The lesser of two Evils

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Clint

Tipping Member
I miss the excitement and build up of Grand Final week. I so wish we were playing this weekend.
I am certain that with a little bit of luck it could have been us playing this weekend.
That said, with our current state of affairs with injuries etc, I would be concerned as to what sort of one-sided affair the game could have been against the monster Souths pack.

So that leads me to my question.
Is it better to get knocked out in the semis or make the GF and possibly get lapped?
Now I appreciate that there are now only two teams that can win this years comp and I'd prefer to be a Bulldogs supporter than an Eagles supporter this week. But - what happens if the Rabbits run up a score against the Dogs on the weekend. The pain of that will hurt for years. As we are all too aware, the pain of last years GF loss still burns deeply, but I am over this year already.

I'd rather come 2nd than 5th any day.
That loss to the Scumdogs because of Reynolds cheating still hurts, and probably won't go away until they lose the GF.
But it will be magnified if they win.

It's cheaper if we lose earlier.
A losing GF becomes a bit of a waste of a weekend. I don't think we'd have much chance against Souffs unless they choke hard. Which is possibly on the cards I suppose.

I just don't think I could handle the ejaculations from Nein and all the media who seem to think that everybodies second team is Souffs.

Screw Souffs. They need to get back down the bottom of the comp where they belong and leave winning GF's to the big boys like Manly, Rooters and Dogs. I'm not saying I like the Dogs, it's just not an abomination against nature if they win.

Make the GF is better, no doubt at all. Think of the big match experience it would provide for our younger players.
In fact I recall us being lapped in 2007, didn't do us any harm the following year.

Gotta be in it to win it. So I'd rather be the e on GF day than not at all.

Even 2007 when we got hammered was still a great day.

Yea, for mine it's a huge achievement for the 4 teams to make the final 4, then a massive one to make the GF.

I would have far preferred us to beat the Bulldogs in that elimination game, then even more preferred us to beat the Panthers in the GF qualifyer the week after, than lose like we did.

Honestly, the vast majority of a teams' fans can be stoked thier team made the GF. ..Then, in the final game if their team puts in a great effort to give thmselves a chance at winning, again, it's another accomplishment to be proud of.

And of course, winning the title is the ultimate, and what I hope to see many more of for the Maroon and White!

Duff said:
It's cheaper if we lose earlier.
A losing GF becomes a bit of a waste of a weekend. I don't think we'd have much chance against Souffs unless they choke hard. Which is possibly on the cards I suppose.

I just don't think I could handle the ejaculations from Nein and all the media who seem to think that everybodies second team is Souffs.

Screw Souffs. They need to get back down the bottom of the comp where they belong and leave winning GF's to the big boys like Manly, Rooters and Dogs. I'm not saying I like the Dogs, it's just not an abomination against nature if they win.

With you Duff
There is no team i dislike more than the centre link vermin
We should never let them back in the comp and if that was the case would never have to put up with Rusty, Burgess bros or their frigging
mum.

They are a protected good for nothing team with most supportes found in the extras cast of deliverance,on the street out sides TAB,s searching for old tickets or visiting someone who can remember the cost of tobacco and the score of the 1913 grandfinal

dark day for league if they win and i refuse to watch or buy a paper until November

Losing a GF is great motivation for the next season ... if it wasn't for all the additional hurdles we had to face this year I would have expected that loss to be driving us all the way to Premiership no 9.

Killer03 said:
Gotta be in it to win it. So I'd rather be there on GF day than not at all.

Even 2007 when we got hammered was still a great day.

I agree with your 1st sentence but not your 2nd. The '07 GF for me was a painful experience, being smothered by jubilant scum fans, not great at all.

I agree being in a grand final even if you lose - ie 2007 is way better than the way we went out this year.

No use going over what if's , we probably should of been in it this year if it was not for those additional hurdles but we are not and that is fact.

The best we can do is when the draw comes out later on in the year for the 2015 season mark down the dates we play souths and dogs at the fortress and make sure u attend and be part of the action when we take sweet revenge for what we got dished out to us in this year's final series.

It may not be for a few years yet but we will be back on the big stage in the near future and this wonderful club never disappoints.

I wish we could win the premiership every year but that is not how sport works and that is why when you do make grand finals it is ever so sweeter.

The only thing I have not seen in my lifetime is manly beat another Sydney team in a grand final( was there for 2008 and 2011) and when I do see it one day it will be so worth the wait.

Onwards and upwards for 2015. A new and exciting time in this clubs history awaits us.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8