The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

StuBoot

Bencher
Mark from Brisbane said:
The " Lurker " is on the job again, says if Chic goes we will lose Snake and Skivvy.

The cupboard may be a bit bare in 2015!!

WTF??

Four best mates, two of which are brothers going to four different clubs and
maybe the fifth amigo going to another one, yep, that makes sense.

Can anyone really see the club releasing three 10 year players all at once?

ManlyMit

Reserve Grader
Check out this beauty from the lurker at sportal

Foran to leave Sea Eagles

OUR mail out of Manly is generally spot-on.
So when this juicy nugget of gossip arrived on the desk from our regular Brookvale mole, we knew it was worth reporting.
Kieran Foran WILL quit Manly after his contract expires at the end of next season.
Where will he end up? Try South Sydney, alongside his mate Glenn Stewart.

LOL

niccipops

un echidna spillo mia bevanda
Premium Member
I don't think they'd release all 3. Doesn't make sense to me.
Not much that happens in the NRL does these days though.:rolleyes:
I'd not release anyone from their contract except for Choc who is reported to be pushing for it.
A release for Matai could be understandable given his family situation. I love the way that guy plays for us so I really hope he stays.
Snake has 2 years on his contract. Manly would be nuts to release him.

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
I wouldn't release any of them. Stuff them, they signed contracts to play with us for next year and that's exactly what they should do. If any of them wants to whinge and cry to the media then I'd terminate their contracts with no payout at all and make sure they don't play anywhere else till the end of their commitments. I'm sick of hearing players are homesick or family reasons or whatever. It's all bullsht they just want to move on from one club to another because someone is enticing them with bigger pay days, enducing them to break existing contracts. They are supposed to be professional athletes so act like it, suck it up princesses, shut your mouths and play football which is what you are payed to do.

niccipops

un echidna spillo mia bevanda
Premium Member
mickqld said:
I wouldn't release any of them. Stuff them, they signed contracts to play with us for next year and that's exactly what they should do. If any of them wants to whinge and cry to the media then I'd terminate their contracts with no payout at all and make sure they don't play anywhere else till the end of their commitments. I'm sick of hearing players are homesick or family reasons or whatever. It's all bullsht they just want to move on from one club to another because someone is enticing them with bigger pay days, enducing them to break existing contracts. They are supposed to be professional athletes so act like it, suck it up princesses, shut your mouths and play football which is what you are payed to do.

Tell us what you really think.
Love your work Mick.:)

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
mickqld said:

Mick you bloody ball tearer you are ON FIRE!!

Ryan

Journey Man
The thing that pisses me off about Kieran, is he comes across as an entitled, selfish little prick. If he doesn't get what he wants, he throws all his toys out of the cot, and attempts to pull rank over those that pay him & have moulded his career.

I think Kirean is one of the biggest destabilising factors in the team - forget Choc for a minute.

Like I said above, the "some days I love it here, some days I want to leave" comments, then the "I was one day away from signing with The Bulldogs", then it was the, "I had a clearing of the air conversation with Tooves, to tell him I was upset at the club".

Honestly, what the hell dude?

The way he played towards the end of the season, he should have to prove to Toovey that he should be in first grade, let alone telling everyone how he thinks things should be run by the front office.

As I stated, all 5/8's in the top 8 are in, or left in better form than him, with his weak defense, flailing arms, slow line speed (at the end).

Everyone is riding Choc, but you know something about Choc? He's put in the yards & has somewhat of a right to want three years, instead of two. Foran had a few good years, surrounded by an outstanding team, but has whinged, complained, demanded and threatenned his way through the whole mess.

If Foran is umming and arring, I don't want him here simple as that. I'm not interested in paying him money. I'm not interested in his tantrums. I'm not interested in his opinions about management decisions. Let him & his huge salary cost The Rabbits (still a good chance of winning it this year) 3-4 players with his bloated contract. See how he fares without Lyon, Buhrer, Ballin, DCE and others around him.

I think we are ALL sick of the bull****. We ALL want to focus on footy, and our boys in maroon and white. Brett Stewart said it best, "Be Manly, don't be an XXXXX".

But do us all a favour Kieran. Phone Perry straight away, be a man about it, and tell him that you want out, and plan to leave, so we can transition forward. Surely you owe us fans & the club THAT, yeah?

The Who

Journey Man
Unless you know him personally, Ryan, I think your opinions are coloured by incorrect media reports and are flawed. From what I know of Kieran - and my son went to school with him - he is nothing like you say.

Ryan

Journey Man
The Who said:
Unless you know him personally, Ryan, I think your opinions are coloured by incorrect media reports and are flawed. From what I know of Kieran - and my son went to school with him - he is nothing like you say.

Incorrect media reports? All 500 of them?

I'm betting he's a different dude to the one your son knew at school. I've also seen him speaking publicly about this stuff. We all have.

Sorry, most of the time my opinion can be swayed. I love Manly, I just don't like the kids attitude. It appears to me at least he feels the world owes him a debt.

the mauler

Bencher
Ryan said:
The Who said:

I'm betting he's a different dude to the one your son knew at school. I've also seen him speaking publicly about this stuff. We all have.

Sorry, most of the time my opinion can be swayed. I love Manly, I just don't like the kids attitude. It appears to me at least he feels the world owes him a debt.

He seems like a loyal kid to me. He resigned last time because he couldn't leave his mates behind and loved the club.
Now one of his great mates Gifty has been shafted by the club and he's devastated.
It's only natural to feel a little dissillusioned with the situation.

Mavin

Bencher
the mauler said:
Ryan said:
The Who said:

Now one of his great mates Gifty has been shafted by the club and he's devastated.

How's he been shafted by the club? He is out of contract and we haven't offered him a new 1 that isn't shafting to me.

the mauler

Bencher
Mavin said:
the mauler said:
Ryan said:
The Who said:

How's he been shafted by the club? He is out of contract and we haven't offered him a new 1 that isn't shafting to me.

He waited 8 months for an offer which never came. That's shafted in my book after 12 years loyal service.
He didn't want a kings ransom like some, he was willing to stay for unders because he loved the joint.
The club botched it well and truly.

Mavin

Bencher
the mauler said:
Mavin said:
the mauler said:
Ryan said:
The Who said:

He waited 8 months for an offer which never came. That's shafted in my book after 12 years loyal service.
He didn't want a kings ransom like some, he was willing to stay for unders because he loved the joint.
The club botched it well and truly.

So what if he would play for unders the nrl would not accept it (only market value) even if we wanted to. The club decided to re sign other (younger players) players which is their right. This is professional football he was well paid and will be well paid again next year.

joeboy

Bencher
They should've spoken to glenn about their intentions. Surely he deserved at least that!

At the very least it's not a good look for the club if players are gonna be treated like that at the end of their contracts, why would any player want to sign into that environment.

I agree with mauler. Pretty shoddy.

Mavin

Bencher
May be if 1 of his "best" mates (foran) only wanted $700,000 to re sign rather than a mill and if his brother (I'll throw DCE in as well) hadn't held out for more money when he re signed than Glenn could have been retained. Players don't seem to realize with a cap every dollar more they push for they are pushing a team mate out of the squad (or at least reducing his wages)
I do concede communication could have been better.

MadMarcus

Toovey for NRL CEO
I'm with @the_mauler and @joeboy on this one. The club made the right decision on Gift in my view but their handling of it left a lot to be desired.

Foz always struck me as a loyal sort of a bloke. I think he thinks the club could have handled Gift's situation better and I think he is right. I think that is why he is undecided on his future.

The best thing the club can do is acknowledge that it was a difficult situation but they could have handled it better, and hope that Foz is able to move on from it and stay.

EaglesDontTweet

Bencher
Premium Member
If you look at Kieran's history you will see that he came into the top side in June 2009 at the age of eighteen. A side that had won a premiership the previous year.

He started in firsts two years before DCE, and it's obvious Snake, Choc, Skivy and Gift took him under their wing. He went on to win the GF with these guys in 2011.

I think Kieran is in a bit of a crossroads position. He is only young and his mates are getting close to the end of their stellar careers. He has to transition from the kid that looked up to these guys to the senior player that continues the legacy.

And let's not forget that Killer was only a bit younger than Kieran when he walked on Parra and he is as solid as a rock now.

Most are sure that at least some of the player culling is to create room for DCE and Kieran and the youngsters. That would have to play on his mind and some could argue the case that he leaves rather than taking food off the plate of his mates.

I don't know the guy but my gut feeling is he is pretty genuine by nature and he will do his best not to let down the fans or his mates. That's why he will honour his contract to the end of next year which I give him credit for.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Foz has been at Manly for at least 7 years and been one of our best ever since he broke into top grade as a teen. If Ryan & co now want to turn on him for being honest then no wonder players need more than just loyalty to re-sign. Loyalty is two-way street.

Daddycool

Reserve Grader
As fans, it's easy to get wrapped up in the notion of "if you're not 100% for the club, your against it".

There are plenty of considerations; good culture, talented team mates, coaching staff and lifestyle etc… However, the bottom line for most of the players is, they need to keep playing as long as they can to earn their money. It really just depends on where the player's career is at, as to which of these factors is most important.

As I've said before, Kieran is young and impressionable. The fact he nearly went to the dogs had more to do with a young bloke who couldn't see himself saying no to his old coach. He stayed because he was convinced that, the company of his teammates was better that a manipulative former coach.

Even though he was torn between staying or going back then, I still wanted him to stay. I still hope he stays now. It would be in the clubs best interests to play it smart and give him some time to clear his head. Hopefully he doesn't make any decisions on his future until later next year. The longer it goes, I think the greater chance, he'll stay.

In any case, whatever happens, the club has plenty of options. He might leave or he might stay, we'll just have to wait and see.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
12 9 3 83 22
13 10 3 80 22
13 9 4 110 20
12 7 5 64 18
12 7 5 -37 18
13 7 6 133 16
13 7 6 47 16
13 7 6 -34 16
13 6 6 27 15
13 6 6 26 15