The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
RE: Foran - Will he ? Won't he ?

I have been a Manly fan for 32yrs, and have taken the joy to see the Michael Oconor's, Haslers,Lyons, toovey,Menzies, all take part in this outstanding club. The situation with Foran is upsetting, but one must face reality. Hasler provided immense service to the club, but it can be argued that as age has come upon him, so has his lateral way of thinking. I have read in previous posts that he was sacked (ultimately yes he was), but what people are missing is that there is substantial evidence that he had signed for the bulldogs 6 weeks before the GF. This being the case, it is an illegality and a breach, to sign 2 contracts at any one given time (as you cannot work for Telstra and Optus, it is a conflict of interest).

In light of this, if the extensive information can be proven, it evidently makes KF get out clause (NOT VOID) but rather voidable. It cannot make the clause void because it has the ability to be exercised, it is rather voidable (because although it can be exercised, it has come about through an illegality, via breach of contract). Anyone signing a contract must do so in good faith, now being at two clubs at once IS NOT GOOD FAITH.

Emails circulating have suggested that Greenturd was willing to provide hasler with all expenses paid legal costs, again showing that his interest was to take hasler to the dogs regardless of any legal ramifications. I ask all the fellow Manly supporters was it not evident why Hoppa left? I for some reason feel, that Hasler spoke with Hoppa and suggested he was looking out for himself and might be leaving. This was a big factor in Hoppa taking the initiative to go to the eels. The Hoppa's have had a long history at the SE, why the sudden change straight after a GF.

In regards to KF, as far as I am concerned he is GONE... regardless if he exercises his clause or not. Should the SE persue legal injunctions to prohibit his capacity to move elsewhere?? They could, but why waste all this money and time, on someone that has other intentions. As mentioned above "As far as I am concerned he is gone" because if a player that has an offer from a rival club, is pretty much similar to the offer your present club has made (and you are undecided) well there is no further speculation, because if your team mates mean something to you, and the money is the same, why would you leave? thank you for your services and good luck.

Let me tell you Manly fans Kieran is a great little player and it will be sad to see him go, but 1 player does not bring a premiership. Look at the Titans game, DCE is awsome and what a great half, but the titans squeezed him out of the game well, and really could not do much, as he was heavily marked, and found it hard to produce 25% of what we are use to seeing. This should be a reminder that 1 or 2 players is not sufficient, you need 17 players to sparkle, to hols the trophy at the end.

I am sure someone will fill his shoes, even though people may say he has not gone yet? In my eyes he has, not knowing to stay or go, when the finances are the same, and all your team mates are still hanging around, I'm confused at to what is the hard decision? If he was earning an extra 200k at the dogs I could understand, because it is business, but when the money is the same, and this club made you what you are today, not knowing whether to stay or go is rather insulting and a pathetic excuse, because I feel he has already signed.

Manly should let him in his capacity, to exercise the clause and leave as early as possible, because this mighty club is not just made up of one 5/8 KF, but rather of a squad of 17. Good luck to both Foz and Hasler, they have been a great part of our club, but our next genius will be just around the corner AND PLEASE NO MORE GET OUT CLAUSES. They are more trouble than they are worth, otherwise Manly should include clauses like if you get injured or suspended you do not get paid for those games.... because these clauses are what has destroyed the club AND HASLER KNEW ALL TOO WELL WHY HE WAS WRITING THEM IN THE CONTRACTS.

1) Menzies
2) Sub Mountable ? Is there a naval battle on this friday we dont know about, or does that mean some sort of low doggy style ?

urulion said:
I have been a Manly fan for 32yrs, and have taken the joy to see the Michael Oconor's, Haslers,Lyons, toovey,Mensies, all take part in this outstanding club. The situation with Foran is upsetting, but one must face reality. Hasler provided immense service to the club, but it can be argued that as age has come upon him, so has his lateral way of thinking. I have read in previous posts that he was sacked (ultimately yes he was), but what people are missing is that there is substantial evidence that he had signed for the bulldogs 6 weeks before the GF. This being the case, it is an illegality and a breach, to sign 2 contracts at any one given time (as you cannot work for Telstra and Optus, it is a conflict of interest)

He exercised the option for one year to coach Manly in 2012 and signed a contract for the Bulldogs for 2013 and beyond. He was sacked from his 2012 obligations.

Let's be totally honest here.

There is absolutely no way that the NRL would allow/accept two of their clubs to go head to head with each other in court. It would drag the games name through the mud, and would not be good for it's image.

Masked Eagle said:
Manly have been told they stand a strong chance of retaining Kieran Foran on legal grounds if they can prove former coach Des Hasler acted illegally in walking out on the club last year.

Foran has a get-out clause in his contract allowing him to depart the premiers if Hasler is not at the helm, and intends on activating that escape route to join his old coach at the Bulldogs in 2013.

I must be dumb because I dont understand how Hasler leaving the last year of his contract (2012) has any bearing on 2013. Hasler's contract was finishing at the end of this year and he was prepared to stay and coach in 2012 and Manly rightfully sacked him.

But that is irrelevant to 2013 as Hasler had no coaching appointment to Manly in this year which gives Foran the right to exercise his option in 2013.

The legality over the expiry of the 2012 contract surely has no relevance to Foran asking to exercise an option to not take up his 2013 season at Manly because Hasler is not going to be the coach in 2013. How can Manly and any legal advisor can argue that point.

Maybe the legal advisor doesnt have a calendar.

Please explain where I am wrong.

Especially when the dogs are the ones in the wrong!

some one linked me to your latest comments on your forum, my god you are a delusional liar.

ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
Masked Eagle said:
Manly have been told they stand a strong chance of retaining Kieran Foran on legal grounds if they can prove former coach Des Hasler acted illegally in walking out on the club last year.

Foran has a get-out clause in his contract allowing him to depart the premiers if Hasler is not at the helm, and intends on activating that escape route to join his old coach at the Bulldogs in 2013.

I must be dumb because I dont understand how Hasler leaving the last year of his contract (2012) has any bearing on 2013. Hasler's contract was finishing at the end of this year and he was prepared to stay and coach in 2012 and Manly rightfully sacked him.

But that is irrelevant to 2013 as Hasler had no coaching appointment to Manly in this year which gives Foran the right to exercise his option in 2013.

The legality over the expiry of the 2012 contract surely has no relevance to Foran asking to exercise an option to not take up his 2013 season at Manly because Hasler is not going to be the coach in 2013. How can Manly and any legal advisor can argue that point.

Maybe the legal advisor doesnt have a calendar.

Please explain where I am wrong.

Who knows Ernie. Who knows.

Although I think the most important part of the article I posted was that Foran had a deadline 2 weeks ago.

If he has gone,i hope the we get the injunction on him moving granted then make the little merkin watch for a year and not play him once other than in the A Grade competition

Sign contract,finish contract

MrInvisible said:

There is absolutely no way that the NRL would allow/accept two of their clubs to go head to head with each other in court. It would drag the games name through the mud, and would not be good for it's image.

Ok we will let Greenturd Rape pillage steal and rort as much as he likes

THE fierce battle to keep Manly together has reached fever pitch just 205 days after the reigning premiers won their second grand final in four years.

The tight-knit club that has always thrived on adversity might be about to break apart under the unyielding pressure from outside forces.

No one wants to be the first to jump ship but of all the club's stars who are up for sale at the end of the year, Kieran Foran is the player attracting most interest.

He heads a list that includes Tony Williams, David Williams, Matt Ballin, Brett Stewart, Steve Matai, Michael Oldfield and Darcy Lussick.

Former Manly coach Des Hasler wants Foran to sign with Canterbury and there are unconfirmed suggestions a deal has been reached.

Foran's manager George Mimis denies it and friends of the star five-eighth say he is virtually changing his mind every day.

Foran is unlikely to make a decision before Manly and Canterbury meet in one of the biggest grudge matches of the year at ANZ Stadium on Friday night.

But if he does decide to leave Manly, the floodgates might open.

CLICK HERE TO SEE WHO FROM MANLY'S GRAND FINAL-WINNING OUTFIT HAS LEFT/COULD LEAVE THE CLUB

Not that former Manly premiership-winning skipper Max Krilich believes that for one minute.

"Kieran is a terrific player and it would be a tragic loss if he left Manly," Krilich said.

"But I will tell you this: Bob Fulton left Manly in 1977 and we all thought the sky would cave in. At that time, Bozo was the best player in the world.

"But we went on to win the competition the very next year. Kieran is a footballer and footballers get replaced. One door closes, another opens."

The Bulldogs are also chasing Tony Williams, while discussions are continuing between Manly and Mimis, Stewart's manager.

Stewart looks likely to re-sign despite interest from the Sydney Roosters.

Matai may quit Manly because there is a dearth of outside backs on the open market and the Kiwi Test star could demand more money. There are rumours of interest from South Sydney, Cronulla and St George Illawarra.

Ballin wants a new deal at Brookvale but knows the club has others ahead of him.

David Williams has an option in his contract to stay, while Lussick may end up at Parramatta.

"I think they will have to lose one or two players," former Manly CEO Graham Lowe said.

"But I don't think that's a bad thing. It's healthy. All clubs should have a trickle of new players coming through.

"I think (Foran) will stay but, in saying that, he owes a lot to Des. Des's guidance of Kieran has been brilliant."

Mimis's company, SFX Sports Australia, also manages David Williams and Ballin.

"There are a number of players off contract and discussions with the club are progressing positively in all respects," Mimis said.

Manly's board and chief operating officer David Perry will again come under fire if several stars walk away. The club's supporters still haven't forgotten the board's bumbling negotiations with Hasler.

Online bookmaker Sportsbet.com.au predicts that several Manly players will join Hasler at Belmore.

The agency has framed a market on how many will leave. One player signing will pay $2, two players $2.50 and three players $6.

"Who wouldn't want to have the likes of Kieran Foran, Tony Williams and Brett Stewart at their club?" Sportsbet.com.au's Ben Hawes said.

"With Des at the Bulldogs and plenty of current players off contract, we feel several of Manly's players will head to Belmore next season."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/manly-sea-eagles-desperately-fighting-to-keep-team-together/story-e6frfgbo-1226336664877

Dean Ritchie is a disgrace if foran leaves I don't think any fan will be pointing the finger at David Perry nor does any smart fan blame him for des leaving most of that was done before he came on board.

You never hear Ritchie talk about how Perry has turned around our financials and theres a good reason he's firing the Gun with Peters loading the bullets. Just because Perry had the keggs to do what was right for the club and put that dinosaur out to pasture.

MrInvisible said:

So in essence we sit back and let Greenturd continue trying to tear our club apart...... I don't think so , thanks very much .

The Dogs have started this war , Manly has every right to defend itself in which ever manner it may see fit .

I don't see where Gallop's permission is either relevant or required.

Are you therefore saying the NRL would condone the actions of the Bulldogs underhanded deals and the duplicit corruption and deceit that is still being played out today ?

MrInvisible said:

That's why you should be ashamed of your clubs alleged actions, rather than pretending the dogs are the innocent good guys.

I for one can't wait for the dirty laundry and evidence to be aired. Greenberg enticing Des to walk away from his contract. Greenberg smashing apart Bullfrog Moore's pact with Arko. Doesn't get any grubbier, desperate and lower than that.

"Kieran is a terrific player and it would be a tragic loss if he left Manly," Krilich said.

"But I will tell you this: Bob Fulton left Manly in 1977 and we all thought the sky would cave in. At that time, Bozo was the best player in the world.

"But we went on to win the competition the very next year. Kieran is a footballer and footballers get replaced. One door closes, another opens."
[/quote]
Good words from Max. If a $650k door closes I think quite a few more doors may open. $1,150, 000 wrapped up in halves is bloody ridiculous. Really wish circumstance were different but bye Kieran. Thanks for the memories.

Matabele said:
Wasn't Lowe the CEO when all these get-out contracts were being signed?

I think you'll find that Des was really the CEO, head coach, recruitment manager, contract negotiator, Chairman and PR machine.

Lowie was really only needed to place membership flyers on his own cars windscreen, do a deal with Maori tv and scout out non existent options in PNG

WAMF said:
Matabele said:

I think you'll find that Des was really the CEO, head coach, recruitment manager, contract negotiator, Chairman and PR machine.

Lowie was really only needed to place membership flyers on his own cars windscreen, do a deal with Maori tv and scout out non existent options in PNG
Very harsh and not true IMO however to des and his ego it probably was true.

WAMF said:
Matabele said:

If Des was all those things he probably deserved the rumoured $800,000 he demanded. He must have been a very busy man.

WAMF said:
MrInvisible said:

That's why you should be ashamed of your clubs alleged actions, rather than pretending the dogs are the innocent good guys.

I for one can't wait for the dirty laundry and evidence to be aired. Greenberg enticing Des to walk away from his contract. Greenberg smashing apart Bullfrog Moore's pact with Arko. Doesn't get any grubbier, desperate and lower than that.

OK, you can have Keating and $100 all square

Cameron said:
WAMF said:
Matabele said:

Very harsh and not true IMO however to des and his ego it probably was true.
Cambo ...tongue in cheek mate.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8