The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I hope Spuds been kicking him up the ass!

WTF. What the hell do the normal Manly elite training professionals do?

Or is Schu completely ostracised from the rest of the team now.

Bizzare announcement basically saying Manly high performance trainers have no idea on how to get Schu fit.
But, they also have no idea on how to get Turbo fit either.

Not sure what Spud is like with aerobic training as that would be the biggest area for Schu to improve, but maybe Spud is giving Schu boxing lessons so he can smack Matherson in the head properly next time 😀

FB_IMG_1683423266880.jpg

Bizzare announcement basically saying Manly high performance trainers have no idea on how to get Schu fit.

Not sure what Spud is like with aerobic training as that would be the biggest area for Schu to improve, but maybe Spud is giving Schu boxing lessons so he can smack Matherson in the head properly next time 😀
Correct
Having some knowledge in this area
he needs is a strict personalised diet
Train in a way to reduce body fat and maintain muscle with some explosive work thrown in,
like you say if the high performance trainers arnt doing this already they shouldn’t be employed, they surely would be all NRL teams would give the players tailored eating plans they are to stick to.
Nutrition plays the biggest part in this so I don’t know what Spuds expertise is in that area, maybe his boxing training will bring down his body fat and help the cardio side, but seems a strange way to go…

They trying to get the Manly supporters on side by hiring ex manly players in "nothing roles" diverting the eyes from the non Manly coach & the Fulton purges.

Correct
Train in a way to reduce body fat and maintain muscle with some explosive work thrown in,
like you say if the high performance trainers arnt doing this already they shouldn’t be employed, they surely would be all NRL teams would give the players tailored eating plans they are to stick to.
Nutrition plays the biggest part in this so I don’t know what Spuds expertise is in that area, maybe his boxing training will bring down his body fat and help the cardio side, but seems a strange way to go…

I think that all the normal manly trainers and support staff are still doing all that ...

My take is that Spud's involvement is additional .. and likely more focused on his headspace, motivation and discipline.

Stick him back into BWSE and tell him to earn his spot back. Turn that dud sh*t team around into looking like winners and then you'll earn your place back in 1st grade. Stop fuking around.

What I wonder about is if Schuster did move to the Northern Beaches, would he possibly feel lonely & isolated, being away from his friends & family?

These guys are usually part of large families & a larger Polynesian community they’ve grown up around, so transplanting them to an area that is new to them that doesn’t have that familial support system so close may actually backfire.

Unless of course his whole family moved here (I don’t know if he still lives with his parents or if he has a partner, etc) but I don’t think him moving here on his own would work.

Maybe if they all moved here & shared a house?
Remember the whole Fainu family, including Manase, after his stupidity moved to the Northern Beaches 2-3 years ago supposedly to get away from their previous environment.

Maybe it would work for Schuster, or maybe not. Joey and Freddy certainly think it would and have been going on about it's part of the solution to his current issues.

Correct
Completely agree regarding the importance of diet. It needs to be sorted as first priority before worrying about physical training... I'm not sure how flexible high performance trainers are around diet. I mean, even though they are probably highly knowledgable, they may also have been taught in one particular philosophy/approach, which may not necessarily work as well for everyone. I really don't know and just speculating.

As for Spud, I don't think his input is going to be so much around the physical mechanics. I suspect his value maybe more in helping with some of the mental aspects? Instilling a bit of hardness perhaps?

Isn't Penn in the business of weight loss?

Completely agree regarding the importance of diet. It needs to be sorted as first priority before worrying about physical training... I'm not sure how flexible high performance trainers are around diet. I mean, even though they are probably highly knowledgable, they may also have been taught in one particular philosophy/approach, which may not necessarily work as well for everyone. I really don't know and just speculating.

As for Spud, I don't think his input is going to be so much around the physical mechanics. I suspect his value maybe more in helping with some of the mental aspects? Instilling a bit of hardness perhaps?
You know Spud's a carb. right?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8