The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I understand it probably makes people feel better to think that these two are being payed overs, and yes if we had both of these guys on 1mil at the club at the same time then its probably not good for the cap, but having one of these guys on 1mil + is not that big a deal in the modern game. The cap has increased significantly, and looks like it will again. You've only got to look at the teams Souths, Roosters, and Bulldogs have to know that you can put together a star studded line up even with big $$$ going to one player; SBW for example.

The cap climate has changed, and it would have been fine to have one of the two at the club on a million bucks a year. We probably panicked and tried to keep both, when we would have been better off making one a priority and offered 1.2 mil.

I honestly believe that both were unhappy at the club for various reasons, and have been for some time, so money probably wasn't going to change the result.
You have to say it now looks very much like our new CEO, and whomever was on the negotiating team, hasn't exactly handled this expertly.

OR

Were they just forced into positions where they couldn't come back from by greedy players and very greedy managers.

If Mateo puts in another big one against the Dogs I'd be happy to see Foran rot in the twos. I would not at all be surprised to see a repeat of the Choc fiasco.

To be honest I'm not actually sad about this, we got several good years out of both of them. They won us a premiership in 2011, and helped us to be competitive in other seasons.

But Cherry and Foran will struggle at other clubs, they will have a ton of pressure on them to perform and their new fans will eat them alive if they put in a poor showing. They are marquee signings now and will be expected to perform as such.

One of the things that made Foran great was his willingness to put his body on the line, but there is an expiration date on that brand of footy and I think he is nearing it. This mercenary contract that he's signed with Parra hints to me that he won't be playing with the same passion that he once did.

Meanwhile, we're saved the problem of paying massive overs for them, blowing a third of our cap on just two halves. We can blood younger guys who can get the job done without inhibiting our ability to sign strong players across the park. These vacancies give us the chance to get a decent forward pack, and bring up new guys / off casts from other clubs. That is how we developed our success last time, we can do it again.

I have decided 2 take a break from social media until 2016 as I'm that disillusioned.
This is my rant I know most won't agree or care but it's mine.
Today is an indictment of our club past and present management and coach Toovey.
The part about Toovey is certain 2 piss people off but so be it. I posted once before that players listen 2 other players and when you have watmough bagging Toovey at NSW training (it did happen) and Foran a current international player alluding 2 the fact that his development has been stifled by Toovey players listen.(not even mentioning DCE) Despite the puff pieces you read Foz and Dce have very little time for tooves (as a coach)

I do not get my info from scuttlebutt in the papers I get the information from (people) inside player management at 1 of the biggest SFX. We at this stage have a heap of money under the cap but I can tell you NO big name players are coming and want 2 come the only players we are a chance of getting are what the managers call list cloggers or journeyman. The elite talent will not come 2 us and the players we do recruit will be paid overs.
Why is this? because players talk and at this stage they don't know who is going 2 be the coach and if it is Toovey they will not be joining. The fact we are talking 2 a player that has been thrown out of 3 nrl clubs and his hometown show how desperate Toovey and the management have become.
There was no plan B that was bull**** and will be shown as that. The laughter coming out of the managers when this desperate leak of a story regarding S Burgess appeared which only came from J Kelly only confirmed 2 everyone that he is not up 2 it.

Finally have I walked away from the club? no in fact I have just signed up for 2 memberships but the club needs 2 get it's act together at the moment people in the game are laughing at us because we are a rabble and standing on the field after a win and doing a schoolboy rev up hasn't fooled anyone. For the people who say it's all good name the last team 2 lose 4 internationals in 6 months? Who was the last club 2 lose 2 young international halves in a fortnight?
See everyone in 2016 when hopefully the club is being run in a more professional way.

It's about time. I'm happy to see him leave. He's got no heart, he almost followed Des to the dogs. What a breath of fresh air!!! No Watmough and Foran at the club. Things will hopefully go back to normal now. I only wish we could have kept Gift.

I just hope no-one buys the bull**** from here about how heart breaking it was for him. He's even deceiving his team mates. The guy is the lowest form of human. I hope he **** himself when I wrote to David Perry / Kelly afterwards about the fact he signed already.

Maybe they called him out on it, and made things uncomfortable, hence his missus claim of "karma".

eagle.jpg

MAYDAY!! MAYDAY!!

Months of deception finally end. We all knew and he was too gutless to say. The club must move on now and back the coach and end the dysfunction and get back to what we do best.

My greatest disappointment isn't that the two players are leaving, its that as a member (my 10th year this year) I think I deserve more communication than a piss weak announcement that another of our stars are leaving.

They have known about this for months, if not months weeks.

They should have prepared a members release putting out their Plan B plans (without naming names of course) to reassure us that there is a future ahead.

I have no doubt there IS a future don't get me wrong in saying that BUT all we get is some bull**** 10 point plan that means **** all.

As customers of the Franchise we deserve better!!

I have decided 2 take a break from social media until 2016 as I'm that disillusioned.
See everyone in 2016 when hopefully the club is being run in a more professional way.
Manly will never be run without factions. So don't give up on the Silverails.
It's the nature of being successful and ex Players wanting influence in administration.

I also don't believe that Players will not come to manly due to 2v. Every ex-Player on TV stand up for him and all that he has achieved. Its not just we Manly Fans who admire 2v.@:cool:

Foz got to Captain his Country FFS - he did that under 2v. @:mad:

Choc & Foz have serious personality issues and can not deal with not having 100% control.:punch:

It would be ironic if the Anderson Faction at Parra re-instate him as Coach - Karma indeed :p

@Mavin social media doesn't matter but Manly does. Be there for Manly.
If you want smooth sailing there's a team out there called the bunnies.
Current premiers.
Media darlings.
Owned and promoted by billionaires.
Much easier option than sticking by the Sea Eagles through the tough times.
Not having a shot. Just being a fan means you take the good with the bad.
Just recently Saturday night was pretty damn good.
GO MANLY!!!

Last edited:
Well another week and another giant kick in the guts by everyone concerned with running this club. Great move Penns getting control, getting Kelly and losing the best talent as well as 2 club legends all through out the biggest media fiasco circus I've ever witnessed in a supposed professional sports club. What's the plan now you f***ing idiots. Why don't we dump Lyon & Snake while we're at it seeing as how you've dumped on all the supporters of this ONCE proud and successful club. Darkest week in our history.

Well another week and another giant kick in the guts by everyone concerned with running this club. Great move Penns getting control, getting Kelly and losing the best talent as well as 2 club legends all through out the biggest media fiasco circus I've ever witnessed in a supposed professional sports club. What's the plan now you f***ing idiots. Why don't we dump Lyon & Snake while we're at it seeing as how you've dumped on all the supporters of this ONCE proud and successful club. Darkest week in our history.

I wonder if Scott Penn is getting a beard trim this week??

I heard there may even be a "ceremonial signing" where Parra will "claim" the signing is late in the piece, to alleviate any issues with ACTUALLY signing months ago.

Documents can be dated anytime Foran - we aren't that dumb. You've lied to everyone for far too long already champion. Your attitude and character suit Parramatta.

This, people, is why I hate the little rat.

Dont know why everyones so worried, 1.3 a year for a player who doesnt kick goals, never kicked a 40/20, doesnt have the instinct like cherry evans does, so parra is paying that much for a hard runner and tackler, righto. We won without him last saturday and DCE was the reason we won.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 3 5 -55 8