The Manly Way

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I agree with much of your Winning vision Bozo and this tough off season training stuff is a good thing, but I do agree with you that it needs to translate to winning results on the field and you know what....I'm quietly confident from what I've seen and heard that we are in for a good 2024 season....bring it on baby !!
We all want our Legendary club Manly to be Great Again feathered friend
We have not been the Great Manly Dominating Club for the past decade .
The past decade has been our longest premiership drought since our first premiership win

I ask this heartfelt Question @The Wheel and all Passionate and Proud Manly people
What Meaning does The Penn Centre of Excellence have if Manly does not Excel ?
At Manly it is not all about existing
At Manly it is all about Excelling

Last edited:
So Terry Randall, John Harvey, John O'Neill, Geoff Toovey and David Gillespie would of been tougher if they trained in this way?

Mind...... completely blown.
flipping hell, where did i say that? Anyway, I spoke of comraderie etc, not toughness, so i will help you and restate your question:
So Terry Randall, John Harvey, John O'Neill, Geoff Toovey and David Gillespie would have experienced better comraderie if they trained in this way?
Likely not, remember this training was aimed at fringe players. Perhaps or perhaps not it may lift them and start them on their improvement/development and offer the side more depth in 2024. I would think that was the purpose.

I think Maxta answered it for me quite well. Different eras BD, people tick differently these days whether I agree with it or not.

You can see there is something wrong with your response when BOZO applauds you.

And to think i used to like your songs, now i think they suck.

Good Morning to all my fellow feathered friends including @SeaEagleRock8 and @Mal Cochrane
The Great Manly Way to start our Manly Day is with a Beautiful Happy Manly Mindset
AS Every day is a Good day when we wake up with a Passionate Manly Heart beat
Good health and Happiness to you all
May we all rise with big Manly smile and soar above the challenges that come our way

Two happy Manly Premiership Winning souls
Inspiring our Manly way
1705451022764.png

flipping hell, where did i say that? Anyway, I spoke of comraderie etc, not toughness, so i will help you and restate your question:

Likely not, remember this training was aimed at fringe players. Perhaps or perhaps not it may lift them and start them on their improvement/development and offer the side more depth in 2024. I would think that was the purpose.

I think Maxta answered it for me quite well. Different eras BD, people tick differently these days whether I agree with it or not.

You can see there is something wrong with your response when BOZO applauds you.

And to think i used to like your songs, now i think they suck.

Take a chill pill, it was said tongue in cheek

You couldnt make Jake and Crocker any tougher if you tried, they are as tougher as any of those I mentioned. Paseka and Alaoia on the other hand, will never ever be mentioned in those terms.

Times have changed and we need to move with them, you are 100% right about that. Preparation and building a team is a much longer process these days, part of that is due to the lack of loyalty money has brought to the game.

I think luck plays as much a part as skill these days because there is very little between all 17 teams. Our luck runs out each time Tom gets hurt. If we are lucky and he plays 20 games and is fit come the finals we are a hope. If he plays 10 games we could be bottom 4.

*Or a lot of air. Hot air. Weightless.
Hello again feathered friend Tezza . Nothing like a bit if Friendly fire on here

Your key word to your friendly fire post is Weightless and I will give you the courtesy of my reply
with one of my favourite quotes ...

MY SPIRIT IS BUOYANT WITH THE WEIGHTLESSNESS OF POSITIVITY
End quote

Keep up that friendly fire that fires up our forum Tezza
Our forum needs larger than life Manly characters like you !

Look I am going to start this by saying how much I want to like this series and I really applaud the club for trying something different. All that said I have to admit that by now I was hoping that the overall quality would improve

Apart from 15 seconds of Nathan Brown talking about his motivation did we really learn anything apart from the new players being flogged (as an aside I found it weird that we would only bond the new guys and not the whole team but eibs and crew must know what they are doing)

This was a chance for all of us to learn about the 16 or so new players. What about introducing more than a couple? Why not even list the players taking part? Instead we got footage of the players being flogged, which if i am honest, got a bit tedious by the 8 / 9 minute.

I guess what I am saying is that the purpose of this content just confuses me - what is the purpose? To give fans hope? To drive memberships?

Look I am going to start this by saying how much I want to like this series and I really applaud the club for trying something different. All that said I have to admit that by now I was hoping that the overall quality would improve

Apart from 15 seconds of Nathan Brown talking about his motivation did we really learn anything apart from the new players being flogged (as an aside I found it weird that we would only bond the new guys and not the whole team but eibs and crew must know what they are doing)

This was a chance for all of us to learn about the 16 or so new players. What about introducing more than a couple? Why not even list the players taking part? Instead we got footage of the players being flogged, which if i am honest, got a bit tedious by the 8 / 9 minute.

I guess what I am saying is that the purpose of this content just confuses me - what is the purpose? To give fans hope? To drive memberships?
I here ya but these sessions weren't built for content. The content is an added bonus. All the regulars went through this last year. We are outsiders looking for a glimpse of the inside and they are delivering that. It's not full backstage access but it's better than nothing. The main goal here is engagement and for mine it's working.

I here ya but these sessions weren't built for content. The content is an added bonus. All the regulars went through this last year. We are outsiders looking for a glimpse of the inside and they are delivering that. It's not full backstage access but it's better than nothing. The main goal here is engagement and for mine it's working.
I think @lsz makes a fair point but given I keep watching, you're right, it's engaging fans. I do hope there's a bit more substance to the next one though.

I thought I was going to puke just watching it.

It just kept going.....and going....and going.

I impressed with the toughness.

Look all I will say (and yes time has an impact) is the first vid in the series has had 64,000 views, vid 2 41k, vid 3 down to 28k which indicates to me that if the goal is engagement then it is not being meet.

Agree with the thoughts that this is miles better than previous efforts and understand how under staffed the department is...which is my frustration. It is an area that the club really needs to invest in if they want to make meaningful strides in fan engagement

Despite being trash for over 10 years Man United continues to be one of the most profitable / supported clubs in the world. Why is that?
Have a look at MUTV and see how you really do content and do it well

Again I will say it is much better than it was but there is so much room to grow if only the owners say fit to invest

I thought I was going to puke just watching it.

It just kept going.....and going....and going.

I impressed with the toughness.
Thanks for your point of view feathered friend @simon64
My perspective is this
We all know how tough players are
Any one that has watched the most brutal game of all the has seen just how tough our players are

The Fact is that People have always been attracted too and like to Watch and support Winners and if you want to Win fans over you must Win games

Are the Premiership winning Panthers on MTV ?
I dont think so
1705519379624.png

As mentioned it’s a 1000% better than what has ever been produced in the past.
Good Morning @The Wheel I hope you have a Magnificent Manly day .

Lets Get Real .
It is all about on field Performance in a Results driven NRL comp
Lets produce 1000% better performance on the field and compete against real opposition where it counts most and make the finals

To be fair there was one guy with a camera who did the whole 33 hrs with the players, most of the editing etc was done during his Christmas holiday/leave. The club doesn’t have a whole production team behind this.

As mentioned it’s a 1000% better than what has ever been produced in the past.

I am very impressed with the initiative @The Wheel . I must admit I wasn't expecting to be as engaged with this content as I have been so far. It's definitely a massive improvement on what has been delivered for the fans in the past, and I think it will only continue to get better. Small steps @lsz

The Manly Way has to be the club's best fan initiative ever. Long may it continue.
Interesting to note that the best trainers of the week include a number of players who are either new to the club and/or have a real point to prove in 2024.
Week One - Kobe Rugless
Week Two - Ben Trbojevic
Week Three - Luke Brooks
Week Four - Nathan Brown
Week Five - Jacob Arthur
Looks like Corey Waddell got the best trainer of the week for Week Six.
SEIBOLD: Brown, Corey Waddell, Jake Arthur, Luke Brooks, they’ve all got ‘trainer of the week’ awards over the first six weeks. Browny will compete hard for a spot. If he continues to train and compete like he is at the moment, then he’ll be in our round one side. We also think he can bring a point of difference.
It's also great to see Nathan Brown having a serious go at competing for one of the two spare Top 30 spots.

I don't know what it says about our current crop that all the new recruits are winning "trainer of the week" each week. But it might explain why our fitness was up to s**t for so many years.

I think Siebold bringing in signings to create competition for spots in the 17 may prove to be the most important change he has made.

I don't know what it says about our current crop that all the new recruits are winning "trainer of the week" each week. But it might explain why our fitness was up to s**t for so many years.

I think Siebold bringing in signings to create competition for spots in the 17 may prove to be the most important change he has made.
Our depth is significantly better than it’s been for years

I'm looking forward to Episode Six of the Manly Way dropping today. It would be great to see this series continue throughout the season and into a successful Manly Finals campaign. Does the club plan to continue this form of content creation past the pre-season @The Wheel ?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8