The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I know,I dropped from 110kgs to 85kgs in one offseason because I was not enthusiastic after playing a year at prop about doing it again.
Maybe our fitness guys are a little ****.

If true Adz, I'm really impressed. I know someone who lost 75 kgs in 9 months and thought he was almost unique. Your loss is most impressive. Well done.

They got it from Donnys Insta:

Jeez Donny, better late than never I guess. Glad you could join us 🙄

not wanting to sound like a crackpot but it is possible to drop BODY fat quickly and safely. I did it last year over here. called the Fast 800 and its a mixture of fasting and controlled eating 800 calories a day with NO CARBS. your body after 3 days goes into a state of ketosis and burns fat fast.

I lost 8kg in 3 weeks while still weight training(lightly).

Now I'm not saying its the total answer as we all know healthy eating and exercise is the key to keeping it off but If the shoe needed to drop body fat quickly something like that may be a short-term option before the real training kicks in.

If one has to start this early to get into the right shape for a season to play a particular "backline/halves position" to me it suggests you are not playing at a sustainable weight range.

You might be able to pull it off a season or two when highly motivated to do so(to prove the doubters wrong) but you will burn out fast and revert back to your natural size if the motivations behind the loss are for the wrong reasons.

Article about Josh's training regime

If one has to start this early to get into the right shape for a season to play a particular "backline/halves position" to me it suggests you are not playing at a sustainable weight range.

Josh's tendency is to be big - early photos show he was a chubby child. He has worked very hard to develop his footy skills over the years. From what I've observed he loves footie and I think he'll do anything to succeed in his career. Some players l love to score tries, but it appears Josh's passion is to create tries. If everything goes to plan, it will augur well for the Sea Eagles success in coming years (IMO).

Last edited:
not wanting to sound like a crackpot but it is possible to drop BODY fat quickly and safely. I did it last year over here. called the Fast 800 and its a mixture of fasting and controlled eating 800 calories a day with NO CARBS. your body after 3 days goes into a state of ketosis and burns fat fast.

I lost 8kg in 3 weeks while still weight training(lightly).

Now I'm not saying its the total answer as we all know healthy eating and exercise is the key to keeping it off but If the shoe needed to drop body fat quickly something like that may be a short-term option before the real training kicks in.

When you're young gaining and losing weight seems much easier. I lost at one stage when I was about 26, a total exceeding 25 kgs in 6 weeks. Strict diet but did me no harm, so I think its probably OK, though note I'm 189 cms tall so there's a lot of me. Smaller people might find that troubling. Mind you at 71 its a pain just losing a couple of kgs over a couple of weeks. But then I was much more active in those earlier times. Indolence takes over as you get older.

When you're young gaining and losing weight seems much easier. I lost at one stage when I was about 26, a total exceeding 25 kgs in 6 weeks. Strict diet but did me no harm, so I think its probably OK, though note I'm 189 cms tall so there's a lot of me. Smaller people might find that troubling. Mind you at 71 its a pain just losing a couple of kgs over a couple of weeks. But then I was much more active in those earlier times. Indolence takes over as you get older.
I think Josh is now carrying the extra weight of expectation.

Article about Josh's training regime
"He has also reworked his diet, cutting back on fast food and meal sizes to further streamline his chassis."

Could easily be a lazy journo's choice of words, but ... if he's only 'cutting back' on fast foods instead of 'cutting out' fast foods, that sounds like he's got some entrenched habits working against him. Good to see his effort though, Manly will need him at his top this year if we're to be a force.

Last edited:

You might be able to pull it off a season or two when highly motivated to do so(to prove the doubters wrong) but you will burn out fast and revert back to your natural size if the motivations behind the loss are for the wrong reasons.
Maybe in 2 years time ,Schuster moves back to the forwards when Latu Fainu comes through the grades

Thanks for the insight Sir Naysaying Grumblebum.

It's beyond me why so many people are deathriding a clearly talented kid who is literally working his bum off to be the best he can be ... for us!
Yeah, I'm all in for this kid. If he doesn't prove to be as good as I hope he is, I can't fault him for giving it a bloody good shot. I'm hoping he just needs the right guidance and team members around him to shine.

Yeah, I'm all in for this kid. If he doesn't prove to be as good as I hope he is, I can't fault him for giving it a bloody good shot. I'm hoping he just needs the right guidance and team members around him to shine.
Yep, fingers crossed he'll be able to show us all just how good he can be. So much potential.

I have to say though, if you're expecting a transformed, streamlined Schu, you're going to be disappointed. Even in the IG footage, he looks like a fat bloke running up a hill. But don't be fooled by his body shape. He will always be a big unit, but we need to see that as a strength, not a flaw. All that matters is that he's fit and fast enough to do the job, and I hope he will be.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10