The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
the only offer any club should make to him is base salary plus match payments-make the match payments high, as long as he finishes the game he gets a bonus

With the uncertainty with Fainu and some issues with our game management(even though I hate the way he left) I would actually sign him to play a Cam Smith type role at dummy half.
Has the smarts and vision as well as the kicking game,would not have to do a lot of running which would help with his injury issues and work more as a defender,allowing him to help with the organizing of the side.Would not expect him to have to do the front up defense all the time (Cam Smith seems to manage it).
Even if Fainu was back,could allow Fainu to come off the bench....
Foran’s body would be no chance of holding up playing at hooker in the middle of the park.

Interesting suggestion to consider Foran in a 9 role . Not really sure whether he would have the same opportunity to direct play so close to the ruck area and how close he would be prepared to take the ball to the defensive line with some bigger bodies in the middle to contend with . Still think also that a a fairly high work rate in defence is still an imperative in the middle , Just look how much we are missing Api in the middle now and Fainu was becoming no slouch there in a defensive role either . If he is asking 300 k or so , think that he would be out of range in any case and taking into account that Cust has already been re signed and maybe the club is still wishing to make a play for young Hoppa . Maybe [or depending ] after today"s court hearing for Fainu , the 9 situation for next year and beyond will come into some sharper focus [ no pun intended ]

People on here blowing up about Turbos return on investment want to go sign Foran to 700k over two years for the likely 9 games he'll play??

I can just imagine August next year, people would be scathing of the club whilst Foran is on the sidelines and some young rookie 5/8 strings 3 good hames together elsewhere

If foran couold stay uninjured, then he would be a decent signing (if at the right price).

But the last 5 years we have had season after season derailed with injuries. I just cant see us getting the value out of Foz. Its not like he has had a couple good years relatively injury free like Snake did post knee injuries.

I also dont see us keeping Walks, esp if Baz is chasing him. We need to free up cap, so technically there is space for him.

My biggest question is Schuey, why is he not considered. My only thoguht it Des wants to bulk him up a bit to play in Thommo's role in 2nd row.

IF:

-Fainu is found not guilty;
-Tom can play a full season uninjured;
-Cust is our starting 5/8th;

Then we are a top 4 team.

That's all that needs to happen for us to have a shot at the premiership next year.

We have plenty of talented young cattle coming through who will get their opportunities to prove themselves next season.

We don't need to go on the market & pay overs out of desperation due to our current legal & injury crisis.

IF:

-Fainu is found not guilty;
-Tom can play a full season uninjured;
-Cust is our starting 5/8th;

Then we are a top 4 team.

That's all that needs to happen for us to have a shot at the premiership next year.

We have plenty of talented young cattle coming through who will get their opportunities to prove themselves next season.

We don't need to go on the market & pay overs out of desperation due to our current legal & injury crisis.
Walker back to Centre I agree

The planets are aligning for a return
There are plenty of negotiations going on already
Everything in the NRL is very fluid these days, so we may be in for a surprise or 2
KF is actually a pretty good fit for us on and off the park....not to mention the fairytale ;)

Correct me if im wrong but hasn't Foran played 11 of 14 games this year? Not bad at all! And if you look at his stats regarding try assists, forced drop outs and line break assists he is still high on the list playing in a team running dead last. He would be a massive signing and a bargain price at 1 mil over 3 years. Especially considering we pay chez that for 1 year

Even if we lose Walker to the Dogs, I think we've got plenty of resources from within that can take his place.

What we really need IMO, is consistency in our starting line up. Once we can field our starting 13 every week we'll be a force to be reckoned with.
No team fields their top 13 regularly. Just look at the list of injuries and suspensions. We have been luckier than most clubs so far this season, and yet we are 10th and sinking.
Our problem is that Turbo is 80% of our attack. Other top clubs have an array of attacking options, including the kick.
I find it galling that our two potentially best attacking players are not being selected. That may change for one of them next week..... for the Worriers!

No team fields their top 13 regularly. Just look at the list of injuries and suspensions. We have been luckier than most clubs so far this season, and yet we are 10th and sinking.
Our problem is that Turbo is 80% of our attack. Other top clubs have an array of attacking options, including the kick.
I find it galling that our two potentially best attacking players are not being selected. That may change for one of them next week..... for the Worriers!

You never answered my last question to you re: what other teams were you referring to have played most of this season without their starting 1, 6 & 9?

In what way have we been luckier than most clubs so far this season when we've played most of it without our starting 1, 6 & 9?

You never answered my last question to you re: what other teams were you referring to have played most of this season without their starting 1, 6 & 9?

In what way have we been luckier than most clubs so far this season when we've played most of it without our starting 1, 6 & 9?
Dogs, Donkeys, Raiders, Sharks, Knights, Illawarra, Cowboys, Worriors, Tigers, Easts, Titans and now Storm. All of these clubs have been missing 1,6, and 9s for substantial stretches.
I'd say that the teams least affected by injury and suspensions are: Doesn'tmatta, the 'Riff and Souffs.
I also feel it it stretching the argument to say we've been missing our No. 9. We knew the Blade Runner wouldn't be available before the season started and Levi has played every match.
The reason I believe we are struggling this season is because Turbo is 4/5th of our attack. Without him our average backline looks the most insipid in the comp. I believe Turbo has a greater bearing on the fortunes of our team than any other single player in the NRL - and that includes Scam Smith.
Our best 17 is a top 4 team, but rarely can you put them onto the field. The reserves that DESpicable keeps selecting are simply not up to standard. That's why I keep advocating to give some of our other top 36 a chance.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8