The mediocre Eagles since 1998

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Many of the players mentioned had half the talent of our current squad but gave 100% and even managed to win a few games. I'm not going to bag them. Wade Forrester springs to mind.

How did you all miss Micheal Bani?

Why should he be there, he played well until injured and Wolfman came in a killed it. Watch the 08 highlights game by game and Bani comes up quite a lot before getting injured.

After he left us his performance warrant him being on the list but this is a manly list

Neumann got shafted by Orford in his first game at Penrith. I still remember him yelling at Orford to move out on our goal line defense only to have Orford turn around and yell f*ck off at him. They scored the next play and everyone blames Nuemann for the overlap when it was captain dicks fault. One of the lowest acts in manly colours and puts him down at forans level in my books.

Nuemann's confidence was shot after that and a knee injury killed his speed and career. He was Flegg captain the year before so a pretty decent junior.

That incident is the first thing I think of when Orford is mentioned. How we won with him at half and how he got player of the year is beyond me. Terrible captaincy to a young bloke in his first game.

I can't believe there are 3 pages of posts and nobody has mentioned CRAIG FIELD....

I think we want to forget that Craig Field ever played for Manly.

The only reason we made a GF with him in the team is because those around him were basically the best going around at the time.

When I was younger I used to go to every Brookie game with my dad and watch the Northern Eagles get flogged. I think one game we needed to beat Penrith and we would've been in the finals but we got flogged by 60 or something lmao. Good times, got a signed footy, didn't know any of the players hahaha.

What about Adam Hayden at 5/8 ? Did he come to us from the Roosters or did he end up at the Roosters ?
Speaking of which, as a youngster I used to travel from the west to Brookie and watch all three grades. I can distinctly remember a guy named Col Drier carving everyone up in reserve grade for about half the season. Me and my mate both tipped him then and there to be a future international. Went to the Roosters at the end of season and drifted off into obscurity, but for that half a season he was the Hayne / Slater / Stewart of the reserve grade competition.

one game we needed to beat Penrith and we would've been in the finals but we got flogged by 60 or something lmao.

Remember it well. 2002. We only looked like scraping in after the dogs got their points stripped for cheating with a few rounds to go and I reckon the Panthers werent far from the bottom. Classic Northern Eagles!

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6