The King and the Fool

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
It's pretty sad when a 1/3 of your season's points have come from a bye, you have the worst attack, the worst defence in the league and your club's culture is actually dogsh't and you can still find the audacity to spray the referees after each loss. He needs to stop, pause and take a closer look in the mirror.
Take a closer look in the mirror & open a hair salon as you can’t coach.

Did anyone hear Voss and his offsider on Fox with Billy Moore. I had to turn the sound off. Voss is a fair dinkum fool who is not neutral and just spoils the game with stupid comments. And Billy Moore's voice makes Tooves sound like Paverotti. Surely Fox can employ better commentary than these nuffies ????
Totally agree but the QLD hard border likely means they only have QLD residents to choose from.

That's why Tallis, Parker and Moore are getting a gig.

Corey Parker was asking questions in Robbo's presser, didn't know he was now a journo.

Very interesting Trent Barrett statistics:

89 games coached (including one lost final in 2017)
28 games won, 60 regular season losses, 1 finals game lost
(3wins, 3 losses unaccounted for) - according to NRL - Coaches - Rugby League Project
Win percentage: 31%
Loss percentage: 69%

This ranks him 225th best coach out of 307 that have coached at NRL levels.

Interestingly, ONE coach in the history of the league has more games coached with a worse win percentage (Ron Hilditch) with 109 games and a win% of 29.4%.

In my way of thinking, that makes him the 2nd worst coach in the history of the game.

1630284259047.png

I noticed you posted a call or two regarding old mate on two days last week. Then this morning the opposite reasoning was applied in four other threads after Brad Arthur was interviewed. What's next? Corey Norman or Ash Taylor?
Have not seen BA interview yet, what was in it?

(3wins, 3 losses unaccounted for) - according to NRL - Coaches - Rugby League Project

Interestingly, ONE coach in the history of the league has more games coached with a worse win percentage (Ron Hilditch) with 109 games and a win% of 29.4%.

In my way of thinking, that makes him the 2nd worst coach in the history of the game.

View attachment 19176
8% this year.
I'm glad he sat out 12 months while he had to wait for his notice to expire.
That act exposed him even more than his terrible coaching while at Manly.

Barrett said in press conference.
  • We were robbed with the Turbo try.
  • We were robbed with the hair pull.
  • We couldn't win the game under those circumstances.
  • Manlys last try was a fluke.

Okay Trent - let's erase those 8 points for you. BUT - Manly bombed four tries. Manly had a forward unjustly sent to the bin. Your fifth tackle options were appalling. Your team was given a lot of leeway in the ruck. Your team was given a lot of leeway in the 10m rule. One of your tries was a fluke from the kick-off. As a coach, Baz is weak and it filters down to his teams.

Des said in press conference.
  • We were a bit off.
  • Too many errors.
    - Canterbury turned up today.
  • We did what we needed to.
  • Thanks and see ya next week.
The King and the Fool LOL .... Love you @Kevinward777 feathered friend

Which reminds of an old Beatle song

The Fool on the hill....

Day after day, alone on a hill
The man with foolish excuses
Is making us ill
And nobody wants to know him
They can see that he's just a fool
And he never gives an answer
But the fool on the hill
Sees his team going down
But he still has a big head .

View attachment 19176

Interesting in the call yesterday the commentators whilst lauding the fact that the "Dogs hadn't made an error and lamenting their last tackle options they did come up with this kicker
- they've had a pattern recently where recently they've deviated from the game plan in the second half and actually played some football.
But they didn't say anything negative about the coach.....

The biggest myth concerning Barrett is his lack of cattle. It's not true at all. Sure, he doesn't have the talent to challenge for a premiership but most punters had them scraping into the 8 this year. His roster is better than what Pay worked with and as good as sides like the Tigers and Cowboys who have shown spirit at times throughout the year and certainly avoided a raft of 'worst in history' records.

If he was coaching them well, they'd have competed and won more than they have this year, regardless of cattle. Good coaches make average players better. Barrett makes them worse. Look at Corey Allan and Kyle Flanagan as examples. They were great offseason signings that promised so much. Allan played SOO last year and Flanagan was deemed surplus due to Sam Walker's impending rise. Many compared him to the cool head of Nathan Cleary. Now look at him.

Honestly, Barrett should have done more this year.

No excuses next season. Barrett will have a farking LOADED squad (especially if they get Pearce):

01. Josh Addo-Carr
02. Corey Allan
03. Brent Naden
04. Nick Cotric
05. Jayden Okunbor
06. Matt Burton
07. Mitchell Pearce
08. Luke Thompson
10. Paul Vaughan
11. Tevita Pangai Junior
12. Jack Hetherington
13. Josh Jackson

14. Matt Dufty
15. Dylan Napa
17. Adam Elliott

type of deal (fill in the blanks). There's a whole lot of mongrel there, so I see them being screwed suspension wise (both on and off the field). The other issue I honestly see is the laziness Ferris will instill in them.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11