The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Interesting…

———
Foran has played 246 NRL games, primarily for the Manly Sea Eagles, and won two Premierships across two stints with the club.
———

I wonder if they are counting 2013 when we were robbed or if they are assuming we will win this year…?

The club sees these blokes everyday, and is in the best position to know when either time is nie, or what is the best fit for the team moving forward

Have to remember DCE is also mid 30s next year.

Need one eye on the future, and transition not a rebuild.
I am a little surprised that he didn’t stay at manly with des for say 350 a season and sign one year at a time. He’s failed anywhere but at manly.

If we don't do something drastic our promising roster will fade to dust.

We must add high quality players to our list and fast.
It’d be nice, it’s just not gonna happen though. When you’ve got Tom and Daly on 1.2 - 1.3m plus, and you still have to fit another 28 players under the cap, you can see why it’s impossible. He’s leaving Melbourne for that very reason...they can’t afford to pay him 1.2M a year because they’ve already got money tied up in Pappy, Grant and Hughes, who collectively are on the equivalent of DCE and Turbo.

They’ve had to say goodbye to Brandon Smith too. You can bet if we had 1.2M to spend on Munster, Des would have paid the 400k to keep Foran, but the cap is stretched to breaking point...

I wasn't overly thrilled when he returned after all that went down and his injuries but this last year and a half has restored him as a Manly man in my view.

I think its the right call and wish him all the best at the GC. He'll certainly get Fifita firing.

Foz gets it, you always need 1 eye on the present and one of the future but lets all hope we can now send out Foz with a Premiership

So there it is, confirmed.
I just hope this doesn't turn out to be another Appi at hooker mistake, letting the established go for a young star we hardly see on the field.

Sad to see Foran leave always wanted him back and he proved his worth.
Chances are it will be. You can’t put a price on experience and the Rabbits are finding out the hard way. Better the devil you know and whilst Foran might be getting on a bit, he is still producing exceptional footy every week for Manly.

Very sad that he can’t retire at the Eagles. Looks like my second team will be the Titans next year. I hope he absolutely kills it!

It’d be nice, it’s just not gonna happen though. When you’ve got Tom and Daly on 1.2 - 1.3m plus, and you still have to fit another 28 players under the cap, you can see why it’s impossible. He’s leaving Melbourne for that very reason...they can’t afford to pay him 1.2M a year because they’ve already got money tied up in Pappy, Grant and Hughes, who collectively are on the equivalent of DCE and Turbo.

They’ve had to say goodbye to Brandon Smith too. You can bet if we had 1.2M to spend on Munster, Des would have paid the 400k to keep Foran, but the cap is stretched to breaking point...

I agree 100% - I am just saying our current roster isn't going to do it, its that simple.

I agree 100% - I am just saying our current roster isn't going to do it, its that simple.
I’m inclined to agree with you Bob. Personally, I think there is an obvious issue at 9 to fix. We are solid out of dummy half but not premiership material. Then there’s the forwards, who outside of Jake T, Haumole and to an extent, Aloiai, are powder puff.

Hey @Snake maybe we could get Foz to flip and punt DCE.

Sorry thats a bad joke - but its not like it hasnt happened in the past.

I’m inclined to agree with you Bob. Personally, I think there is an obvious issue at 9 to fix. We are solid out of dummy half but not premiership material. Then there’s the forwards, who outside of Jake T, Haumole and to an extent, Aloiai, are powder puff.

I like Haumole too, hopefully Shcuster gets over his current run of injuries but when you look at Penriff with the players they have outside their top 17 we are at least 2 or 3 players short, and thats with Walker and Foz in the line up.

Foz gets it, you always need 1 eye on the present and one of the future but lets all hope we can now send out Foz with a Premiership
It is building towards that fairytale!
Manly as underdogs defeat the Eels in the grand final! (I know, apologies to all who have patiently explained that only Panthers and Storm can make this year's decider) :)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10