The Lift

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
…………….Storm Controversy With Lifting Style Tackle

Just reported on Channel 9 news, that Manly were very concerned about the 'lift tackle', employed by the scum on a number of occasions last week.

Watmough was interviewed and mentioned the tackle where he was lifted by various scum players and how he was not sure if he was going to land on his head or not. He also questioned if this was some new scum tactic to try and slow down the play the ball.

Well done to Manly and Watmough for speaking out about this.....!!

The main cause of Choc's consternation, and that of the other Manly players from Saturday night is or was SHAYNE EFFING HAYNE.

He will clamp down this weekend you'll see, now that he's got his way to rob Manly.
He IS NOT an NRL standard referee. He is at best NSW cup standard.
He is biased, incompetent, slow to react and does not know the rules of the game. If he comes to Brooky, he'll be about as popular as Christopher Pyne.

Eagleheart said:

Just reported on Channel 9 news, that Manly were very concerned about the 'lift tackle', employed by the scum on a number of occasions last week.

Watmough was interviewed and mentioned the tackle where he was lifted by various scum players and how he was not sure if he was going to land on his head or not. He also questioned if this was some new scum tactic to slow the play of the ball down.

So glad Choc had his say on the matter

Eagleheart said:

Well done indeed.

And surprise surprise Slater on the footy show has just denied they're coached to do those lifts. Yep pigs can fly too.

By chance, I turned the TV on to watch 5 mins of the footy show.

I must have entered Bizzaro world. George Costanza must be right. If you believe the lie, it's not a lie!

A brainwashed grub, coached by the biggest grub of them all, Slater accused Watmough tonight of not making sense with his allegation, accusing the scum of using it as a time wasting tactic to win the ruck.

He is also on record tonight as saying they are not being coached to lift. Does he think all fans are idiots.

He said they would never intentionally place another player in a dangerous position. At the core of this argument is the belief that the coach had no say in the plethora of lifting we saw last week. He is delusional or a liar, take your pick.

PS good that the footy show aired the subject but almost made me vomit how soft Vautin and the panel were with accepting his world. Chicken wing invention, grapple tackle .... never happened, only in Bizzaro world.

I'm no expert on boody language but it was pretty obvious Slater was lying through his teeth. It was actually awkward to watch, he was so obvious.

If Hayne had done his job, and penalised them on the 1st tackle of the match, they wouldn't have persisted. A ref has to stamp their authority early. He's too friendly with certain players. In fact, i'm going to say He's a coward.

Would loved to have seen Choc and Slater both sitting at the Footy Show table for that segment. Slater is one of the biggest grubs in the game. There is no way Storm are not coached in lifting.

Didn't see the show but your accounts somehow reminded me of a famous (imaginary) movie scene...

Fatty to Bellamy – You drill your players thoroughly, don't you?
CB – Yes
Q – and you demand discipline from your players, to play the way you have drilled them?
CB – Damn straight, we won't win games without it
Q –And you do win many games don't you
CB – absolutely
Q – So – WHY would your thoroughly-drilled, highly-disciplined players repeatedly tackle in a way they were never coached? I want the truth!!
CB – You can't handle the Truth!!!

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Didn't see the show but your accounts somehow reminded me of a famous (imaginary) movie scene...

Fatty to Bellamy – You drill your players thoroughly, don't you?
CB – Yes
Q – and you demand discipline from your players, to play the way you have drilled them?
CB – Damn straight, we won't win games without it
Q –And you do win many games don't you
CB – absolutely
Q – So – WHY would your thoroughly-drilled, highly-disciplined players repeatedly tackle in a way they were never coached? I want the truth!!
CB – You can't handle the Truth!!!

You quoted that imaginary movie word for word. Well done.

Haha, I was switching around on fox recently and came upon the movie just at the courtroom scene, pretty funny (I mean dramatic!)(well, both)

MPC75 said:
I'm no expert on boody language but it was pretty obvious Slater was lying through his teeth. It was actually awkward to watch, he was so obvious.

He would have never been able to convince his teachers at school it wasn't him. Terrible liar.

MPC75 said:

I don't know about awkward to watch but he really looked awkward at being asked. Tried to squirm his way out of it but far from convincing. Quite the opposite actually.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4