The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think it was up until '74 that you could sit in the Western Stand, anywhere you liked (that was not taken), for GA money. It was first come first serve. Commercialization of the game, and certainly "4 Pines Park" began around then. Bozo, won so many games for MWSE, by himself almost, and he was 'professional'. Consequently when he was offered a 'professional contract' at Easts, late '76, he did the professional thing - it was a cruel blow that shook my faith in the world. How could Bozo leave us ? Straight after winning yet another GF? Consternation up and down the peninsula. Not everything about those days was great.

T'was painful I know but we still won the premiership the year after he left. And besides he returned to coach Manly to 2 premierships bring Packer along to increase the monies we needed to bring in some of the best talent. I forgave him for his Benedict Arnold betrayal. He was past his prime anyway.. And remember he brought Des to Manly, though the last couple of years diminished the Dazzler's outstanding reputation a might

A future Manly coach?

On Manly:
“... Manly have been so wonderful to me over my career ... “I love the area, love the place and would never rule out going back there at some point in the future.”

On his future:
“So I’d like think I’d stay involved in rugby league in some capacity — that’s probably what I’ll end up doing for the rest of my life provided there’s opportunities for me.”

I forgot he only played a handful of games for Parra.

I guess playing for them made him want to retire early as he could see how much of a rabble the club are.

One interesting thing about Foran (who was never my favourite player after the What-now drama)......

Guac, T-Rex, and Fifita,,,, what do they all have in common?

Foran seems to have a knack/talent for unlocking potential in edge runners. I know everyone on here says DCE is the problem - but instead on focusing on how bad DCE is, it is worth refelcting on the skills and quality of Foran to release the potential in these guys. He certainly had an ability to give people time and space and early ball, and fire them up.

A future coach? I could certainly see it....

A future Manly coach?

On Manly:
“... Manly have been so wonderful to me over my career ... “I love the area, love the place and would never rule out going back there at some point in the future.”

On his future:
“So I’d like think I’d stay involved in rugby league in some capacity — that’s probably what I’ll end up doing for the rest of my life provided there’s opportunities for me.”

Seemed to be a rather honest and 'raw' account of things. Interesting read.

A future Manly coach?

On Manly:

On his future:
Thanks for posting this.

Agree with it or not, and putting aside it needed a good edit, this was one of the most interesting NRL news stories i've read in years. Good on Foran and the journo.

I would support Foran coming back to Manly as a coach. Not that you can really pick which current players will later turn out to be first grade coaches.

Surely Dce and Foran our are future coaches
They compliment each other so well. I think DCE's weakness is that I don't think he is great at motivating those around him, but Foran has that in spades. I think Foran's weakness is that he could be tempted into bad habits, but DCE is straight as an arrow... Maybe co-coaches? I have heard of sillier ideas.

They compliment each other so well. I think DCE's weakness is that I don't think he is great at motivating those around him, but Foran has that in spades. I think Foran's weakness is that he could be tempted into bad habits, but DCE is straight as an arrow... Maybe co-coaches? I have heard of sillier ideas.
According to Shoe's account DCE was inspirational in motivating him to train harder and focus in getting his body right. So credit where it's due.

I think DCE has a good vision and is perfect for keeping a firing team stable, calm and collected. On the other hand Foz tends to embody a vision, leading by example when the team isn't firing.

Foran is good at inspiring the team when they are down, and DCE is good at unifying a team when they are up. They are great in tandem. Reckon they'd form a great coaching duo.

Foz is so consistent in what he does so players around him know exactly where to be, when to be there and what they should be doing. This simplifies every ones job and lets them commit with maximum intensity.

DCE looks like he is improvising every play. When it goes well it confuses defenders. When it goes poorly it confuses his support runners.

Two very different styles and it's why they complimented each other so well.

Schu is an exciting one because he seems to be able to combine both styles.

The Gold Coast Titans can confirm Kieran Foran will be rested from Saturday’s Round 14 clash against the Rabbitohs after courageously battling through injury over the past month.

Sustaining a ruptured ligament in his plantar plate in the Titans’ Round 9 victory against the Sea Eagles, the 272-game veteran has bravely played through the pain in the last three weeks, including starring in a man of the match performance against Parramatta the week following at Magic Round.

The chance to rest Foran and have him recover to be ready to bring his vast array of experience as the side gears up for the backend of the season is why coach Justin Holbrook has made the decision to sideline the star.

Foran will miss this weekend and next Thursday's home game against the Tigers, before preparing to return for the Titans' Round 17 clash against the Broncos.

The Gold Coast Titans can confirm Kieran Foran will be rested from Saturday’s Round 14 clash against the Rabbitohs after courageously battling through injury over the past month.

Sustaining a ruptured ligament in his plantar plate in the Titans’ Round 9 victory against the Sea Eagles, the 272-game veteran has bravely played through the pain in the last three weeks, including starring in a man of the match performance against Parramatta the week following at Magic Round.

The chance to rest Foran and have him recover to be ready to bring his vast array of experience as the side gears up for the backend of the season is why coach Justin Holbrook has made the decision to sideline the star.

Foran will miss this weekend and next Thursday's home game against the Tigers, before preparing to return for the Titans' Round 17 clash against the Broncos.
Yeah but do we need to keep hearing how courageous he is and how he plays starring roles for some other team - incuding against us!!
Tired Fed Up GIF by CBC

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4