The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I have no idea? How do you think Des is contributing to his poor defence?

I don't think Des is contributing to the poor defence.
I think Des is losing patience pretty bloody quickly...and I agree with Des.

You think Shu is not being used wisely, and that's contributing to Shus poor performance. That's what you wrote.

What would you have Des do ?

I don't think Des is contributing to the poor defence.
I think Des is losing patience pretty bloody quickly...and I agree with Des.

You think Shu is not being used wisely, and that's contributing to Shus poor performance. That's what you wrote.

What would you have Des do ?
Cool. I get where you're coming from. I'm as dirty as most here with Schu's performances and I'm certainly not excusing him.

I don't know what Des has told Schu in terms of plans and strategy for his game. There is nothing I can tell from watching him play, and that's hard to know whether it's lack of clear direction from coaching staff or Schu failing to execute those plans.

I cannot understand the logic behind putting him on for such limited minutes. If it's a fitness issue, then either give him decent game time to build it, or drop him down to reggies to play full games there and build it.

Yeah, and I would suggest after having watched 29 games those other 15 clubs will be reassessing their opinions ...

Yes, he has rare talent ... but what isn't rare is unfulfilled potential ... and i fear that unless he changes his approach from the off the cuff creativity, to hard work and effort, he will fall short..
We could have another Mateo with Schuster. He has the ability but it may never be fulfilled.

He needs to be dropped to make him understand how hard you have to work to be at the top level. Hopefully those close to him can appreciate that commitment in the mind and body will nourish his rare talents, it would be awful to see them wasted.

He needs to be dropped to make him understand how hard you have to work to be at the top level. Hopefully those close to him can appreciate that commitment in the mind and body will nourish his rare talents, it would be awful to see them wasted.
I agree but the problem with that scenario is that both him and his manager are more likely to have a sook and throw the toys out of the cot.

I agree but the problem with that scenario is that both him and his manager are more likely to have a sook and throw the toys out of the cot.
I think you might be onto something, speculation aside, second year syndrome and injuries aside, Shu was solid for us last year, so it’s hard to know whats truly going on at the moment.
Things went a little frosty when his manager entered, after talks surfaced of extending Foz, the relationship between Des and Foz is openly understood, whatever the story is with Shu, his manager, the club and playing 6, I don’t know, but from that moment, Foz for whatever reason signs elsewhere (better money, extra year, personal circumstances, his choice, no sower grapes, we’ll maybe some sour grapes) Des I fear may not feel the same way, totally understandable from both a professional and personal point of view.
I realise that Shu isn’t doing himself any favours, he needs to work harder, especially off the field, but definitely on the field as well. Can’t help but question if there is some friction over what’s transpired, if so, maybe rightfully so, who knows, but it’s a done deal, time to move on, help the kid help himself, that’s a big part of what the coach is paid to do, throwing him in the side on the bench for 10-20 mins a game certainly isn’t the answer. It would be really sad to see another Suli type outcome, whereby we loose Josh and he starts to play good footy for another club.

I read a interview he had after the international weekend and he said he needed to lose 5 to 7kg and increase his fitness, that doesn't happen quickly you would think 4 to 6 weeks time he should be in pretty good shape, the limited game time is probably due to fatigue and injury management

I read a interview he had after the international weekend and he said he needed to lose 5 to 7kg and increase his fitness, that doesn't happen quickly you would think 4 to 6 weeks time he should be in pretty good shape, the limited game time is probably due to fatigue and injury management
Limited game time might have sometimg to do with the fact we leak points like a rusty tank when he is on.

I am completely stunned that some people are still confused ... he has PLAYED 29 games ...

How many more do you need to see to get an idea of where his strengths and weaknesses lie ????

Stats are fun ...for instance the games where he has started for us are 16 wins and 8 losses.(Off the bench is 0-4)
Obviously a detriment to the side,maybe it is second year syndrome,who knows,no one on here for sure.
At 5/8 starting it is 4 wins and 1 loss.

29 games mainly at left edge and off bench. I think the "Schuster to 6" brigade are waiting till he has a few games under his belt in that spot before endorsing him or sending him to the scrapheap. Which is fair enough, there is a bit of difference between 6 and 12, so let's give him a go and see what happens. With no Foran next year we don't have a back up plan anyway, so it's pretty much inevitable he'll be suiting up at five eighth isn't it ?

It’s no secret I’m in the shoe corner (cupboard?) .
Lol!
When he stuffs up we can put him on the shoe rack@:D
1656723469147.png

When he does great we might get a shoe horn :eek:
1656723584857.png

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10