The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Damien2812

Bencher
Once Bob Fulton said he is that "future superstar" the Penn's bowed down and more sure to honour the promise. As a supporter and seeing how his carried off field and his fitness I can see another dud like Barrett was which Bob chose to coach Manly.

Last edited:

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I hate to agree with this , but the tiny bit of information I get these days ( and I admit VERY tiny ) tends to agree with the OP view.

The words given to me were

Lazy trainer
Won’t listen to advice
Thinks he’s a superstar
And apparently not that popular with the others due to parts 1,2 & 3

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
I hate to agree with this , but the tiny bit of information I get these days ( and I admit VERY tiny ) tends to agree with the OP view.

The words given to me were

Lazy trainer
Won’t listen to advice
Thinks he’s a superstar
And apparently not that popular with the others due to parts 1,2 & 3
If all true he'll get found out in 2023 then we can move him on but for now I'm happy to give him a shot in his actual position and then judge.

Shoe1

Journey Man
Right now manly officials are poring over the last pronouncements of bozo, his opinions on various players, coaches etc.

These words will guide the next 2000 years of manly.

Bozo divided the contenders into columns of champions and nevilles. The Fulton family will ensure that the word of bozo is implemented.

Over time the words will be used, misused and reinterpreted to suit the agendas of those in charge.

ricardo

Bencher

Have a read of this thread, already 1000+ thoughts on the bloke. Mainly uneducated guesses.

My uneducated guess is he is 100% committed to the place, loves Manly, trains hard, will do anything to belong and is super popular with the team ... but due to injury and the death of his best mate he has had a tough 2022.

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
He needs to be in the team every week next year if his off season warrants it.

Not sure if better at 6 or 12.

I hold high hopes.

MW66

Reserve Grader
I think he is talented and could thrive in the second row like he did in 2021. Not sure about 2023 at 5/8 to be honest. Earlier comments re ego don't sound great but hopefully he knuckles down in the off season and gives himself every chance to succeed - to be brutally honest we need him to.

Have a read of this thread, already 1000+ thoughts on the bloke. Mainly uneducated guesses.

My uneducated guess is he is 100% committed to the place, loves Manly, trains hard, will do anything to belong and is super popular with the team ... but due to injury and the death of his best mate he has had a tough 2022.
I support your uneducated guess here!!

JakeyB789

Reserve Grader
I prefer to judge him on the games he's actually played in the halves rather than the 20-30 minute bench stints where he's on a hiding to nothing.

Debut vs Tigers (outstanding debut which Benji called it the best he'd ever seen, Tigers made their comeback after he had come off)
Round 11, 2021 vs Eels (best performance by the club since 2013-14 IMO and Schuster was a big part of it)
Round 18, 2021 vs Dragons (convincing win after Origin with no Turbo, Jake or DCE, Schu was playing halfback with Foz at 6)
Round 13, 2022 vs Warriors (huge win with Schu scoring a great try against poor opposition)
Round 14, 2022 vs Tigers (another big win albeit poor opposition like above)

So 4 wins and 1 loss which wasn’t his fault at all. I agree he has been unfit and out of shape but he would’ve been expecting to play 2nd row (as he did in our top 4 team just last year) and the early season injury only compounded this. Give him the off season to get in shape and train in the position he played in juniors and he will do well, I think he is committed (evidenced by pulling out of the WC) and this year was unfortunately just a bit of a write off for him. Reminder that as well as Foran played this year we still finished 11th with 7 straight losses to end the year so I hardly think we’re worse off giving Schu a chance at 6.

Ron E. Gibbs

First Grader
For whatever reason, it seems like the Schu is routinely cast as the villain by both the media and many fans. The story about him "demanding" the number 6 and, by extension, pushing Foz out, didn't do him any favours and seems to have coloured everything since. All I know is that he's a kid and he's very talented. If he wants to work hard and he wants to play, I'm happy for him to take the spot. We can all get back to judging him and writing him off after that.

Team P W L PD Pts
12 9 3 83 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
13 7 6 133 16
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
13 7 6 -34 16
13 6 6 27 15