The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
A big "shut up" performance for his haters and doubters. 2nd game out of the 4 games he's played this year where he's arguably been the best player on the field so I don't know how fans and others can continue to doubt him. He genuinely is our most important player to our attack. We haven't seen our attack look that good since Parra round 2 and who's the common denominator, Josh Schuster. With pretty much the same team Cooper Johns has been playing with, he made all his teammates nearly play their best game of the season so far. He organises the attack like a vet, he creates so much space and threat around him or he is just so silky with the ball. And he is the unlocker to Turbo.

His team-mates should all make a pact to make sure he's ok with all the off field stuff. (diet)

Sheesh, I'd make him his lunch for the road if it kept performances like that coming in.

Don't tom and Jake own about 20 properties? Stick him in one of those closer to Manly.

Anything!!!! Everything!!!!

A big "shut up" performance for his haters and doubters. 2nd game out of the 4 games he's played this year where he's arguably been the best player on the field so I don't know how fans and others can continue to doubt him. He genuinely is our most important player to our attack. We haven't seen our attack look that good since Parra round 2 and who's the common denominator, Josh Schuster. With pretty much the same team Cooper Johns has been playing with, he made all his teammates nearly play their best game of the season so far. He organises the attack like a vet, he creates so much space and threat around him or he is just so silky with the ball. And he is the unlocker to Turbo.

Thing is, if he develops as I think he will, he'll be wort more than $1 million +. Reminds me of Mark Ella.

the reason he came out and played like he did yesterday is because of the heat he has copped…it got him fit and focussed. I have no issue with the doubters getting stuck into Josh…if we all tell him how great he is all the time, he’ll start frequenting that drive through window and before you know it, we’ll get another of his Tigers performances.

I applaud the club for their handling of Schu and congratulate him on a wonderful performance yesterday…now he can do it week in week out.

Des had Schu play second row to teach him about the toughness and defence and discipline needed for NRL*. Because he needed to learn those lessons. The kid remains a still work in progress, and Manly are bonkers if they are not doing everything to guide him, but I'm sure they are.
Yesterday's game was a throwback to 2021. Stay fit Schu and we're in for a great ride for the rest of this year!

*he didn't tell me that but it's my educated guess :)

Des had Schu play second row to teach him about the toughness and defence and discipline needed for NRL*. Because he needed to learn those lessons. The kid remains a still work in progress, and Manly are bonkers if they are not doing everything to guide him, but I'm sure they are.
Yesterday's game was a throwback to 2021. Stay fit Schu and we're in for a great ride for the rest of this year!

*he didn't tell me that but it's my educated guess :)

Respectfully that is crap and you know it.

Des had Schu play 2nd row as he brought back his fav son Foran to play 5/8th.

Set back Manly and Schu well over 2 years. Imagine how good Schu would be now of he played 5/8th the last two years.

Last edited:
Respectfully that is crap and you know it.

Des had Schu play 2nd row as he brought back his fav son Foran to play 5/8th.

Set back Manly and Schu well over 2 years. Imagine how good Schu would be now of he played 5/8th the last two years.
You know your stuff XV-1 , and you are 100 % true .His injuries started from playing him in the second row when his body was young to take the hit ups and then trying to defend the big boys running at him .
Let's bury the past and look forward to Schuster staying fit earning the money he was signed for to do . Let's go Manly .

You’re gon
You know your stuff XV-1 , and you are 100 % true .His injuries started from playing him in the second row when his body was young to take the hit ups and then trying to defend the big boys running at him .
Let's bury the past and look forward to Schuster staying fit earning the money he was signed for to do . Let's go Manly .
To uphold this truth you assert, you’re gonna need to explain all the injuries he copped when he was playing junior football at 6. You’re also gonna need to explain the injuries he copped this year playing 6.

Back row was not suddenly the cause of his injuries; he has been plagued by them his entire career. He missed a ton of junior football, long before Des played him in the back row.

It’s great that he played well yesterday and good luck to him but it doesn’t suddenly change the narrative that led to this point. He’s not perfect and he doesn’t need to be…but let’s not fabricate the truth to suit an agenda, when the truth is staring everyone in the face. He has his fitness concerns and many injuries, independent of where he was positioned.

It is possible to be a fan of Josh and concede that he is fallible.

For all the hindsight bravado by a few in here today... Schu rightfully copped plenty of flak, just as he is receiving plenty of praise for yesterday. He's apparently working hard on the issues and got himself back on the paddock yesterday to show some of that amazing potential he has. Schu still has a long way to go to show he can play regular and consistently good footy, while staying healthy and in shape. One swallow does not make a summer. We are all hoping he can build on this.

Fun fact. Schuster is equal 6th amongst 5/8s for try assists with 6 despite only playing 4 games this year.

All those above him have played 11 or 12 games.

As a point of reference Foran has 4 try assists in 10 games.
Does anyone know how schu rates defensively?

I’m just happy to see him back in the side and doing his job, the thing that stood out for me the most, was Josh himself appeared to be happy, he smiled and was enjoying his game, might just come from winning, but I don’t so, it’s more than that, there was an appreciation there yesterday, it may well have been infectious as well, as Tom was the other notable who coincidentally seemed to enjoy his first game of footy for the year, bit of a shame origin is on our doorstep, looking forward to an injury free run for both of them post origin and watch our side get its mojo going with the ball.

You’re gon

To uphold this truth you assert, you’re gonna need to explain all the injuries he copped when he was playing junior football at 6. You’re also gonna need to explain the injuries he copped this year playing 6.

Back row was not suddenly the cause of his injuries; he has been plagued by them his entire career. He missed a ton of junior football, long before Des played him in the back row.

It’s great that he played well yesterday and good luck to him but it doesn’t suddenly change the narrative that led to this point. He’s not perfect and he doesn’t need to be…but let’s not fabricate the truth to suit an agenda, when the truth is staring everyone in the face. He has his fitness concerns and many injuries, independent of where he was positioned.

It is possible to be a fan of Josh and concede that he is fallible.
He was getting injuries at 6??!! I'm surprised his parents let him keep playing.

For all the hindsight bravado by a few in here today... Schu rightfully copped plenty of flak, just as he is receiving plenty of praise for yesterday. He's apparently working hard on the issues and got himself back on the paddock yesterday to show some of that amazing potential he has. Schu still has a long way to go to show he can play regular and consistently good footy, while staying healthy and in shape. One swallow does not make a summer. We are all hoping he can build on this.
One swallow might keep his weight in check though.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8