The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I'm worried about The Shoe. I thought he'd be a once-in-a-generation player having watched him carve up juniors. When DESpicable played him in the forwards I thought it was a waste; 5/8 is where he'd shine...
I have been so disappointed. He doesn't take the line on, even though he has the bulk to break tackles, and is now just a passer or kicker of the football. He doesn't get involved enough and now looks too slow to be a 5/8. Sadly, I don't think he has the stamina to be a forward.
The future is depressing. He, and a fit Turbo, were our hope of being a premiership contender.
Agree with this all.

The key point is engaging the line more, he'd be so much more damaging if he ran half the time

The difference being that Des Hasler has taken teams to five GF's, multiple finals and two premierships. Then there's the fact that a Des coached side has never finished last. Siebold on the other hand guided the richest NRL club to a wooden spoon, and many ex players came out when we were interested in signing him and said he talks the talk without being able to walk the walk. At the start of the season Anthony proclaimed we were a finals footy side. Now all I hear is "Success isn't a straight line," or "the Cowboys are a good footy side, right."

Spoony also flooded the Broncos with Moses clients.

The proof is in the pudding.

If it walks like a duck....
It's ok you don't have to keep saying it, your view is clear, lol.

It's ok you don't have to keep saying it, your view is clear, lol.
As are your views that you repeat in various threads. It's a footy forum mate. Irrespective of whether I'm right or wrong, I won't stop posting my views on Manly. The alternative is to engage in left aligned political waffle and I have ZERO interest in discussing issues such as the voice to Parliament. After all, we know the result of that referendum is a foregone conclusion.

At least Spoony still has a chance to throw egg on my face.

As an avid Sea Eagles man, I really hope he does.

As are your views that you repeat in various threads. It's a footy forum mate. Irrespective of whether I'm right or wrong, I won't stop posting my views on Manly. The alternative is to engage in left aligned political waffle and I have ZERO interest in discussing issues such as the voice to Parliament. After all, we know the result of that referendum is a foregone conclusion.

Haha what????

The only alternative to repeating Yay Des, Nay Seibold, Hate Woods is left aligned political waffle????

You need to broaden your horizons if that is your only two options 😂

Haha what????

The only alternative to repeating Yay Des, Nay Seibold, Hate Woods is left aligned political waffle????

You need to broaden your horizons if that is your only two options 😂
I'm certainly no Mark Twain, but the satirical nature of my post has just flown right over your head. Even my co worker somehow identified the undertone of irony and he's a Parramatta supporter.

... I won't stop posting my views on Manly. The alternative is to engage in left aligned political waffle and I have ZERO interest in discussing issues such as the voice to Parliament. After all, we know the result of that referendum is a foregone conclusion.
Well this is an interesting development!
I can see you won't ever stop posting your views here on Manly, nor your views on left aligned political waffle or the voice to parliament it seems.
Which begs the question, how did you ever cope before you stumbled upon this forum a mere month or two ago?

I'm certainly no Mark Twain, but the satirical nature of my post has just flown right over your head. Even my co worker somehow identified the undertone of irony and he's a Parramatta supporter.
You show your co workers your posts?

Why?

We believe what we want to believe I guess.

Take Des Hasler. Many on here claimed he was a dinosaur and that no other footy club wanted a bar of him. We now know for a fact that isn't true after Newcastle and the Gold Coast scrambled to secure him as their head coach. We complained that Dinosaur Des was past it because he wasn't picking Kao Weekes and chose to play Kieren Foran at six. Schuster is the best 5/8 we screamed, why is Des playing him in the second row? Same goes for Hopoate.

Spoonbold was the answer to our prayers. The Des haters said he is a younger coach who would bring a fresh innovative approach to Manly. Spoony won't pick old duds in the team or refuse point blank to drop them. Then Sharon Woods joked his way through the doors on a free contract, declaring how much he loves the joint, unseating better players on a weekly basis. Unsurprisingly, Spoony soon realised Des was right about Weekes, Schuster, Foz and co.

The impact of the rainbow jersey and the tragic death of Keith Titmus played a huge part in our poor finish last season. Anyone who claims otherwise is just completely ignorant or full of bitterness. In the end, Des was sacked because he dared to question management after they hung him out to dry.

Now Dinosaur Des has quickly been snapped up by a rival club and Spoony has begun to unravel.

We believe what we want to believe I guess.
I appreciate your view too, no dramas.

But you are believing what you want to believe too , and you need to acknowledge that.

In my view Des is a has been
In yours , he’s a messiah

We both believe what we want to believe

Well this is an interesting development!
I can see you won't ever stop posting your views here on Manly, nor your views on left aligned political waffle or the voice to parliament it seems.
Which begs the question, how did you ever cope before you stumbled upon this forum a mere month or two ago?
Gee I dunno. Well there's work, fitness, taking my son to football, annoying the wife, pleasing the wife, apologising to the wife, running around for the wife, reassuring the wife, pretending to like my wife's cooking, riding my dirt bike, reading books, eating out, helping my daughter with her many requests, helping my parents, listening to my sisters complaints, enjoying a cold schooner with the boys, holidays, fishing for Bass on the Nepean River, jet skiing on the Nepean River, gardening, collecting coins, picking my son up on a Saturday night when he gets on the drink at Panthers.

I appreciate your view too, no dramas.

But you are believing what you want to believe too , and you need to acknowledge that.

In my view Des is a has been
In yours , he’s a messiah

We both believe what we want to believe
Absolutely Mark!

I don't think Des is the Messiah, but I do believe he is much better than Spoony.

I don’t think we’re getting anywhere here, re your opening paragraph, for me it’s not really about what I see as his deficiencies, even if I mentioned particular aspects of his game, I will agree however that this is about personal perspective. I appreciate the approach you‘ve taken, but you word things for the benefit of your view point, if your happy with what his achieving and see it as positive, then that’s where we see it very differently.

I’m not wanting to get on Shoe or compare his stats because it’s not completely about that, besides that I’d like him to be successful, I’ve supported him from the beginning, however my confidence has seriously diminished to the point I‘ve been expressing, hence where I’m at. I’m not interested in arguing or having a crack at how you perceive his performance or how his stats measure up, if you prefer, I’ll end by saying it’s a judgment call based on my perception, time will provide the answers, so I guess we’ll see where it all ends up going forward, I won’t be holding my breath as I don’t have a lot of confidence in our whole organisation at present and think we are in for some really hard times.

Still missing the point. You'll notice throughout my comments about players that I challenge perspective. I'm not saying I'm right at all. I'm trying to allow the evidence to guide me. Whether Schuster is playing well or up to standard is not the point. I don't know personally. I'm just saying that we should look at what evidence suggests. Its about the principle of following the evidence to seek what is most probable . I'm saying that perspective colours your way of looking at something, and I'm demonstrating through stats or evidence in general, that how we see things and are influenced by what others tell us, often doesn't fit what the evidence suggests. Forget my point of view. Its about evidence vs perspective.

In the job I had, I had to write thousands of court reports which included personal histories and motivations. I was cross examined frequently about what I had written and had to ensure what I wrote was based on evidence not conjecture. If I had written through just a perspective, I would have been crucified. So I had to as best I could step out from my biases and look only at the factual evidence before me as dispassionately as I could. Not perfect by any stretch, but better than operating purely on what my perception and personal biases were telling. me. That's all I am doing here. I'm not giving a personal opinion without substantiation. I'm not judging, I'm merely trying to stress that how we see things is always coloured and so we must sit back and allow the evidence to guide us, not to prove our opinion, but to reveal what is the most probable explanation. That in essence is what I seek to do. Its ingrained.

It worked outstandingly in 2021, to the point he was in Origin discussions

Hopefully he finds that again next season, I remember his step always had him making decent metres

There are parts (and I emphasise... parts) of his game that to me seemed pretty average or inconsistent, which is fine as he was a rookie. The problem is that I haven't yet seen much evidence that he has got much better at those things since 2021.

For example... Hitting the opposition line at pace and making good post-contact metres with the ball in hand, running a good line off one of the halves and busting through the defence, getting a quick play-the-ball, or showing good speed or leg drive.

This is what a forward (especially one on over $600k) is required to do, otherwise the rest of the squad will have to pick up the slack. Whether he can or will improve on those things, or just be another #6 on an edge, is to be seen.

One word for the Shooey before Sunday's game.

CarpefukkenDiem son ... just fukken Carpe bloody Diem.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
9 4 5 -16 8