The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Mate, if you cannot let go of your vendetta towards Chez (or at least stay silent) after the year he has had then it really is not gonna matter what he does going forward…

We could win consecutive GFs with Chez as CCM and you would find a way to criticise him…

I get that you are balls in on the whole “Chez is our greatest issue” thing but the fact that you can even propose that Schu is on the same level (“the return over a number of seasons is probably no better than what the Schu brings”- seriously WTF??) will do me… DCE won a CCM in a losing GF side at the same stage of his career as the Schu is at - and his level the last 2 years is light years beyond that…

Did you even watch today’s game? Everything came off the back of DCE… Schu had 2 runs for about 5m and one good one-on-one tackle… and this (the standard of both players today) happens REGULARLY… Schu has had 2 games in his career where you could genuinely say “we won today because of Schu”

The kid may end up great but, right now, you are way off mate…
On 3 occasions on this post i said dce has had a a better year. 3 . You must have missed all of them . Pretty convenient . Sounds like you are just looking to vent.

my post was also before todays game so it seems your attention to detail is pretty poor, Considering your comments about todays game .

also my points are that both halves have gaps in there game. If manlys forward pack and hooker cant support dce then how the **** is the shoe supposed to shine. It doesnt make any sense at all

i wasnt having a go at dce just some posters that excuse dce but blame shoe
yes shoe has fitness issues but i addressed that also

and are you really still banging on about 2013 . Lol

dead set drama queen

Last edited:
You'd be the only person who doesn't think DCE is in career best form this season. Are you colour blind? I think you might be watching Brendan Wakeham running around for the Tigers? Just look for the team logo to prevent any ongoing confusion.
I do agree, mentioned it 3 times, but that wasnt the point of the post at all
you also short sighted it seems
my post was about shoe being blamed for stuff dce does also but not being able to lean on the same excuses On silvertails. Is dce better. Yes, should he be, absolutely .

but thanks for commenting before reading it all. Good chat
ill look forward to answering bits of your posts that suit my mood in future

my post was about shoe being blamed for stuff dce does also but not being able to lean on the same excuses On silvertails. Is dce better. Yes, should he be, absolutely .

I look forward to it.

Sorry mate, after reading through much of this thread I somehow failed to grasp that you were a fan of DCE. I'm not sure why I was left with such a distinct impression that you don't rate him.

Maybe I need to get my eyes tested.

It could very well be the fatigue today but geez he has a habit of 'ball watching' when players go to the line. He needs a bit of guidance and help around it. Week in, week out, he gets beaten by a pass to his outside, where he comes up with nothing but clean air (Ramien try).

Also came up with clean air in the Katoa try. Kennedy scorched him on the outside. Parker had to come in and make the tackle but Kennedy managed to get the pass away.

Gee I hope this guy improves. Had high hopes for the Schu but he’s really underwhelming. Feel like he and Tuilagi are the weakest edge defence combo in the comp.

Sorry mate, after reading through much of this thread I somehow failed to grasp that you were a fan of DCE. I'm not sure why I was left with such a distinct impression that you don't rate him.

Maybe I need to get my eyes tested.
fan or not doesnt change the statements i made.
also where did i say something about DCE that doesnt have merit or hasnt been discussed by others like running into the line and straighten the attack.

i would say your eyes are fine, you played the man, not the ball and got him first shot

if you want to talk footy i left content in there also that went untouched. im pretty amenable to discussion.

On 3 occasions on this post i said dce has had a a better year. 3 . You must have missed all of them . Pretty convenient . Sounds like you are just looking to vent.

my post was also before todays game so it seems your attention to detail is pretty poor, Considering your comments about todays game .

also my points are that both halves have gaps in there game. If manlys forward pack and hooker cant support dce then how the **** is the shoe supposed to shine. It doesnt make any sense at all

i wasnt having a go at dce just some posters that excuse dce but blame shoe
yes shoe has fitness issues but i addressed that also

and are you really still banging on about 2013 . Lol

dead set drama queen
Mate, don’t take this personal because I have no issue with your posts and I do not expect us to agree on this because you have made your feelings on Chez very clear over a prolonged period of time (which is all good, I have players that I can’t stand also)… but I fully disagree with your take on this…

Firstly, I missed the fact your post was pre-game - my bad, apologies…

2013 is relevant because you brought a comparison of Schu and DCE up and Chez was twice, maybe 3 times, the player at the SAME STAGE of their careers…

As for venting bud, as I said, you need to sit back and stay silent on Chez because he is not having a ‘better year’, he is SLAYING IT just like I have always thought you wanted him too?

Proposing that Schu is somehow on the same level (either now, at the same stage or anywhere in between) is just plain wrong…

Chez’s WORST game involved more effort and talent then Schu’s typical game… the Schu has skills but you are kidding only yourself if you think he is anywhere near the level of Chez…

Last edited:
Really struggling to see how Manly will get value from Schu long term. Does this guy have the attitude, physicality, and fitness to be a quality back rower? At least Feleti Mateo had a dynamic running game when he turned it on

Really struggling to see how Manly will get value from Schu long term. Does this guy have the attitude, physicality, and fitness to be a quality back rower? At least Feleti Mateo had a dynamic running game when he turned it on
That is a comparison I can get on board with… I would say that Schu may have a higher ceiling than Feleti but right now he is a similar style player and Feleti has the runs on the board…

Not sure Feleti ever had a similar level of hype as that around the Schu tho and I am damn sure he was not on the same level of coin (probably ever)

Mate, don’t take this personal because I have no issue with your posts and I do not expect us to agree on this because you have made your feelings on Chez very clear over a prolonged period of time (which is all good, I have players that I can’t stand also)… but I fully disagree with your take on this…

Firstly, I missed the fact your post was pre-game - my bad, apologies…

2013 is relevant because you brought a comparison of Schu and DCE up and Chez was twice, maybe 3 times, the player at the SAME STAGE of their careers…

As for venting bud, as I said, you need to sit back and stay silent on Chez because he is not having a ‘better year’, he is SLAYING IT just like I have always thought you wanted him too?

Proposing that Schu is somehow on the same level (either now, at the same stage or anywhere in between) is just plain wrong…

Chez’s WORST game involved more effort and talent then Schu’s typical game… the Schu has skills but you are kidding only yourself if you think he is anywhere near the level of Chez…
when you conveniently ignore half of what i say that supports your opinion and then call the rest a vandetta its hard not to take it personally. without using the correct context it just seems argumentative. My post had balance until someone decided to tip the scales. was that you ?

Again please point out where i have said DCE is not having a good year . my point that you decided to chew on wasnt that at all. I said shoe is being judged differently to DCE in the same position on ST. not his game, his effort, his choice to park nose in first, or his desire to mash his peas in with his spuds. the comparism on ST after 15 games at 6 with a spine of reuben, croker and DCE and a pack that gets beaten. all last season that spine was the very reason DCE was stifled, but now that chez is playing good footy its not a concern for shoe

its either bull**** this year or
bull**** last year. Im trying to clarify which as it now seems DCE can fire with frog and aioli in the team

Is DCE a better player, yes. I said it a few posts up
is he having his best year agree. said that also
does he get a free ride on ST.....yes and there is a usual suspects group in both camps
is shoe getting **** for stuff DCE did for many seasons, 2013 GF aside and 10 games this season. Hell yeah.

Dce has always had an effort game to rival anyone, however he is taking the pay and position of a brains guru and until recently seemed to lack both the leadership or the desire to acquire it. a new coach found it in 10 minutes .Is that attitude ? a real question i am sure will again be ignored

great to celebrate his maturity but to forget the journey is again, convenient./ he has been woeful at times and still cleaned up on MVP here

you rightly pointed out that i have had my opinion for some time. I wasnt the first or only. maybe i just have more time. I supported him early and still do as a manly player

naively , i just think we are all manly fans here so we should talk openly without retribution.

enjoy your day

when you conveniently ignore half of what i say that supports your opinion and then call the rest a vandetta its hard not to take it personally. without using the correct context it just seems argumentative. My post had balance until someone decided to tip the scales. was that you ?

Again please point out where i have said DCE is not having a good year . my point that you decided to chew on wasnt that at all. I said shoe is being judged differently to DCE in the same position on ST. not his game, his effort, his choice to park nose in first, or his desire to mash his peas in with his spuds. the comparism on ST after 15 games at 6 with a spine of reuben, croker and DCE and a pack that gets beaten. all last season that spine was the very reason DCE was stifled, but now that chez is playing good footy its not a concern for shoe

its either bull**** this year or
bull**** last year. Im trying to clarify which as it now seems DCE can fire with frog and aioli in the team

Is DCE a better player, yes. I said it a few posts up
is he having his best year agree. said that also
does he get a free ride on ST.....yes and there is a usual suspects group in both camps
is shoe getting **** for stuff DCE did for many seasons, 2013 GF aside and 10 games this season. Hell yeah.

Dce has always had an effort game to rival anyone, however he is taking the pay and position of a brains guru and until recently seemed to lack both the leadership or the desire to acquire it. a new coach found it in 10 minutes .Is that attitude ? a real question i am sure will again be ignored

great to celebrate his maturity but to forget the journey is again, convenient./ he has been woeful at times and still cleaned up on MVP here

you rightly pointed out that i have had my opinion for some time. I wasnt the first or only. maybe i just have more time. I supported him early and still do as a manly player

naively , i just think we are all manly fans here so we should talk openly without retribution.

enjoy your day
Fair enough, maybe I over-read your post because I over-related it to your previous open disdain for Chez… But I vehemently disagree with your comparison…

• No one has ever been able to criticise Chez for his effort in defence
  • No-one has ever been able to say Chez looks disinterested
  • Even when Chez has a bad day, he is looking to try different things
  • Chez got his big contract because his NRL form demanded it (and Foz leaving helped)
  • Chez is a leader that is respected as a role model by his peers (Jonathon Thurston just said the other day how obvious it is that the Qld players look up to him)

None of those apply to Schu who, to this point, has not shown any ability on or off the field that surpasses anything that Chez has done…

It is simply a false comparison…

You can (and do) argue that Chez is not value-for-money or does not play straight enough as both those arguments (however subjective) have an element of validity…

But drawing comparisons between how he and Schu are held to account is pure BS…

Schu has done nothing, is well-paid and seems like he struggled to get out of bed some days… his effort has even been questioned openly by internal people at Manly…

Chez is better-paid, Australian halfback, SOO-winning captain, premiership winner, CCM winner and consistently our best-on-ground over a decade… so maybe he has some runs on the board?

That is my opinion and it is purely a disagreement with yours… not trying to cancel you bud…

can we stop comparing Chez with Shu, they are not in the same league.
chez is stellar this year, shu has much to do , specifically in defence and those dumb... stop running and drop plays he does.

Fair enough, maybe I over-read your post because I over-related it to your previous open disdain for Chez… But I vehemently disagree with your comparison…

• No one has ever been able to criticise Chez for his effort in defence
  • No-one has ever been able to say Chez looks disinterested
  • Even when Chez has a bad day, he is looking to try different things
  • Chez got his big contract because his NRL form demanded it (and Foz leaving helped)
  • Chez is a leader that is respected as a role model by his peers (Jonathon Thurston just said the other day how obvious it is that the Qld players look up to him)

None of those apply to Schu who, to this point, has not shown any ability on or off the field that surpasses anything that Chez has done…

It is simply a false comparison…

You can (and do) argue that Chez is not value-for-money or does not play straight enough as both those arguments (however subjective) have an element of validity…

But drawing comparisons between how he and Schu are held to account is pure BS…

Schu has done nothing, is well-paid and seems like he struggled to get out of bed some days… his effort has even been questioned openly by internal people at Manly…

Chez is better-paid, Australian halfback, SOO-winning captain, premiership winner, CCM winner and consistently our best-on-ground over a decade… so maybe he has some runs on the board?

That is my opinion and it is purely a disagreement with yours… not trying to cancel you bud…

I'm not turning this into a dce thread. your just lining me up for more disdain of which quite frankly ive had enough of

you entitled to your opinion and ive never tried to rubbish it .
be vehement ,strongly disagree, happy for you

but im done and i feel no need to let you know how MUCH i disagree.
just my opinion. In fact ive mainly agreed with you.

for the record. I do not hate DCE but love manly. Ive seen him as a stumbling block to our success due to the worst contract ever Penned. I do not like our forwards and hookers carrying the can for his inability to play in the line to attack or kick. they have enough of there own issues .yes he has improved but in this area he has loads to work on

look maybe i just over read things because everytime i mention DCE some one tells me i have an agenda, a hatred, and am a pessimist because it doesnt fit what the cool team are saying. its tiresome and has me posting less and less

But rarely do they address the points i make, just play the man

anyway adios,

I'm not turning this into a dce thread
Well that's a relief!

baby time GIF

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12