The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Watching Foran today live and now on the TV, proves to me that Manly have 100% done the right thing by not signing him for 2 years at inflated mid price salary.

Completely burnt for speed in the first half by a forward was embarrassing.

Burbo proved he is here to stay in first grade - imagine how good it will be having Schuster at 5/8 th giving him great ball.

Foran will be excellent backup for Schuster when he is not playing, however the time is now for the changeover

Good luck to Kieran on his retirement in the Gold Coast. The perfect way to end his career.

SHOOSH

Drama at the Manly Sea Eagles over the club’s handling of popular five-eighth Kieran Foran’s contract negotiations in recent weeks. A number of players are not happy about him leaving at the end of the season to join the Titans and that the club didn’t try harder to keep him.

Source. Daily Telegraph

SHOOSH

Drama at the Manly Sea Eagles over the club’s handling of popular five-eighth Kieran Foran’s contract negotiations in recent weeks. A number of players are not happy about him leaving at the end of the season to join the Titans and that the club didn’t try harder to keep him.

Source. Daily Telegraph
As predictable as it is funny.Of course players are going to be disappointed about him leaving because he’s a friend,but it’s hardly going to rock the club,as I suspect the likes of Buzz are going to suggest in the coming days

SHOOSH

Source. Daily Telegraph
Thanks Phil Wombat.

I suspect anyone on ST that get a bit upset at innuendo and BS written or said in the media about Manly,better strap themselves in for the next week or two because it could be a rocky ride.No doubt someone like Buzz will hear that,for e.g. DCE,is upset Foran is leaving,as naturally you would as a close friend.But the media will be insinuating that he and anyone else for that matter that suggests they’re upset,that there’s turmoil at Manly because they chose a 21 year old over a 32 year old.This will be classic NewsCorp journalism,so just take a few valiums and feel free to express the facts to Buzz and co about the situation and we’ll all get through this together
Here’s the place to vent your frustration
[email protected]

To be honest of he has good on him. His service for our club has been far above his service for any other. When he came back he had immediate impact and it's been great. Let him go and get his last big contract he deserves it and I wish him well. We need to start looking to the future and in all honesty foz isn't that future
and at a reported $800K a season - 2 year contract - I think the money could be best spent in other areas

So it went from $750K to $800K overnight now. Shows how much sh*t these pickled media assclowns make up to push a story. If he's gone then good luck to him but I don't want us losing a Weekes, Humphreys, Koula because we overpaid someone at the back end of their career. We've already had enough of that with what we paying DCE, Turbo, Jurbo and Marty.

W
I think it’s $800k in total.
Weedler reporting today his contact with the tits is $750k pa

Foran to take Titans deal, but kids a concern​

Last week, we suggested the Titans would be part of the Kieran Foran mix. Not surprisingly, they have now come in for the veteran Manly five-eighth with a two-year deal worth $750k a year.

We revealed that Manly’s cap would be tight and that Foran would likely be squeezed out. Foran was shopped around but the Titans were the only side that made a firm offer for two years.

We could not afford that for a player who is 33 next year and past his best

The tits were the only team interested in Foran for the next two years and the way they are playing this year no wonder as they are desperate

Problem for the tits as that once you take Foran out of Manly he will fall apart and only play a few games

W

Weedler reporting today his contact with the tits is $750k pa

Foran to take Titans deal, but kids a concern​

Last week, we suggested the Titans would be part of the Kieran Foran mix. Not surprisingly, they have now come in for the veteran Manly five-eighth with a two-year deal worth $750k a year.

We revealed that Manly’s cap would be tight and that Foran would likely be squeezed out. Foran was shopped around but the Titans were the only side that made a firm offer for two years.

We could not afford that for a player who is 33 next year and past his best

The tits were the only team interested in Foran for the next two years and the way they are playing this year no wonder as they are desperate

Problem for the tits as that once you take Foran out of Manly he will fall apart and only play a few games
That’s not what they had been reporting before. If it’s $750k a season then he doesn’t have much choice but to take it and we don’t have much choice but to let him go.

Someone wants to pay Foran $750k per season? Why? A typo? Suddenly he is in demand? Highlights the manifest dearth of quality halves in NRL. As exemplified by several matches this round, esp Canberra Dogs, lol.

When the dust settles Foran will be seen a Manly premiership winning champion whose life for a time went off the rails, whose injuries curtailed his stellar career, but who righfully returned to the Sea Eagles and everything broken was mended... except his battered body.

I'm pleased to think Manly offered him a deal for next season but also happy if it was not a very big offer.

Bottom line is he is here this year and he will do everything in his power to get us as far as possible in this year's comp. Sounds pretty good to me.

I hate to see Foz go but I believe it's a win-win deal. Assuming Foz's body holds up he is exactly the sort of player who could ignite GC. He may be the key that helps unlock Fifi and gives the younger spine some direction and confidence. It is a risk though, and we have yet to see Foz really perform away from Manly, but hey, nobody expected his body to hold up these past two years... If he's going I wish him well (which is a far cry from what I wishing him when he left Manly the first time)

Someone wants to pay Foran $750k per season? Why? A typo? Suddenly he is in demand? Highlights the manifest dearth of quality halves in NRL. As exemplified by several matches this round, esp Canberra Dogs, lol.

When the dust settles Foran will be seen a Manly premiership winning champion whose life for a time went off the rails, whose injuries curtailed his stellar career, but who righfully returned to the Sea Eagles and everything broken was mended... except his battered body.

I'm pleased to think Manly offered him a deal for next season but also happy if it was not a very big offer.

Bottom line is he is here this year and he will do everything in his power to get us as far as possible in this year's comp. Sounds pretty good to me.
I believe that’s over two seasons, with the crux being it is for two seasons, rather than one.

If Weidler’s reporting is accurate, he is taking a big risk with his family life, notwithstanding the promise of a role at the Titans after his playing days are over.

This has all the makings of his 2016-2020 ‘lost years’.

Last edited:
I was really REALLY pissed off the last time he left and dissed him constantly in the years he was away ( which were abject failures) and declared I was unhappy that he was coming back.

He’s however done his job , with a couple of outstanding games but as some have said at 33 he’s slowing down dramatically and that’s only going to get worse.

So whilst sad to see him go, for the money ( his last contract ) he’s making a smart move.

How it works moving away from family ( I imagine that’s how it will work as it’s just two seasons ) I just don’t know.

750 a year is a no-brainer, he has to take it. For that money he can charter a plane for the kids to fly up every week.

Also he doesn't have full time custody right? And he would play in Sydney every other week anyway, so easy to visit them.

I think with his new family the kids are older.

Its 400k a season over two years, not 750k a season.

Take the money I say Foz, he in my eyes gained respect of club and fans manly after ****fight of eels exit and everything to go with it.
We need to bring through all these kids seen yesterday Koula, Ben turbo talent is here. Schuster at 6 Hamuole developing into one of best backrowers in game.
Thanks for everything Foz tough as nails loved the way he goes about everything.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10