The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Not going to read all the other posts, but I will give Schuster some credit in some areas

He has been battered from pillar to post from all angles consistently for over a year. Not once has he said anything against the club, dropped his lip, claimed racism etc. All we hear from him is that he loves the place. Compare that attitude to Latrell Mitchell any time he cops criticism on his performance, talks of retirement, racism, woe is me, i need a break etc

I’ll chuck Brooks a compliment in that regard as well. Has been 5-6 years he has been copping it relentlessly, easy option would be to piss off to Super League, but he has just kept his head down and mouth shut and kept going
Why would he complain when he gets paid a shipload of money to dish up what he has over the past two seasons?

Not going to read all the other posts, but I will give Schuster some credit in some areas

He has been battered from pillar to post from all angles consistently for over a year. Not once has he said anything against the club, dropped his lip, claimed racism etc. All we hear from him is that he loves the place. Compare that attitude to Latrell Mitchell any time he cops criticism on his performance, talks of retirement, racism, woe is me, i need a break etc

I’ll chuck Brooks a compliment in that regard as well. Has been 5-6 years he has been copping it relentlessly, easy option would be to piss off to Super League, but he has just kept his head down and mouth shut and kept going
I agree that the Schu has been nothing but positive in his public comments, which is why I have tried to stay off his back and back him to get it sorted…

But 2024 is the time for action in deed not word because some of his “efforts” have been less than impressive this year and the 0 runs as a 2nd rower is just plain unacceptable…

no other player would cop any less criticism if they were putting up the same performances in a spine position and some have copped worse and pulled through to be highly consistent with all things ‘effort’ (hi Froggy)

You need to earn your keep. His keep is significant and he needs to justify it. I had high hopes for him but I am concerned that he does not look focused and determined. In 2021 he had a good season and worked hard. He needs to work at least that hard again. He’s not there yet he needs to realise that success will only come on the back of ongoing hard work. It’s his career and he needs to choose what he will make if it. The club will eventually loose patience and he won’t be an attractive option to any other club at any price tag. Even the Tigers weren’t interested this year.

Why would he complain when he gets paid a shipload of money to dish up what he has over the past two seasons?
Back to old mate Latrell, he complained when Trent Robinson dropped him to reserves earlier in his career, when his brother wasn’t getting a run, and needed weeks off after being dropped from Origin. He wasn’t on small coin either, and jumped ship for extra coin at the first opportunity

Regardless of what he is being paid now, he reportedly signed here for less this contract, and his previous 2 signed for Manly while knocking back bigger offers from multiple clubs, 13 tried to get him away a few years back

Back to old mate Latrell, he complained when Trent Robinson dropped him to reserves earlier in his career, when his brother wasn’t getting a run, and needed weeks off after being dropped from Origin. He wasn’t on small coin either, and jumped ship for extra coin at the first opportunity

Regardless of what he is being paid now, he reportedly signed here for less this contract, and his previous 2 signed for Manly while knocking back bigger offers from multiple clubs, 13 tried to get him away a few years back
Not sure if comparing anyone to Trell is relevant…

Trell carries on like that kid that has been spoilt rotten and acts out as soon as he does not get his own way… everyone looks good when compared with Trell…

Not as if Shu did not have a few very reasonable performances this season
Storm , Eels and Roosters [ i st games ] , Raiders , , apparently went quite well against the Dogs with Blacktown last week .
Sure that he still has it in him , back to an edge next season , so will be a different complexion then in terms of his game responsibilities and role and maybe less pressure to be able to revert to his better playing style and effectiveness .
Going to have to manage and regularly maintain personal best level of fitness and endurance levels but apparently took his last off season very seriously and was in pretty fair shape at season 's start
injuries and some lack of confidence , fitness and commitment levels did not help his course this season but more then possible to overcome and flip these negatives for the opportunity to get back to his best level .
Not a given also of course but should be allowed and receive all of the right encouragement and goodwill to help make it happen

Seibold and the club re-signed him after signing Brooks so there is obviously a plan there to have him in the backrow next year. Bit tough to judge him there after one 25 minute stint where yes, he didn't take a run but ignore the fact the ball went his way maybe 2 or 3 times. Not to mention he was already low on confidence after being dropped to the bench for underperforming at 6, with attacking weapons like Parker, Tuilagi and Tuipulotu outside him, and Garrick at fullback instead of Koula.

If we are in the same position next year I'll concede defeat but the constant criticism and blaming like we don't have other issues in the team (some having existed way before Schuster) is tiring. He's been ripped into by the media and all NRL fans (especially our own) for months but now has the whole off season to make whatever his new role is his own. I'd rather back him in than to join in on the pile on

Abso-farking-lutely mate ! Everyone has taken a shot. I cannot WAIT until he turns the corner - has a full off season, comes back, rips in, and it'll be egg salad for one and all. This kid has that magic not many other players possess. If he can get back some fitness, game time, the skies the limits.

Also, I'm not automatically putting Brooks in the 6 jersey (it IS likely), but there will be competition for spots next season.

Whether Schuster plays the 6, 12, 13 or 14/17, he should be in there, and by god he'll provide and create spark - you just watch :sunglasses:

Not as if Shu did not have a few very reasonable performances this season
Yes, he had some very good games and it was his pass to Burbo that won the first Roosters game. Overall, I'd consider his season as a pass. However, it became obvious that he has insufficient pace to regularly play five eighth and is best suited to playing in the forwards.

Abso-farking-lutely mate ! Everyone has taken a shot. I cannot WAIT until he turns the corner - has a full off season, comes back, rips in, and it'll be egg salad for one and all. This kid has that magic not many other players possess. If he can get back some fitness, game time, the skies the limits.

Also, I'm not automatically putting Brooks in the 6 jersey (it IS likely), but there will be competition for spots next season.

Whether Schuster plays the 6, 12, 13 or 14/17, he should be in there, and by god he'll provide and create spark - you just watch :sunglasses:
My oh my Ryan you are on happy pills today. I told you to take the blue pill not the red pill!!.

That said, I share your positivity about next season. Stars are aligning and the junk is being shown the door.

NYEagle

Just needs to get fit and stay fit. If he does this both physically and mentally, skys the limit for the Schu. Everyone knows the talent he has. That’s never been the question. It’s if he wants it bad enough. Time will tell. Very interesting 2024 for the Schu.

I agree with you.

Schu gets exposed for two reasons....

1. He's the link man for Turbo with Turbo coming off his shoulder after recieving the ball in 1st or 2nd reciever. With no Turbo he has no one to pass to and has no option but to catch the ball and take the tackle.

2. No running dummy half. Teams know (no offence to Croker) our 9 is a pass 1st dummy half 90 percent of the time and defender rush up on the 1st reciever which gives Schu basically no time to react. I think Gordie is the gamechanger now and will give Schu a lot more lattitude.

Last edited:
From my observations, having a partner seems to help the careers of young Pacifica players

Schuster.jpg

I agree with you.

Schu gets exposed for two reasons....

1. He's the link man for Turbo with Turbo coming off his shoulder after recieving the ball in 1st or 2nd reciever. With no Turbo he has no one to pass to and has no option but to catch the ball and take the tackle.

2. No running dummy half. Teams know (no offence to Croker) our 9 is a pass 1st dummy half 90 percent of the time and defender rush up on the 1st reciever which gives Schu basically no time to react. I think Gordie is the gamechanger now and will give Schu a lot more lattitude.
That’s true, but neither of those things explain his effort areas and poor defence which has been poor all year and I think the main reason he was dropped. He needs an attitude shift and work harder.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10