I have absolute respect for the man for doing so. We are human and we all make mistakes (it's part of the human condition)... and yep, even those great club legends have/had their own demons, though they were not played out in their footy worlds like Foz'. How do you have any compassion or forgiveness towards your own human faults if this is your attitude?
We may have slightly different versions of redemption. He's paid to stay fit and play footy and he's done that this time around. He really really stuffed the club first time around and has made no mention of the way he left in all his redemption stories. Yes I admire his tenacity both on the field and in addressing his demons off it. And if you read my earlier posts - I don't expect you to, all a bit tedious - you'd see I love having Foz in the team. But it's not like he's not going to a better paid job and it's not like he wouldn't have been in Super League or playing doorman at a pub if Manly (and Brenda) hadn't rescued him in the first place.
He'll be fine.
We'll be fine.
C'est la vie says this old folk ...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11