The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Schuster is manly through and through. He loves the place. Every press conference all he says is I love this joint, I’ve been here since I was 14.

Siebold takes the six off him for next year and he says no worries good plan I love this place and I want to be captain one day and he signs.

I know we offered a lot of money but he easily could have said I want to play six so I am going somewhere else. He didn’t. He said I love this place and signed.
Great call out

Schuster is manly through and through. He loves the place. Every press conference all he says is I love this joint, I’ve been here since I was 14.

Siebold takes the six off him for next year and he says no worries good plan I love this place and I want to be captain one day and he signs.

I know we offered a lot of money but he easily could have said I want to play six so I am going somewhere else. He didn’t. He said I love this place and signed.

X1000. I hope some people actually realise this.

Schuster eyes Manly captaincy after signing three-year, $2.4m extension

Great, now his manager will agitate for a 'captains' contract upgrade.

though good luck to the schu!

Has anyone received a Members exclusive email confirming this signing/extension? I haven’t seen one yet

Nope

I have to hand it to him, if nothing else, he's ballsy saying he'd like to be the next Captain. I'm glad he's staying and I reckon he could be a very good 13 if he knuckles down. But geeez, one thing at a time mate!
He's delusional. A few weeks ago he said he believes he'll be the best player in the game. How about he starts with becoming a consistently half decent 1st grader.

Last edited:
Why or why does the ego stand tall and we hear talk of captaincy. Come on just earn your spot.?
To be fair, if you read the article, I think he was baited into the quote.

"The late, great Bob Fulton famously predicted Schuster would one day skipper the Sea Eagles after discovering him in his teens. After accepting a contract extension, the 22-year-old confirmed he’d like to eventually succeed Daly Cherry-Evans as captain.

“One hundred per cent, I would love to captain the club in the near future, that’s one of my main goals,” Schuster told this masthead."

Having a go now because the bloke has set himself some long term career goals

800k now, on the increased cap, is not what 800k was 5 years ago. It is about 6% of the cap, so not as huge a chuck as that figure used to represent, and the cap will continue to increase. And we don’t know the reported media value is correct in this case anyway

800k now, on the increased cap, is not what 800k was 5 years ago. It is about 6% of the cap, so not as huge a chuck as that figure used to represent, and the cap will continue to increase. And we don’t know the reported media value is correct in this case anyway
Just read a fox sports article that puts him at the 3rd highest paid back rower in the comp. Ahead of the likes of Liam Martin , Nanai, Kikau, Haumole, Nikora, Kaufusi ......
Really hope they got the $$ value wrong

so your banking on that contract having no ratchet clause. Plenty of the bigger ones do

curious , do you sell timeshare ?
If not, want to buy some ?

DCE at todays prices for tomorrow was going to be a steal when the cap went up to 45 mill
might have believed it myself, maybe even written it LOL

Just playing, kiwi. It could be a masterstoke .

one of the halves might fall over and he stars as an accidental 6 next season
I see some real issues for opposition defences with brooks, tommy and the schu on one side

at times all 3 have been overly burdened. Together , if they find a groove could
be something else

The new winger may be a good early season punt for try scoring stats

Just read a fox sports article that puts him at the 3rd highest paid back rower in the comp. Ahead of the likes of Liam Martin , Nanai, Kikau, Haumole, Nikora, Kaufusi ......
Really hope they got the $$ value wrong
Let's see what Martin's next contract is. Also, Schuster does have certain attributes that no other backrower in the NRL posesses. His best season by far was 2021 when Des had him humming in the back row. He will also provide great cover in the halves next year. I'm so glad we kept him.

So far the media speculation and stories about Schu have been wrong in almost every occasion. 800k a year is also incorrect imo.

The extension is 3 years, however the 2.4 mill includes next year. That is around 600k a year for 4 years and still very good coin for a young guy but not overs as speculated by the media.

It keeps him at Manly which is great.

So far the media speculation and stories about Schu have been wrong in almost every occasion. 800k a year is also incorrect imo.

The extension is 3 years, however the 2.4 mill includes next year. That is around 600k a year for 4 years and still very good coin for a young guy but not overs as speculated by the media.

It keeps him at Manly which is great.
DT are reporting as 2.5m across three seasons, rather than 2.4 spread out across 4 years. They haven’t said 2.4 or 2.5 million dollar extension, they explicitly worded the dollar value across the number of years. Whether it’s 2.4 or 2.5 is neither here nor there, but it appears the figure is the value of 3 years, not factoring in next year (as he is already contracted).

Last edited:
DT are reporting as 2.5m across three seasons, rather than 2.4 spread out across 4 years. They haven’t said 2.4 or 2.5 million dollar extension, they explicitly worded the dollar value across the number of years.

You mean the same media that had Schu leaving last week?

Do you really believe that crap that is written?

Regardless of what it really is, I think Mestrov has it under control and he is certainly not giving out any figures for any player.
Its all bs speculation from the media.

You mean the same media that had Schu leaving last week?

Do you really believe that crap that is written?

Regardless of what it really is, I think Mestrov has it under control and he is certainly not giving out any figures for any player.
Its all bs speculation from the media.
But aren’t you just speculating as well? What evidence did you lean on in asserting that it’s 2.4m including next year, thus equating to something more in line with 600k a year?

But aren’t you just speculating as well? What evidence did you lean on in asserting that it’s 2.4m including next year, thus equating to something more in line with 600k a year?

Yes. Practical common sense logic.

But frankly, who gives a fuk what Schu or anyone else is on. Just need them to play good footy and help Manly collectively.

Yes. Practical common sense logic.

But frankly, who gives a fuk what Schu or anyone else is on. Just need them to play good footy and help Manly collectively.
How is a contract figure tied up in common sense or logic? It can be 2.4 over 3 years or 2.4 over 4 years; neither really defy logic or common sense? It’s been reported as 2.4 over 3 years. Whether that’s incorrect or not, remains to been seen. I’m just curious because you said it was over 4 and I figured I had missed something that had been reported.

If you’re suggesting logic and common sense in terms of trusting the media’s assertions, then there’s a degree of irony apparent, given your own claims are baseless.

How is a contract figure tied up in common sense or logic? It can be 2.4 over 3 years or 2.4 over 4 years; neither really defy logic or common sense? It’s been reported as 2.4 over 3 years. Whether that’s incorrect or not, remains to been seen. I’m just curious because you said it was over 4 and I figured I had missed something that had been reported.

If you’re suggesting logic and common sense in terms of trusting the media’s assertions, then there’s a degree of irony apparent, given your own claims are baseless.

Please feel free to ask the media stooges the same question.
Give it a rest, you will blow a gasket.

The guy is just delusional. Put in on the footy field pal!
There are many better backrowers we could get for half the price.
And the idea of Schuster licenced to roam the paddock however he feels like... 🤦‍♂️

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10