The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
That was quite an obvious problem at the start of the season , the 6 and 13 positions and the depth factor as well . Shu did start the season quite well at 6 , Alioia mostly putting in but still doesn 't look like the most suited choice as a 13 . and again the lack of depth in both positions . .
I thought he had some good moments against the Eels but he was absolute shot in defence a couple of times and looked totally out on his feet. I was hoping it was lack of match fitness, but now I am thinking it might have been lack of fitness altogether. Outside of a few good touches against the Eels, he has not been sighted.

In light of Kristie’s comment, it’s starting to sound like it’s more of a disciplinary stand down of Schuster than simply an injury recovery.
I would suggest that was immediately obvious when DCE spoke last week about it being 'tough' for Schu to make it back to FG, paired with the announcement of 'reconditioning work'. I have never heard that term be used to refer to someone who is physically injured and simply cannot play. They usually just go on the injured list and that's the last you hear about it.

S
I would suggest that was immediately obvious when DCE spoke last week about it being 'tough' for Schu to make it back to FG, paired with the announcement of 'reconditioning work'. I have never heard that term be used to refer to someone who is physically injured and simply cannot play. They usually just go on the injured list and that's the last you hear about it.
Sure, but Kristie’s comment pretty much confirms it IMO.

He would do well to move to Canberra and play under Ricky now that Wighton is gone.
It suits both the club and himself.
Manly can use that money to buy a couple of solid players that aren't flash but can do a job, especially in the centre and the forward positions.

In reflection, it sounds like it’s last chance saloon for Schuster!

For the club (both coach & captain) to say what they said & now for Kristie to back them with further insight into Schuster’s failings (as a person who probably feels burned by the club), it takes on a whole new level of severity IMO.

In reflection, it sounds like it’s last chance saloon for Schuster!

For the club (both coach & captain) to say what they said & now for Kristie to back them with further insight into Schuster’s failings (as a person who probably feels burned by the club), it takes on a whole new level of severity IMO.
Yep I think it’s definitely a line in the sand moment. Last chance saloon I would say

I wonder if Tartak agitates Schuster to get fit as much as he agitated the club to move him to 5/8th & upgrade his contract?
I think Tartak has milked this cow dry, he'd be onto the next one now. He's a master getting contracts like this through, I'd like to take him into my next EBA.

Do we know if the Shu is a popular figure ?
If, if he's on $800k a year I'd be sure they'd all be disappointed in him more than anything. Getting all that $ but not putting in the effort for it, would annoy the other battlers in the squad.

NRL 2023: Manly Sea Eagles investigating training fight involving five-eighth Josh Schuster​

Manly have been hit with more controversy, with out-of-favour playmaker Josh Schuster caught up in a punch-up at training.

Phil Rothfield
less than 2 min read
April 30, 2023 - 12:35PM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom

The Manly Sea Eagles are investigating a punch up at training between out-of-favour five-eighth Josh Schuster
Read

The game's history is littered with great talents who never really fulfilled their early promise. Has there ever been a more talented player than Phil Blake? Yet in long first grade career he never really dominated,Manly let him go after a while, he ended up making a solitary appearance for NSW.
How about Bryce Cartright? Or the Eels wonderkid halfback who sank without trace after one stellar season.
These days everyone in NRL is competing with a bunch of medium-talent but driven fitness fanatics and the nature of the game means those types will eventually beat you.

He didn't play the start of the season, he was injured.
As they say.. talent will only get you so far, but nothing beats hard work

NRL 2023: Manly Sea Eagles investigating training fight involving five-eighth Josh Schuster​

Manly have been hit with more controversy, with out-of-favour playmaker Josh Schuster caught up in a punch-up at training.

Phil Rothfield
less than 2 min read

The Manly Sea Eagles are investigating a punch up at training between out-of-favour five-eighth Josh Schuster
Read
Anyone got the whole article or at least the substance of whatever is beyond the clickbait intro and paywall?

Phil Rothfield
less than 2 min read

Read
LOL @Manly. This club is a circus.

Anyone got the whole article or at least the substance of whatever is beyond the clickbait intro and paywall?

The Manly Sea Eagles are investigating a punch up at training between out-of-favour five-eighth Josh Schuster and another player last week. Sources have revealed Dean Matterson, a Blacktown Workers player, exchanged blows with Schuster in front of startled players at Brookvale Oval

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8