The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Having a go now because the bloke has set himself some long term career goals

800k now, on the increased cap, is not what 800k was 5 years ago. It is about 6% of the cap, so not as huge a chuck as that figure used to represent, and the cap will continue to increase. And we don’t know the reported media value is correct in this case anyway
He is the second highest paid backrower in the comp now. It is big money, and it is massive overs for him

Just read a fox sports article that puts him at the 3rd highest paid back rower in the comp. Ahead of the likes of Liam Martin , Nanai, Kikau, Haumole, Nikora, Kaufusi ......
Really hope they got the $$ value wrong
They were bangng about this last night on 360, especially Nicolussi.
Braith put it out there that'd Manly had bought well but Nicolussi had a bee in his bonnet about the cost for Schu and they threw up the list of backrowers and their ( alleged) contracts.

They all agreed he offers something different to the others but no one thought to play devils advocate and say what do they think if Manly didn't offer the extension and he went elsewhere?

Isn't the old adage, don't let the players you want to keep come off contract?

Yes. Practical common sense logic.

But frankly, who gives a fuk what Schu or anyone else is on. Just need them to play good footy and help Manly collectively.
100% the amount a player was on does not matter.
It is how they play that matters.

Alleged. Reported by the media that has been wrong on every other story re Schu.
What has been reported by Manly?
Manly won't report a players salary. So thats a bit of a moot point. Everyone accepts that cherry was on 1 mil for ten yesrs even if the club didnt report it. The journos have a pretty good idea. Woods was even asked about schusters 800k contract and woodsie said he is happy for him. And given the extended discussion on the panel about it, woodsie had ample time to deny it if not accurate/ true. So there hasnt been any denials on it. And what have journalists gotten wrong exactly?? it's no secret that there were discussions to get Schuster at the Tigers, and all the other past headlines he has created. Just because certain things didn't come to fruition doesn't mean the talks/issues were not happening. The club also never reported that josh/tartak inserted a clause to play 5/8th hence why keiran was moved on. Etc etc. journos have their sources with inner dealings whether it's player managers etc.

Manly won't report a players salary. So thats a bit of a moot point. Everyone accepts that cherry was on 1 mil for ten yesrs even if the club didnt report it. The journos have a pretty good idea. Woods was even asked about schusters 800k contract and woodsie said he is happy for him. And given the extended discussion on the panel about it, woodsie had ample time to deny it if not accurate/ true. So there hasnt been any denials on it. And what have journalists gotten wrong exactly?? it's no secret that there were discussions to get Schuster at the Tigers, and all the other past headlines he has created. Just because certain things didn't come to fruition doesn't mean the talks/issues were not happening. The club also never reported that josh/tartak inserted a clause to play 5/8th hence why keiran was moved on. Etc etc. journos have their sources with inner dealings whether it's player managers etc.

How would Woods know what Schu or anyone else is on? Is there a handout of Manly players salaries when a new player joins? Gimme a break.

What would you expect Woods to say other than what he did say - happy for Schu and he wouldn't buy me a coffee LOL. The conv went for 30 seconds - certainly no in depth discussion.

Manly have not even acknowledged Schu has signed any contract extension.

How people believe anything that comes out of the media about the NRL is beyond me. As I said, sometimes it's what people want to believe.

Last edited:
This is a bit of a tin hat theory in my opinion. Like what purpose does this agenda serve them lol.. I doubt the Broncos or any one of the sort need or want Schuster to be fair

The Fultons have a big axe to grind with the club over the removal of their family from operating within it. Was clear to watch earlier in the year the way Kent bristled any time Seibolds name was mentioned

Crazy to think that numerous clubs wouldn’t need or want Schu, just a few years back he had offers from 13 clubs on the table, and blokes like Matt Lodge still have interest from multiple clubs

Last edited:
I'm looking at this situation as a problem solver hopefully. Although he may not play at 6 next year, he cant argue the money he is on. So he's getting paid more than fair. Brooks could fit well and if Shyster does go to second row, then he can go to KFC all he likes. Sarcasm not intended. His defence at 6 has been terrible of late. One thing about a number 6 and that is if you cant defend and put your body on the line then should not be there. Its a tough position. Look at Foran he's a classic example. Yes you can avoid injury by playing smart but we have not been too clever of late at that.

How would Woods know what Schu or anyone else is on? Is there a handout of Manly players salaries when a new player joins? Gimme a break.

What would you expect Woods to say other than what he did say - happy for Schu and he wouldn't buy me a coffee LOL. The conv went for 30 seconds - certainly no in depth discussion.

Manly have not even acknowledged Schu has signed any contract extension.

How people believe anything that comes out of the media about the NRL is beyond me. As I said, sometimes it's what people want to believe.
Funny, I know what other people at my workplace are on. You don't think people that spend every day with each other don't discuss these type of things. Maybe watch the ep again then the conversation about schuster and the sea eagles in particular went for a while. And braiths question to woods was word for word 800k contract in the other segment. I guess it is what people want to believe, cause you seem to be doing the same thing. Anyways

The Fultons have a big axe to grind with the club over the removal of their family from operating within it. Was clear to watch earlier in the year the way Kent bristled any time Seibolds name was mentioned

Crazy to think that numerous clubs wouldn’t need or want Fulton, just a few years back he had offers from 13 clubs on the table, and blokes like Matt Lodge still have interest from multiple clubs
I'm more inclined to think it had to be more to do with his mate Flanagan than anything. He often kept talking up how Flanagan had better credentials. I assume you meant Schuster in place of Fulton. Two years is a long time in rugby league and I'm not saying there wouldn't be interest, but not enough for some conspiracy agenda to drive him out of the club. Just my thoughts

Schuster is manly through and through. He loves the place. Every press conference all he says is I love this joint, I’ve been here since I was 14.

Siebold takes the six off him for next year and he says no worries good plan I love this place and I want to be captain one day and he signs.

I know we offered a lot of money but he easily could have said I want to play six so I am going somewhere else. He didn’t. He said I love this place and signed.
Yeah great post. All this talk about him wanting 1.2 million Josh never said that himself.

The Shooey's future is in his own hands ..

IF he wants to play 5/8th he has the rest of the year to show the 17 clubs he is the Man ... the best ... and to play 5/8th at Manly he only has to beat an old bloke Brooksie, half his size ...

He just needs to go that well at 5/8 that tartak starts agitating for a million or he's leaving ..

Business as usual.

100% the amount a player was on does not matter.
It is how they play that matters.
It matters because there is a salary cap and if you pay overs for a player, it can impact on the club's ability to recruit and/or keep other players in key positions.

If (and I say if) he is on the reported 800k, then we'll need him to (a) play lock and (b) perform. Why? Because 800k needs to get you a match winner that touches the ball a lot, not an edge forward that might carry on occasions. If he parks himself on an edge, misses tackles, throws no look passes over the shoulders of teammates and misses large chunks of football through a lack of fitness, that 800k is gonna matter big time!

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10